• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Announcing Forum Runner - XenForo iPhone/iPad/Android App!

The Forum Runner app has been updated to support "Like" of posts in XenForo forums now. You should be able to update to the latest version of the app - and if the XenForo forum is running the latest version of the add-on you will be able to tap the header of a post you wish to like and choose "Like". You can also "Unlike" and it also will show you the users who like a post.

Let me know if you see any issues.

There was an example notice for advertising Forum Runner install and it was made available for posting on websites. Please provide link to obtaining that notice. thank you

We have been beta testing Forum Runner for the past few weeks and Tapatalk for few days. Here is feedback from one of my users who use a paid Android version for both.
-----------------------------------------------------------
My initial take/comparison:

Forum Runner:
1) LaTex works!
2) Compact/efficient look.
3)
  • When app is reopened, it reverts to the forum runner home screen.
  • Easy to quote and reply.
4) Images work fine, no other attachments can be uploaded/viewed

Taptalk:
1) No LaTex
2) Looks more sophisticated, but my initial reaction is that it is somewhat more difficult to navigate.
3)
  • Indicates (with the old green dot) who is online/offline.
  • Slightly better access to forum's account management (profile, who's online).
  • When app is reopened, it keeps the prior screen.
  • Has "view in browser" button.
4) Images work fine, no other attachments can be uploaded/viewed -- although there is a download button for .pdf's, they do no download.

As of now, the LaTex functionality for Forum Runner trumps the benefits of Tapatalk. And I do kind of like Forum Runner's interface better, but that may be because that is what I have been using for the past 2 weeks.

Hi Clemson,

Sorry if this has been mentioned but it seems to be that I can post messages on my forum without being logged in. If i go to change profile or anything like that I am asked to login, but I can 'quote' a thread and it posts it as myself without me actually being logged in(although i have logged in before and only with the 1 account)

So it seems to be a bug of some sort maybe? I dont allow guests to posts and the quote is posted under my name... little odd

Hope that all made sense lol, im at work 6:30 am :(

Hi Clemson,

Sorry if this has been mentioned but it seems to be that I can post messages on my forum without being logged in. If i go to change profile or anything like that I am asked to login, but I can 'quote' a thread and it posts it as myself without me actually being logged in(although i have logged in before and only with the 1 account)

So it seems to be a bug of some sort maybe? I dont allow guests to posts and the quote is posted under my name... little odd

Hope that all made sense lol, im at work 6:30 am :(

Cannot reproduce.

Are you sure that you're not simply pressing Exit on the app and then closing the app without physically logging out?
The app will keep your session open and therefore when you re-visit the app, you'll still be logged in.

Cannot reproduce.

Are you sure that you're not simply pressing Exit on the app and then closing the app without physically logging out?
The app will keep your session open and therefore when you re-visit the app, you'll still be logged in.
Sure thats probably whats happening. But the program itself thinks I am not logged in so technically it shouldnt do that I guess? I just did it as Im writing this message. I can click on a post... quote it and submit it without being logged in. So then I logged in, could post messages... then I logged out and NOW I cant post messages. Maybe thats the way its supposed to be? Ill be getting FR in the next 8 weeks :) great value.

Is there a setting to display forum description? I have a dozen of forums with names like this"MTH 1234", "MTH 2342", etc and I use the forum description to display what the forum is about.

This works fine on a web browser but in the app, it only display
MTH 1234
MTH 2342
MTH 3432
MTH 3443

This is hard for my members to distinguish between them. It would be nice to have a short string description (truncate is ok) under it

MTH 1234
College Algebra Firs...
MTH 2342
Calculus
MTH 3432
Advanced Math
MTH 3443
High level

I got a report from a couple of my members that some multi-page threads are showing impossible page numbers...

For example: "6 of 4".

I was given this example as well:

Report 1 said:
The what games are you playing thread shows pg 45 of 32

Report 2 said:
If I am on a page of a thread and hit the next page button, it sends me way back in the pages. For instance, I get shown posts from 2007 in some older threads, like member photos.

What could cause this sort of issues? Is it counting posts or something that might have been deleted at one time or another? Trying to isolate how it could be figuring two different calculations...

I'll take a look at the math issues. Likely a simple calculation that is off.

As for the forum descriptions - the original Forum Runner actually had descriptions but it was requested to remove them. I'll make it an option to have it on or off for the Forum Owner. Maybe in the next version. Thanks for the feedback!

As for the forum descriptions - the original Forum Runner actually had descriptions but it was requested to remove them. I'll make it an option to have it on or off for the Forum Owner. Maybe in the next version. Thanks for the feedback!
Is it possible to make it option for App users as well?

Bug:

When clicking on a Private Conversation post, it opens a completely unrelated public forum post.

Steps to replicate:

1. Create a Private Conversation between users.
2. View the conversation thread and open it.
3. Click the actual post message body - (the conversation post) and the app will jump to a publically open forum's post somewhere else.

Any problems with replication, let me know and I'll provide the screenshots - although this one is fairly straightforward to detect.

Plug in v1.0.6 installed with iPhone 3GS running app v1.4.0

Good actually Rob. :)
I just checked forumrunner.net for any updates but nah...
XenForo 1.0.x - Forum Runner 1.0.6 - Released March 23rd, 2011

Two things: Firstly,
Logged into my account and it also showed "online" both mine and a test login account I'd used a few days ago.
Seems like the app is getting both accounts from somewhere, whether they're tied to the same IP I'm not sure.

Lastly,
See screenshots, doesn't seem to be parsing smilies properly.

fr01.webpfr02.webp

In the first picture, :o is being parsed as the oops smiley where the entire smiley text is :oops:.
Second picture, my coffee smiley isn't being parsed at all.

EDIT: Post showed wrong screenshots, now fixed.

Top Bottom