Are you still using PHP 5.x? Why?

That’s what we like to hear 👍
In 6 days it will be 1 year since you created this thread.

Can we have the latest updated version of the pie chart to see what has changed since then? Maybe a before/after picture? Asking out of curiosity.

In 6 days it will be 1 year since you created this thread.

Can we have the latest updated version of the pie chart to see what has changed since then? Maybe a before/after picture? Asking out of curiosity.

Chris might be able to make something nice to show the decline other than a before and after, but the general gist of it is that php 5.6 now represents <25% of XF2 installs and decreasing by the week and nearly 75% on 7.0 or higher.

We actually aren’t keeping historical data so can’t really demonstrate any trends, unfortunately.

But indeed, PHP 5.6 is now < 25% though a few installs (clearly still running XF 2.0.x) still exist running 5.4/5.5. So, overall, over one quarter of the active installs are still running PHP 5.x. Definitely better, but not where we want it exactly.

That said, work has begun on XF 2.2, of course. So far, we’ve set the minimum version to PHP 7.0. This is definitely subject to change, but clearly we’d recommend upgrading if you haven’t already.

In other news, over 50% of installs are now running XF 2.1.x which is cool 😎

I’m using 7.x I’ll have to look. I am ready to move to my own vps and manage things on my own at this point. My shared host is great but still limited on what I can do.

Current PHP usage is showing that PHP 5.x now accounts for fewer than 25% of installs.

At this moment in time, the plan is to move to a minimum of PHP 7.0 from XF 2.2 onwards.

So if you're still running PHP 5.6, then when you upgrade to XF 2.1.3, you will see a new message. Start planning to upgrade now!

1562668391041.webp

Of course, thinking ahead, the next target is the nearly 30% of customers who are still using PHP 7.0 and PHP 7.1! Come on, PHP 7.2 has been out for nearly 2 years. PHP 7.3 has been out since last December. PHP 7.4 is right around the corner!

Are you still using PHP 7.0/7.1? Why?

Top Bottom