Why are you running an EOL version of PHP?

Why are you still running an EOL version of PHP?

• I don't have access to upgrade PHP myself, and the server owner won't do it for me

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I can't upgrade because other software I use requires an old version of PHP

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • I lack the technical know-how to upgrade PHP

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • I don't consider updating PHP to be particularly important

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I’m running PHP 7.latest and that’s fine for me

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • I’m running PHP 8 🥳

Votes: 89 65.0%

• Total voters
Because the pages won't load on latest recommended level of 8.2
I tried.
Likely an add-on issue. Try disabling all add-ons and recheck. Re-enable the add-ons one-by-one to find the ones that are incompatible with 8.2. Also check your error logs.

Lots of people running 8.2 without issue on XF 2.13 through 2.15.

Likely an add-on issue. Try disabling all add-ons and recheck. Re-enable the add-ons one-by-one to find the ones that are incompatible with 8.2. Also check your error logs.

Lots of people running 8.2 without issue on XF 2.13 through 2.15.
No add ons.
It's mostlikely something my host company has done.
I'll fix it up in the morning

I don't hardly see any difference in performance between 7.4 and 8.3 from these benchmarks:
Real-World tests against software seem to show/say different. There is even significant improvement from 8.1 to 8.3, like 50% boost in req/sec on multiple platforms.

Mad The Simpsons GIF

I updated to 8.2 last weekend along with upgrading XF to 2.2.15. My shared hosting doesn't have 8.3 yet so I'll be sitting there until the next time they do updates (which doesn't matter as long as 8.2 is the recommended version).

I updated to 8.2 last weekend along with upgrading XF to 2.2.15. My shared hosting doesn't have 8.3 yet so I'll be sitting there until the next time they do updates (which doesn't matter as long as 8.2 is the recommended version).
Updated last week. Just had to make sure that everything matches otherwise it chucks a huge wobbly at you and your members.

Is there anything that really needs to be taken into consideration before attempting to update to 8.3? Or is this generally a pretty smooth process?

Is there anything that really needs to be taken into consideration before attempting to update to 8.3? Or is this generally a pretty smooth process?
XenForo 2.2.15 = officially supported from PHP 7.0 up to PHP 8.2.x
XenForo 2.3 (when released) = officially supported from PHP 7.2.5 up to PHP 8.3.x

If you are running any third party add-ons you will have to check with the add-on author.

Top Bottom