Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Ok, I have disabled Nodes as Tabs on the Widget Page, and went to Style Properties as you suggest. As you can see, I have default settings (for now), but for whatever reason, the "links from forums" are not showing up below my nav, as you can see in the image below the Style Properties settings. Yet, when I hover over Home, I get a drop-down list which offers the quick link options which mirror the forum sublinks. Weird, right? Is there some cache I need to clear or something?

Again, my objective is to create Link Forums as children to the Widget Page so that they show up as sub-links.

navlinks.webp

I've further dabbled... and I think there's something wrong with the implementation of the Widget Page style property. Even though I've reverted the setting to "show links from forums navtab," it still works as described above. Further, I've found that when viewing the Forums main page, I do see the sub nav items, but when I go to internal pages (i.e., to a specific thread view), the sub nav goes away on those pages as well. This does not happen on Articles, Gallery or Members. Is there a safe way to "reset" this AddOn's style properties beyond just ticking the box to do so? I can't really find any Rebuild Cache options that would make sense to correct this...?

I've been searching, and have been unable to figure out why one of the forums I manage shows the visitor panel on ALL pages, and the other one does not. I'm not using the "hide visitor panel" option of the Clear Sidebar widget, yet they are only showing on the forum_list on that forum. The forum where it shows on every page, I am using the "hide visitor panel" option, yet it doesn't hide anywhere at all. I'm at a loss.

Edit: nevermind me. It was because I was adding another widget there, so the visitor panel was apparently automatic.

I've further dabbled... and I think there's something wrong with the implementation of the Widget Page style property. Even though I've reverted the setting to "show links from forums navtab," it still works as described above. Further, I've found that when viewing the Forums main page, I do see the sub nav items, but when I go to internal pages (i.e., to a specific thread view), the sub nav goes away on those pages as well. This does not happen on Articles, Gallery or Members. Is there a safe way to "reset" this AddOn's style properties beyond just ticking the box to do so? I can't really find any Rebuild Cache options that would make sense to correct this...?
Found the needle in my haystack. For whatever reason, checking the option below (within Nodes as Tabs) had me hosed, so I de-selected it.
Enable Tab Selection For Root Node
Node tabs always support tab selection, but for the root node this might not be desirable. For example, you might want a root node that functions solely as a popup menu to quickly access the node tree. When a tab becomes selected that popup menu is no longer accessible.
....and so I'm following @xfrocks advice to create Link Forum children of the parent Widget Page (Home). Of course, I can safely select "display in node tree" because the Widget Page is NOT displayed in the node tree. This serves to allow my Widget Page to have subnav items which are Link Forum items, which link to whatever I want them to link to... and they don't show up on the Forum list because its parent doesn't. (y)

Last edited:
Probably a problem with the style. Can you try with default style?

I've been searching, and have been unable to figure out why one of the forums I manage shows the visitor panel on ALL pages, and the other one does not. I'm not using the "hide visitor panel" option of the Clear Sidebar widget, yet they are only showing on the forum_list on that forum. The forum where it shows on every page, I am using the "hide visitor panel" option, yet it doesn't hide anywhere at all. I'm at a loss.

Edit: nevermind me. It was because I was adding another widget there, so the visitor panel was apparently automatic.
You got it working now?

Found the needle in my haystack. For whatever reason, checking the option below (within Nodes as Tabs) had me hosed, so I de-selected it.

....and so I'm following @xfrocks advice to create Link Forum children of the parent Widget Page (Home). Of course, I can safely select "display in node tree" because the Widget Page is NOT displayed in the node tree. This serves to allow my Widget Page to have subnav items which are Link Forum items, which link to whatever I want them to link to... and they don't show up on the Forum list because its parent doesn't. (y)
Oh nice! So you figured it out :D

I got this error:
Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: contentTemplate - library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php:103
Generated By: Draft, 3 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(103): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 103, Array)
#1 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_create('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Admin))
#2 /library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(82): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_create', Array, 'PAGE_CONTAINER')
#4 /library/XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php(154): XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#5 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(263): XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->createTemplateObject('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#6 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(135): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#7 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(614): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer('Cron entry was ...', Array)
#8 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Message), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#9 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(130) "https://www.phcorner.net/admin.php?cron/userGroupPromotions/run&_xfToken=1%2C139022716ddf8%2dfdfCfd79f3e8589bfc7334c596e59c9e91f9ea3d30a0"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["cron/userGroupPromotions/run"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1390227168,fd79f3e8589bfc7334c596e59c9e91f9ea3d30a0"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
@xfrocks

It didn't appear again now.
remember I'm using this variable "contentTemplate" to detect error pages? Might be the reason :/

I upgraded to the latest version and I'm also having a problem. Here's the error I'm getting:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Loader::load(): Failed opening required 'bdAvatarAsAttachment/Helper/AvatarUrl.php'

The thing is, I don't know what that file/path is since it doesn't seem to relate to any other add-on. On the previous version WF worked just fine.

If I deactivate some of the widgets that have content related to threads, WF works ok, but functionality is obviously compromised.

I upgraded to the latest version and I'm also having a problem. Here's the error I'm getting:

The thing is, I don't know what that file/path is since it doesn't seem to relate to any other add-on. On the previous version WF worked just fine.

If I deactivate some of the widgets that have content related to threads, WF works ok, but functionality is obviously compromised.
Looks like a conflict with some add-on that does auto loading. Can you post list of installed add-on?

Dear @xfrocks
i would like to render a single thread, complete with answers, in a widget using template or php callback and threadId.

Please give me some hints :D

Top Bottom