Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Used to be able to get new threads and new replies in one widget. Is that no longer possible or am I just not figuring it out?

Now it seems I have to have 2 separate widgets: one for new threads and another for new replies. Takes up valuable vertical space.

Used to be able to get new threads and new replies in one widget. Is that no longer possible or am I just not figuring it out?

Now it seems I have to have 2 separate widgets: one for new threads and another for new replies. Takes up valuable vertical space.
Which mode are you using? I think "New Posts" is suitable for you, it will list new threads or threads that have new replies.

Got 2.6.5 working on my 1.5x site. Had to remember to turn off the Layout Editor on the public-side of my site before disabling it on the admin-side of my site.

It appears that the new posts widget isn't always showing the latest posts. Took roughly 35 minutes to update for me.

I've disabled caching in the widget general options. Reduced Litespeed Cache to 60 seconds, and enabled "updated guest thread views".

We have some old widget pages from pre-xf2 upgrade that we can't quite delete/edit, we get this error:

The node type record for this node cannot be found. It cannot be modified.

Any workaround? I'm assuming we can go in and remove the entry from the database?

@xfrocks I don't suppose you've made one of these for 2.1? - I'm missing the tabbed widgets. I'm widget-heavy.
XF2 has its own widget system so this add-on won't be upgraded. We made heavy use of widgets on our sites too so we have rebuilt widget for XF2 but they are quite specified so we don't release those as add-on, ...yet.

XF2 has its own widget system so this add-on won't be upgraded. We made heavy use of widgets on our sites too so we have rebuilt widget for XF2 but they are quite specified so we don't release those as add-on, ...yet.
It was more the tabbed widget part of the add-on I needed. My sites look too busy with all the widgets I want setup. Your framework system was brilliant when it came to tidying up the pages.

If you're willing to share some love with your code, inbox me. :)

Reactions: rdn
I hope you cange your sight of the things in this part. I use the widget framework since years now and its one of the must haves.

Overnight the Share This Page widget starting indenting the Facebook button. No changes have been made by me.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

screenshot-www.aussiestockforums.com-2020-01-04-10-38-18.webp

@xfrocks i'm having issues with having new threads and new posts show in a single widget. that's been mentioned a couple times here, but i dont' see a clear answer. it's puzzling because the following setup works correctly in my sandbox environment, but not in my live/production environment:

rendered: threads
widget type: latest replies

using 2.6.3 in both environments.

any ideas? i've tried switchign the widget type to every option but with no avail -- it's either 1.) new threads, or 2.) new posts -- never both. i.e, if a new thread is created with the above setup, it won't show in the widget feed until there's at least 1 reply.

EDIT: disregard. upgraded to 2.6.6 and it's all good now. no idea why the sandbox env was behaving differently, as it was also on 2.6.3, but it's solid now -- thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom