Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
BTW my members are all very pleased to see the return of "Today's Birthdays" as that was such a nice social feature of the old vB forum, so thanks for that too.

Question :) Is there a way to get widgets on the Recent Threads page (the page guests see when they click "Whats New")? And on search results?

A new version has just been uploaded. There are a few highlights in this release:

1. New display mode for Users renderer as requested. You can now choose to display users as a list or as a grid of avatars.
Screen Shot 2012-04-04 at 2.38.03 AM.webp

2. Introducing special forum selection for the Threads renderer. You can now stick the widget to forum_view or thread_view and configure it to show threads from current forum or parent forum, etc. Very handy and should encourage new content discovery ;)
Screen Shot 2012-04-04 at 2.37.32 AM.webp

3. This improvement probably won't be noticed much but it's a huge one. The caching mechanism has been improved a lot!

I really really want to use this mod but my understanding of how to add pre-exisiting sidebar blocks I'm currently using to this mod is extremely limited. For example, I want to add the taiga chat block, but since that block has a sub block title embedded in the block, I basically get two block titles "Shoutbox" and another whatever the render is or what I name it. Another problem I'm having is I used the richtext feature so that my usernames for the who's online block are colored their usergroup color ... I can' seem to figure that out using the premade widget with this add on. If anyone could help me to use the same templates that my current sidebar has or maybe mod the premade ones I would be greatly appreciative.

I really really want to use this mod but my understanding of how to add pre-exisiting sidebar blocks I'm currently using to this mod is extremely limited. For example, I want to add the taiga chat block, but since that block has a sub block title embedded in the block, I basically get two block titles "Shoutbox" and another whatever the render is or what I name it. Another problem I'm having is I used the richtext feature so that my usernames for the who's online block are colored their usergroup color ... I can' seem to figure that out using the premade widget with this add on. If anyone could help me to use the same templates that my current sidebar has or maybe mod the premade ones I would be greatly appreciative.

You can use the "withou wrapper" renderers to remove the double title.

Rich username can be achieved by editing the template wf_widget_online_users.

I'll try again tomorrow. I'm not that knowledgeable with all this stuff and understanding, hooks, parameters, etc ... I can follow good instructions (like how Brogan explained the rich text thing) but I tried to even take that but couldn't figure it out :(

I'll try again tomorrow. I'm not that knowledgeable with all this stuff and understanding, hooks, parameters, etc ... I can follow good instructions (like how Brogan explained the rich text thing) but I tried to even take that but couldn't figure it out :(
The template is similar to the one you edited so you should be okie. Send me a message if you can't figure it out

The template is similar to the one you edited so you should be okie. Send me a message if you can't figure it out
I have a countdown box which I using [Advanced] Template without wrapper which calls a template.
I have an issue with CSS that the white box around Weeks and Seconds are overlaying the outter box. It should look like this http://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-countdown-timer.37/

Can you please take a look at my forum?
Thanks

Using v1.2.2 since Sunday and everything has been fine. This morning the facebook widget (html) was empty and when switched on, removed the Facebook "like" button from the "Share this page" block. Switch off the Facebook widget and the Facebook "like" button returns...

Any ideas?

Using v1.2.2 since Sunday and everything has been fine. This morning the facebook widget (html) was empty and when switched on, removed the Facebook "like" button from the "Share this page" block. Switch off the Facebook widget and the Facebook "like" button returns...

Any ideas?
Empty? Sounds like a problem with Facebook server to me. Can you enable the widget and send me the html source of the page?

Am I right in thinking that I can upgrade from v1.2 by simply:

1) FTPing all the files across, overwriting the existing ones
2) Go to ACP > Add-ons > Installed Add-ons
3) Hover over [bd] Widget Framework and choose "Upgrade Add-on"
4) Point it towards addon-WF_UpcomingEvents.xml

Is that it? I won't lose any customisations or existing widgets, will I?

Thanks. :)

Top Bottom