• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] WordPress Proxy

I'm confused. My Wordpress URL is http://www.ncisaddict.com/blog. I use shared hosting at ron8.org. Wordpress is stored in /public_html/ncisaddict.com/blog

What do I put in for the parth? I've tried everything I can think of!
Please note that /public_html/nciaddict.com/blog is not the absolute path if you are running shared hosting.
As I stalked your site :D, you will have to put this in your WordPress path "../blog" (2 dots, slash, blog)

Please note that /public_html/nciaddict.com/blog is not the absolute path if you are running shared hosting.
As I stalked your site :D, you will have to put this in your WordPress path "../blog" (2 dots, slash, blog)
THANK YOU!!! :) Never would have thought of that!

Yeah, it really doesn't like my WP setup. lol
It takes time to mature :D Can you send me the link to that contact-form and redirection plugin via Convo? There are A LOT conflicts with this kind of integration but they can be solved one by one ;)

There are A LOT conflicts with this kind of integration but they can be solved one by one ;)
What type of integration is this ?
XFrocks, can tell us more about this approach vs. running WP natively (and try to style-match with xF) ?
Looks good though ! :)

What type of integration is this ?
XFrocks, can tell us more about this approach vs. running WP natively (and try to style-match with xF) ?
Looks good though ! :)

This approach is completely different from the-other approach.

This addon will literally load your WordPress inside XenForo. The task can be extensive but there are a few way to tweak it:
  1. Using same database for XenForo and WordPress and use the XenForo DB plugin for WordPress (first post of this thread), With this one installed, WordPress will take over the database connection of XenForo and use it, save you 1 database connection
  2. Using the latest version of XenForo plugin for WordPress, it will try to use XenForo Session and save you 2 queries to database
  3. so on... (which I'm studying)
With this approach, your WordPress will match exactly with your XenForo. It can also take advantage by using XenForo relative timestamp, avatars, user card, etc. All the template core functionality of XenForo can now be used in WordPress templates (at this time, only a few of them are used but using my helper, the others methods can be used as well). You will have a unified site structure, share the same header, navigation and breadcrumb.

I have installed this on my test site and although it's a little rough around the style edges, they can be fixed with some playing around with it, this works great!!

Standard WP site: http://www.awalkinfaith.org/AAJamie/wordpress loaded with a bunch of RSS feed data

xF install: http://www.awalkinfaith.org/AAJamie/xenforo loaded with a round about conversion from my IPB site

Great job xfrocks!! Thanks for all your hard work to get this running!

Jamie

Hey xfrocks, one question. Where is the Quick links being called from for the Blog tab? I would like to edit them a bit.

Thanks,
Jamie

Well, this fixes the need for a "blog" add-on with xF ;)

Great work, I will be using this for a future xF project, for sure :D

Top Bottom