[Andrew] Moderator Panel

[Andrew] Moderator Panel 1.9.4

No permission to download
That could be useful! Right now, most of the signups I get use mailbab, so it's easy to identify them as temp emails and reject them.

One thing that would make life easier is if there were a simple identification of "VPN, temp email" in the approval queue for new accounts. That way I wouldn't have to click on their IP and wait for the new tab to load. I allow VPNs but not temp emails. Most of the spam signups seem to be temp email + VPN.
That wouldn't be hard to do. It's a matter of using the right API. Similar to viewing an IP with this addon, you get different results based on what is in the API. I will need to spend some time to figure out how best to present it without murdering the page.

AndrewSimm updated [Andrew] Moderator Panel with a new update entry:

Version 1.9.0

ADDED: User state to recently registered.
ADDED: Country to recent registration and redid UI on page
ADDED: View ignoring to user file
ADDED: Capability to edit user note silently
ADDED: Edit user note silently permission
ADDED: Default option (checkbox in admin panel) of using IPSearch.io for external IP lookup (I own this site and it contains affiliate links). This can be unchecked to revert to whatever you use today.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AndrewSimm

Either I'm missing a new setting in 1.9 or there is a nasty bug in this.

Since the upgrade, any new members that signup aren't able to access anything at all! It seems to be a permissions cache issue? As if I add them to a group, save, then remove from the same group then they are able to use everything again.

If I disable your add-on, then signups are back to working ok.

@AndrewSimm

Either I'm missing a new setting in 1.9 or there is a nasty bug in this.

Since the upgrade, any new members that signup aren't able to access anything at all! It seems to be a permissions cache issue? As if I add them to a group, save, then remove from the same group then they are able to use everything again.

If I disable your add-on, then signups are back to working ok.

Yep, I've just checked and the same is happening on my site.

From looking at the code, is it because you're missing parent::_postSave() in the extended User:_postSave() entity?

I installed this and added the permissions to a usergroup I was already in. It seemed to do exactly what permissions I would select.

So I created a new usergroup for my more senior staff to use this. Added them and myself to this usergroup and nothing would happen.

Weird. It’s working on both my sites. Are you using one of the APIs for IP?

Trying to understand your config so I can reproduce.

Weird. It’s working on both my sites. Are you using one of the APIs for IP?

Trying to understand your config so I can reproduce.
I didn't change anything settings wise after the update, so unless they are on by default then no.

Is it allowing them to signup and not sending email or does it not register their name?
The whole registration goes through, including the email verification.

But they can't see anything (permission denied) the only way to fix it is to open their profile in the admin cp and just save it again.

The whole registration goes through, including the email verification.

But they can't see anything (permission denied) the only way to fix it is to open their profile in the admin cp and just save it again.
And their user state shows as valid?

Top Bottom