• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Banner Rotater

Ok, Where test ad and test ad 2 are on the sides. I don't think I want to use those positions.

The one on the bottom of the page I don't think will get much exposure gut I will use it as it as I don't think it will detract from the look of the forum at all.

The one below the bread crumbs I will use for sure.

The one to the right of the XenForo logo I have to see how it will look with the skins. If it makes the forum look bad I wont use it, if it does not detract from the look I will.

The below forum statistics (the 250x250) one. I will use but I have a question on this one. I am thinking of static banners in this spot rather than rotating ones. Can they be stacked one above the other with a small gap between them? I think I have room for maybe 6 of them one over the other below forum statistics.

The below forum statistics (the 250x250) one. I will use but I have a question on this one. I am thinking of static banners in this spot rather than rotating ones. Can they be stacked one above the other with a small gap between them? I think I have room for maybe 6 of them one over the other below forum statistics.
I'll let Lawrence give a more complete answer but... if you want several static ads where the 250x250 square is, then one option would be to have 1 image with all of them in it.

But I believe the answer to your question is - not at this time.

I'll let Lawrence give a more complete answer but... if you want several static ads where the 250x250 square is, then one option would be to have 1 image with all of them in it.

But I believe the answer to your question is - not at this time.

Ouch,

I would have it just a rotating one then as those would all be links. I still want this banner system. If and when it became such that I can stack them I would upgrade to it and stack them up then. On my forum the area under the statistics page will be a bunch of empty space as my forum has quite a few sections. I will eventually want to try and utilize that space as much as possible with banners that have links.

Hey Lawrence!

Could a future version allow us to stack banners where the 250x250 banners are shown on the illustrations above with a static option for those?

Also it would be nice if some of those in that spot could be 125x250

Ok, Where test ad and test ad 2 are on the sides. I don't think I want to use those positions.

All the positions are optional. I do not recommend using them all; they are there only to give Admins some options for displaying sponsor's ads depending on style and layout. I figure on average three ad locations will be used: breadcrumb, sidebar, and after the first post. The footer is best suited for leader board ads, as well as the logo area. The breadcrumbs is best suited for full-sized ads.

Dean's Screen Shots are based on an older version of Xen AMS. The Logo area, and the two Tower-Ad locations now have an option Admins can select that will try to adjust the height of the logo area, and the width's of the Tower spots, based on the size of the banners. It works well on the default style. If you are using a custom style, then those spots would already be set for the size of the banner and you would not turn the Auto-correct option on.

The reason I added this option is because when a 468*60 banner was shown in the logo area, it looked fine, but when a 768*90 banner showed, the breadcrumbs area broke. Now, with either sized banner the layout remains consistent. The same happened for the Tower Ads when the width went from 120px to 160px. Using either one with the default style displays correctly. You can see how those blocks re-size to fit in the two SS's included.

Unless your style is specifically made to display a tower-ad on the left and right at the same time, then only use one of those locations. Using both with the default style will break the right tower location unless your browsers window size is greater than width of the main-container plus 160px * 2.

This is something that will be included, but I doubt it will be in the 1st release. There is an option already in place on how to handle "grouped ads" for each location. The option doesn't do anything right now, but I wanted it in the DB.

Hey Lawrence!

Could a future version allow us to stack banners where the 250x250 banners are shown on the illustrations above with a static option for those?

Also it would be nice if some of those in that spot could be 125x250

You can set max sizes for each location. The set-up you use will depend on your style. See the SS for the current options per location.

logo-leaderboard.webp ;ogo-fullad.webplocation.webp

I'll be releasing the first public version tomorrow or Wednesday; it just depends on my mood for SS's - I really dislike doing those,
rolleyes.png

For those who have this installed: there have been significant changes to the Admin side, as well as the ability to delete banners from the file system, confirmation screens added, and tracking of views and displayed time. There is also an option to make an Ad that is set for a specific Node ID to be made globally or not (defaulted to be global). You will need to uninstall the previous version; this will be the last time you will need to do so.

Top Bottom