Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Try adding $config['enableListeners'] = false; in your config.php file in library directory on your server and see if it allows you to access your admincp...

Last edited:
I need some urgent help! Locked out of my admin panel! I tried to upgrade to from 2.5.9 to 2.6.3. never got to run the xml and and now i get:

Fatal error: Cannot access self:: when no class scope is active in /home/me/public_html/sitename.com/forum/library/WidgetFramework/ShippableHelper/Updater.php on line 79

Can someone please help me? :(
This is weird, you are running PHP 7.2?!

@xfrocks no. I'm running php 5.3.
I want to upgrade to php 7.2. widget framework 2.5.9 prevents me from doing this.
So I tried to upgrade to widget framework 2.6.3, but that just gives me the error I mentioned above so I had to revert to 2.5.9
Maybe installing 2.6.5 would work?

Last edited:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

I had faced a similar issue...

Once, you would disable the listeners, it would disable all add-ons interfering with the core xF setup.
To disable add-ons, Edit your config.php file on your server and add the following code at the end;
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

Now, you should be able to login to your admincp;
Now, copy 2.5.9 files on to the server, overwriting the 2.6.3 files;
Now, uninstall this add-on from your admincp;
Now, delete files associated with this add-on from your server;
Now, ask you webhost to upgrade to php 7.2, make sure no other add-on clashes with php 7.2;
Now, copy 2.6.3 files on to the server;
Edit config.php file as follows:
$config['enableListeners'] = true;
Now, install the add-on using the newest xml file as usual;
And live happily ever after! ;)

I use AMS article widget.

The problem here is that conditions do not work. I would like to show the widget only on some pages, but it appears on every page. I have used several different conditions, for example bodyClasses, but the result is the same. Any idea what I can do @xfrocks

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.5.9 to 2.6.3 on XF 1.5.14 and I get this error when running the XML file:
Callback WidgetFramework_Listener::load_class_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base is invalid (Invalid Method)

I've re-uploaded files via FTP 5 times to ensure I'm not missing any files. What do I need to try next? :mad:

We use memcached and opcache - any links for tips on how to clear cache?
If you do have OpCache, you can try creating a new file on your server with these lines:

PHP:
<?php

opcache_reset();

Running it from your browser and try installing again.

Hey @xfrocks, I just updated the plugin to the latest version for our 1.5.14 installation (I know, I know, we need to upgrade the core). I found that one of the blocks is not working correctly in the forum_list, but it's working correctly in other areas like forum_view and thread_view. It's a New Posts widget that is limited to one forum but it's displaying posts for other forums, only in the forum_list location. Any ideas as to why? I edited the widget and saved to see if it would update and fix it, but no luck.

is this add-on fit for v2.0.12?
No, this add-on is XF1 only.

Hey @xfrocks, I just updated the plugin to the latest version for our 1.5.14 installation (I know, I know, we need to upgrade the core). I found that one of the blocks is not working correctly in the forum_list, but it's working correctly in other areas like forum_view and thread_view. It's a New Posts widget that is limited to one forum but it's displaying posts for other forums, only in the forum_list location. Any ideas as to why? I edited the widget and saved to see if it would update and fix it, but no luck.
The widget try to use built-in data in forum_list, try increasing the number of threads maybe?

No, this add-on is XF1 only.

The widget try to use built-in data in forum_list, try increasing the number of threads maybe?
Not sure I understand what built-in data it's trying to use. I chose to limit it to a specified forum by choosing the forum from the list. Why is it not displaying only data from that forum for that position?

Will this affect the standard sidebar widgets? I would really like to use this addon but i only need it for adding new widgets not for removing current ones or w/e would this work for that?

Hi,

i have this Error in protocols:

ErrorException: A non well formed numeric value encountered - library/WidgetFramework/ViewPublic/Helper/Layout.php:56

What das it means?

For rendered "Threads" > "New Threads" is it possibly to limit it to threads with no replies, or threads with less than 3 replies? With this conditional: {$contentTemplate} == 'cta_featuredthreads_featured'

Last edited:
For rendered "Threads" > "New Threads" is it possibly to limit it to threads with no replies, or threads with less than 3 replies? With this conditional: {$contentTemplate} == 'cta_featuredthreads_featured'

No, it's currently not possible to restrict thread with no replies / <3 replies logic. Regardless of the conditional (they are unrelated).

No, it's currently not possible to restrict thread with no replies / <3 replies logic. Regardless of the conditional (they are unrelated).
Understood, thanks for letting me know. Is there documentation somewhere that explains the difference between the "new posts" and "latest replies" widgets? I'd like to use a widget that shows all "new posts", regardless if it's a thread or a reply.

Understood, thanks for letting me know. Is there documentation somewhere that explains the difference between the "new posts" and "latest replies" widgets? I'd like to use a widget that shows all "new posts", regardless if it's a thread or a reply.
Unfortunately no, I meant there is no "document somewhere" that I know of.

Regarding your question, you should be able to use "New Posts" or "New Posts (use first poster avatar)" if you don't care whether it's a new thread or a reply. If multiple posts belongs to the same thread, that thread will show up only once FYI.

Top Bottom