• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] WordPress Proxy

xfrocks,

First off, thank you. You make XF rock even more than it does natively ;).

Secondly, can you provide some guidance on how to setup the system as it is on your server?
We want to do essentially the same exact thing, WP at the root and XF in /community. Is there an rewrite rule at work to make that function? Any help you can provide in setting that up would be greatly appreciated!

Hrm...
Second question: How does the promote from XF post to wp post work? I've got it turned on, but don't see any option to promote the XF post? Maybe I'm not looking where I should?

I have a blog installed in /blog directory and a forum in the main directory (public_html). I'm using the XenForo Wordpress plugin to connect Wordpress with XenForo.

Is it possible to make an option where we can set the Wordpress blog as home page and the forum to be accessible from /forum? In this suggestion the wordpress blog is using its own theme. Hope that was clear enough.

yes - i configured it, and it appears to be working fine (the xen for wp)...the bd proxy is what is giving error
So you must have entered a wrong path because the addon check for wordpress-root/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/theme/ directory. If that directory can not be found, it refuses to work

"The specified WordPress path (/home/USERNAME/public_html/community/blog) can not be found. Please double check for typo. If you are uncertain, please ask your hosting provider."

when i arbitrarily change it

my blog is in /root/blog

my forums is in /root/community

inside proxy by default it gives this path (which is incorrect) "/home/USERNAME/public_html/community/wp"

also in reading your post again

I have directory: "wordpress-root/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/" and "wordpress-root/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/css/" but not "wordpress-root/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/theme/" what is the "theme" root...where does that come from?

also in reading your post again

I have directory: "wordpress-root/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/" and "wordpress-root/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/css/" but not "wordpress-root/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/theme/" what is the "theme" root...where does that come from?
I think that's your problem. Please download the plugin for WordPress again and upload it again (remove current directory before uploading) http://xenforo.com/community/threads/wordpress-3-bridge.5398/

well it accepted it

but on my nav bar when i hit "blog"

it takes me to: /community/blog/

and then that is just a page that says
- Error

The requested page could not be found.

i am in wp 3.0.5

I have a blog installed in /blog directory and a forum in the main directory (public_html). I'm using the XenForo Wordpress plugin to connect Wordpress with XenForo.

Is it possible to make an option where we can set the Wordpress blog as home page and the forum to be accessible from /forum? In this suggestion the wordpress blog is using its own theme. Hope that was clear enough.

xfrocks, I wrote few days ago. Is this possible to make ? Thanks.

well it accepted it

but on my nav bar when i hit "blog"

it takes me to: /community/blog/

and then that is just a page that says
- Error

The requested page could not be found.

i am in wp 3.0.5
Send me your site detail via conversation and I will come by and see

I can't seem to get this to work mate
wordpress is domain.com
forum is forum.domain.com
Have you configured cookie settings correctly?

xfrocks, I wrote few days ago. Is this possible to make ? Thanks.
Yes, it's possible. You can see a live example here http://xfrocks.com

Have you configured cookie settings correctly?

It's the way it change's the link's

on the forum's (forum.domain.com it become's forum.domain.com/ihavetoaddsomethinghereinthesettings
and home become's forum.domain.com not domain.com

also no ive not touched cookie's yet not got that far just yet :)

It's the way it change's the link's

on the forum's (forum.domain.com it become's forum.domain.com/ihavetoaddsomethinghereinthesettings
and home become's forum.domain.com not domain.com

also no ive not touched cookie's yet not got that far just yet :)
I actually asked about how you configured your cookie because you are running the two system across different subdomains. If you don't have a good cookie setting, the bridge won't work hence the proxy will fail

The Login seem's to work fine tho
Also i have not even seen any cookie setting's anyway. Or is this something i have to code?

Thanks

The Login seem's to work fine tho
Also i have not even seen any cookie setting's anyway. Or is this something i have to code?

Thanks
Yes, you have to change the config.php file. If the bridge works fine but proxy fail, send me your site via conversation

Top Bottom