Resource icon

[bd] Paygates 1.5.2

No permission to download
Yes, member will be able to choose to pay by any of the available paygates. Please note that for RM, the add-on will use the site's account, not resource owner's account.
An that's a shame. Any plans to somehow allow the resource owner to use their account for the paid addon? Trying to figure a way to support paid resource from within my forum unlike on xenforo.

An that's a shame. Any plans to somehow allow the resource owner to use their account for the paid addon? Trying to figure a way to support paid resource from within my forum unlike on xenforo.

It is planned but need to be considered carefully because doing that may violate pay gate's policy (PayPal's for example). Also, site owner may want to make a cut of each sale (30% or even more).

It is planned but need to be considered carefully because doing that may violate pay gate's policy (PayPal's for example). Also, site owner may want to make a cut of each sale (30% or even more).

Actually thinking more about it, I would love a system where developer enters their paypal details and it remains private. All payments go to site accounts and using a cron, every x days a % of the payment received is sent to the developer accounts. So if i take 30% cut then 70% of their sales would go to them. I would also probably want to only pay if a certain amount was reached such as $50 or more.

if something like this is possible, I would be willing to help pay for development costs.

Actually thinking more about it, I would love a system where developer enters their paypal details and it remains private. All payments go to site accounts and using a cron, every x days a % of the payment received is sent to the developer accounts. So if i take 30% cut then 70% of their sales would go to them. I would also probably want to only pay if a certain amount was reached such as $50 or more.

if something like this is possible, I would be willing to help pay for development costs.

That's exactly what I have in mind however implementing right now is not a feasible right now due to resource constraint. Probably later ;)

That's exactly what I have in mind however implementing right now is not a feasible right now due to resource constraint. Probably later ;)

I have not dabbled much with the resource center as it does not support paid resources. Could you enlighten me as to the resource constraint? Do you mean one's servers or the addon itself?

I have not dabbled much with the resource center as it does not support paid resources. Could you enlighten me as to the resource constraint? Do you mean one's servers or the addon itself?

Sorry for not being clear, I meant human resources: we are a bit low on developer count and free time.

I am not sure if this would be considered as bug.

upload_2013-6-13_23-2-3.webp

As you could see in the image, the first attempt from Paypal was failed due to "Connection to Paypal failed". This might because of network connection between server and Paypal that time but later, when Paypal trying to send the transaction back, the payment would be refused as it check that this transaction id was processed (exists in log). So even user has paid, the payment would not be processed by paygate.

I am not sure if this would be considered as bug.

View attachment 48798

As you could see in the image, the first attempt from Paypal was failed due to "Connection to Paypal failed". This might because of network connection between server and Paypal that time but later, when Paypal trying to send the transaction back, the payment would be refused as it check that this transaction id was processed (exists in log). So even user has paid, the payment would not be processed by paygate.

I'm aware of this problem and the system worked as designed. After 16 retries PayPal will stop and admin should perform the manual action. This behavior will be changed soon.

If an unregistered user purchases a resource, it seems any unregistered user can download the resource from then on. Any way to change this?
If so, instead of taking the unregistered user to this page after payment, perhaps they could be directed to a 1 time page with a download button or emailed the resource to their paypal email address.
paygates.webp

If an unregistered user purchases a resource, it seems any unregistered user can download the resource from then on. Any way to change this?
If so, instead of taking the unregistered user to this page after payment, perhaps they could be directed to a 1 time page with a download button or emailed the resource to their paypal email address.
View attachment 48824

Hmm, how can unregistered user purchase a resource?

All add ons are compatible. At least all are that don't package their add on in a really weird way.

Worst case scenario is you'll get an error. And it heavily depends on your server having the file system permissions to allow it.

How could we allow multiple purchasing? For example bulk purchase.

Bulk purchase of... resources or other "things"? I guess you can put them all in the transaction data (it is an array, you can put ids there). Or you can create some kind of order which keeps track of "things" and quantities etc.

Bulk purchase of... resources or other "things"? I guess you can put them all in the transaction data (it is an array, you can put ids there). Or you can create some kind of order which keeps track of "things" and quantities etc.

I mean for a single resource. For example, 1 purchase valid for 1 domain, user want to purchase for 5 domains but he now only can pay once.

Top Bottom