• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Banner Rotater

I would love the ability to display at the right-top header, sidebar block and/or at the bottom of the forums :D

Watching this thread ;)

Well you have paid advertisers. It's just that they are paying Google a much smaller sum of money than you could potentially get yourself directly and Google also keep a large portion of it.
True, but I have found forums censoring negative posts about paid sponsors. I'd rather have lower income than protect the interest of a sponsors.

I can't wait! thank you Lawrence. I find specially interesting to display a different banner in each node.

True, but I have found forums censoring negative posts about paid sponsors. I'd rather have lower income than protect the interest of a sponsors.
Because you have found forums censoring posts, doesn't mean many do. We don't. I'd rather have 1000 times the income *and* not censor posts. It's quite possible to keep advertising and forum content separate.

Any new updates Lawrence, we're chompin' at the bit here! :D

The installer and uninstaller is finished. The code to scan for new uploaded banners (and verify a banner is indeed an image) is done. The admin page for listing all banners that an Administrator has flagged as available to be displayed is completed as well. I am working on ad options at the moment. I needed to stop to add in a couple of ad locations for testing (one after the 1st post of a thread, and one directly above the top breadcrumbs). I also have a few ad locations options done as well. It is actually useable right now, but not to a point I am happy with for releasing as a beta. I want to add in a few more manageable ad locations too, :)

Will this mod cause the page to flicker the forum descriptions like adsense does?

So far, not yet, :)

The installer and uninstaller is finished. The code to scan for new uploaded banners (and verify a banner is indeed an image) is done. The admin page for listing all banners that an Administrator has flagged as available to be displayed is completed as well. I am working on ad options at the moment. I needed to stop to add in a couple of ad locations for testing (one after the 1st post of a thread, and one directly above the top breadcrumbs). I also have a few ad locations options done as well. It is actually useable right now, but not to a point I am happy with for releasing as a beta. I want to add in a few more manageable ad locations too, :)

Awesome! Can't wait! :D

Just an update: I added in some more ad locations: right of the logo, and one between the bottom breadcrumbs and the footer. Ads are cached too. The cache life depends on the settings for the ad location. Each Ad spot also has it's own CSS you can fine tune.

Top Bottom