Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
You'll probably need a custom renderer. I can probably make one for you when I have time (no promises of exactly when that would be though)

What can I say, having to wait for someone to do something to help me :-) Probably THANKS. It would be very much appreciated. I have seen several people asking for the "Recent Post" functionality so there are probably other people also looking for this functionality.

Is there as way make the share icons on the Share this page widget align horizontally instead of vertically?

Thanks

No matter if I set the same widget group I don't see the widgets on a tab, all what I see is this:
upload_2014-10-26_18-26-55.webp

Any suggestions?

-I made a tabbed widget but I can't get the tabs to stay in a single line no matter what I do. Is there a way to shrink the text size of the tab text or some other formatting option?

View attachment 86993

-I tried to create a widget page but I couldn't get the URL field to take no matter how many different combinations of /forum/widget-pages/... I tried. Kept getting the 'must have url/node a-z, 0-9, ...' error.

Just put a word in there - whatever you want it to be in the link - say News, just put news in the field :)

Is there any known addon incompatibilities ?
I installed it to test the rotating ads, all settings seem present but nothing shows up when created.
No errors or anything wont display even a simple HTML. my guess is its not compatible with something I have installed
as addon.

You'd have to be a little more specific - are you talking about the sidebar or a widget page?
Do you have 'Clear Sidebar' checked in the widget list options? Are there no display position conflicts between your widgets?
One thing I've noticed, is keeping the Clear Sidebar with display order 10, and then every other you add in increments of 10 as well, so next one 20 and so on, seems to just make it work. Had troubles myself when using smaller numbers.

You'd have to be a little more specific - are you talking about the sidebar or a widget page?
Do you have 'Clear Sidebar' checked in the widget list options? Are there no display position conflicts between your widgets?
One thing I've noticed, is keeping the Clear Sidebar with display order 10, and then every other you add in increments of 10 as well, so next one 20 and so on, seems to just make it work. Had troubles myself when using smaller numbers.

The problem is there is no errors to work from to see why its not showing, addon widgets will not show is the first issues,
which includes the addon rotate ads. Only stock widgets will show.
I tried making a simple link and text and does not show up on the side bar or anywhere I try to place even a test widget.
The fact the stock ones show I would guess means everything at least at core compatibility is working, but I may be wrong.

That's why I asked if you have the Clear Sidebar in the widget list ticked. I did not by default and faced the same issue - found the answer somewhere in the addon FAQ. It's also seems important to make sure the Clear Sidebar is the first on the widget list. I have it setup with 10, then every next I create is 20, 30 and so on (see attachment) :)

Attachments

• widget list.webp
    widget list.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 13
That's why I asked if you have the Clear Sidebar in the widget list ticked. I did not by default and faced the same issue - found the answer somewhere in the addon FAQ. It's also seems important to make sure the Clear Sidebar is the first on the widget list. I have it setup with 10, then every next I create is 20, 30 and so on (see attachment) :)

Hi, sorry for not acknowledging that but yes its at the top has been and is 10 , I even tried a added widget at a high number and no luck showing up.

Hmm, the only other thing that comes to my mind, is double checking you are filling the 'position' field correctly when creating the widget ( 'all' 'forum_list' or specific position hooks etc) Tough to say without seeing your actual settings.

I tried to put the most basic of settings, no luck. Appreciate the help it worked 3 months ago no issues before
I upgraded to 1.4 but I never reinstalled until now so unsure. I may just start disabling addons and see if there is a conflict somewhere.

This question has likely been asked before... or not. IDK... I used search and didn't find any mention - but then again - there's 209 pages of comments = wow!
At anyrate - thanks for the add-on it's quite nice. Wish there were better documentation though.

But my question is this: I use Xenporta and make use of it's Recent News block.
Is there any way to import Xenporta's Recent News block to Widget Framework? Or perhaps someone can share a Recent News block that is styled similarly to the Xenporta module?

Much appreciation for the assistance guys and gals ;)

J.

This question has likely been asked before... or not. IDK... I used search and didn't find any mention - but then again - there's 209 pages of comments = wow!
At anyrate - thanks for the add-on it's quite nice. Wish there were better documentation though.

But my question is this: I use Xenporta and make use of it's Recent News block.
Is there any way to import Xenporta's Recent News block to Widget Framework? Or perhaps someone can share a Recent News block that is styled similarly to the Xenporta module?

Much appreciation for the assistance guys and gals ;)

J.
There is something what you are looking for....you will need to visit xfrocks website and download portal* ;)

* currently in beta/and probably needs a bit of finishing touches.

@Andy N is using it on his site : https://www.quantnet.com/

Any way to have it show the first post of a thread in a certain node? Like news widget basically but actually showing the content of the post. Tried searching all kinds of key words.

Edit* nvm it looks like someone just asked it. so no widget for this addon but we have to install a new one? Anyone have a widget lying around for this one?

Any way to have it show the first post of a thread in a certain node? Like news widget basically but actually showing the content of the post. Tried searching all kinds of key words.

Edit* nvm it looks like someone just asked it. so no widget for this addon but we have to install a new one? Anyone have a widget lying around for this one?

That's default functionality - Just select Full View when creating the widget - shows full content or any length excerpt depending on where you use the pbreak shortcode in the original post.

What people are after is a better styled one (blog type), which is why someone recommended the beta of another addon.

Top Bottom