Also, if we have something in our dashboard that says "11 months" of support for something that you've deleted, what goes on with that?
Just create a ticket I suppose if you are needing something. Nothing should have changed regarding access to downloads. If something has changed it was unintentional, so happy to fix as you need it to be.

Just create a ticket I suppose if you are needing something. Nothing should have changed regarding access to downloads. If something has changed it was unintentional, so happy to fix as you need it to be.
Yes, the ability to download it still seems active on TH. It's just not on XF's site anymore.

Yes, the ability to download it still seems active on TH. It's just not on XF's site anymore.
Correct, just to streamline future support and such. Keeping our addons private was the best decision we ever made for supporting our clients in a more streamlined way.

I still miss Slack, I despise the ticket system that replaced it. lol
Ha well, our developers may have complained to me about the real-time-y ness of it :p

We actually do use slack for clients who have a retainer with us. It is nice, just can be abused easily. To those who made good use of it, like yourself, it is a shame.

Its worth understanding: When things like what we had to do happen, it has nothing to do mostly with all of YOU who are replying right now and conversing with me, rightfully at least disappointed or upset. YOU are the ones who have to be hurt from this, but the thousands of other cases of abuse are WHY we had to make this move. It is sad, it is unfortunate, I won't deny that. We didn't have a choice if we were going to make progress. We spent so much time thinking about this no matter what we did it wasn't going to be good.

For that reason, as it says in the announcement, if you need anything at all, just message us.

By all means. Ill just say that you can continue using these for as long as you want. If they break because of a new update to XenForo after your license expires or a different addon, we'd encourage you to find someone to fix it. $10-20 for years of support is just not viable no matter how we tried.

Nodes has been stable forever, and so has trending. We are considering releasing some of these for free, and then just charging for the support. Currently the plan is $250ish/quarter for access to ALL our addons and FULL support. One plan, a trimmed down list of addons, its just the only way we can feasibly move forward.

"stable" is irrelevant given your response to Faust. If there's no upgrade path (e.g. for XF2.3, etc) then it's useless.

You probably don't care about us telling you how to run your business but why do it this way with the first we hear of it being addons being deleted? You've not even posted in the addon threads pointing them here and are just leaving it to customers to find out what's going on themselves.

Why not a clear message, providing details of what's happening to each addon, how users can upgrade to the subscription if it'll be supported or at least informing them clearly if it won't be. It really sounds like you don't have a clear plan yet and that's probably the worst thing from a customer perspective.

"stable" is irrelevant given your response to Faust. If there's no upgrade path (e.g. for XF2.3, etc) then it's useless.

You probably don't care about us telling you how to run your business but why do it this way with the first we hear of it being addons being deleted? You've not even posted in the addon threads pointing them here and are just leaving it to customers to find out what's going on themselves.

Why not a clear message, providing details of what's happening to each addon, how users can upgrade to the subscription if it'll be supported or at least informing them clearly if it won't be. It really sounds like you don't have a clear plan yet and that's probably the worst thing from a customer perspective.
I do care. But remember everything is supported here as it was, for current customers. We are removing the ability for people to buy the addons moving forward. There will be an upgrade path for those who continue to support. For the ones we dont we will open source, for the most part at least. I dont know what more you would have me do if I tell you that continuing was not sustainable.

Currently the plan is $250ish/quarter for access to ALL our addons and FULL support. One plan, a trimmed down list of addons, its just the only way we can feasibly move forward.
I truly hate subscriptions and try to avoid them as much as possible.

That being said, I fully understand why you are taking this route - developing and supporting more than a few Add-ons is a nightmare and it is hard to almost impossible to earn money with that.

For me and probably for many (most?) small to medium sized forums the pricing is waay too expensive - we would have to pay like 10.000+ $/year (assuming 250 $/quarter/website) for the forums we are currently using some ThemeHouse Add-ons.

So we will most likely have to stick with the versions we have right now and look for alternatives in the future.

That's kinda sad, but it is like it is.

Good luck anyway :)

I truly hate subscriptions and try to avoid them as much as possible.

That being said, I fully understand why you are taking this route - developing and supporting more than a few Add-ons is a nightmare and it is hard to almost impossible to earn money with that.

For me and probably for many (most?) small to medium sized forums the pricing is waay too expensive - we would have to pay like 10.000+ $/year (assuming 250 $/quarter/website) for the forums we are currently using some ThemeHouse Add-ons.

So we will most likely have to stick with the versions we have right now and look for alternatives in the future.

That's kinda sad, but it is like it is.

Good luck anyway :)
Without directly saying, one of the reasons we have stuck it out so long IS to help out. So if you're in a situation where you need something, my advice would be to reach out to us. We might be able to work something out that is simple. As long as support is limited or paid for, we're open to anything. Heavy support and abuse is the core issue.

We dont think tis right to continue to sell licenses we cannot continue to support. But it doesnt mean the products are going away necessarily, its a bit case by case to be true. I just will not sell them if I dont think its fair or right and we wont be able to offer reasonable support.

I do care. But remember everything is supported here as it was, for current customers. We are removing the ability for people to buy the addons moving forward. There will be an upgrade path for those who continue to support. For the ones we dont we will open source, for the most part at least. I dont know what more you would have me do if I tell you that continuing was not sustainable.

You've done it backwards though.

Having a list of which addons are going to be "premium" and supported, which will be open-sourced and unsupported, etc allows customers to make informed decisions.

You've gone through and mass-deleted addons without even pointing customers to an explanation.

I don't own any [TH] products but I was interested in this. Does it have a future? (It was not working with php 8)

You've done it backwards though.

Having a list of which addons are going to be "premium" and supported, which will be open-sourced and unsupported, etc allows customers to make informed decisions.

You've gone through and mass-deleted addons without even pointing customers to an explanation.
There is a table, we could post it if that helps. Ill get to that.

And I know I keep saying it, but addons are deleted here for support reasons. It doesnt mean they are deleted period. If you have a license you can continue to receive updates and support. in 15 months time, who knows whatll happen with 2.3 and if some of these addons will be obsolete anyways. No way of knowing. We cannot afford to support moving forward forever, it just isnt viable.

And I know I keep saying it, but addons are deleted here for support reasons. It doesnt mean they are deleted period. If you have a license you can continue to receive updates and support. in 15 months time, who knows whatll happen with 2.3 and if some of these addons will be obsolete anyways. No way of knowing. We cannot afford to support moving forward forever, it just isnt viable.
To add: We will be sharing that information but ended up moving things forward a bit sooner than we expected so we could answer some questions sooner, rather than putting them off and providing vague answers and leading to more frustration. There wasn't an ideal solution unfortunately.

I don't own any [TH] products but I was interested in this. Does it have a future? (It was not working with php 8)
He just mentioned it in the post above yours. Still no support for php 8 yet, though

If you made a ticket its logged somewhere and yes is supported.

Also @RobParker or anyone, if you have an addon you need updates for but license expired just create a ticket we can help out. I dont want to formally have a thread open implying you can buy it when you cant. But if you need an update just message.

I've got absolutely no issue with you changing you business model and don't want to confuse issues.

The issue is that, the first your customers have heard of this in many cases is seeing an alert for an addon they've bought notify them that it's been deleted. Then they have to search on here and find this thread. Then read through to find out what's happening. Even with all of that, they still don't know if the addons they care about (e.g. Trending and Nodes in my case) will be open-sourced, supported, etc.

It's just really poor communication. Delete the addons on here and leave a reply in each thread linking to your announcement should have been the bare minimum.

Top Bottom