[Andrew] Moderator Panel

[Andrew] Moderator Panel 1.9.4

No permission to download
There is none. Just. Checked
When you go to yourawesomewebsitegoeshere/admin.php?permissions/user-groups/administrative.3/
You'll see "[Andrew] Moderator Panel"

Scroll down till you see the following:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 20.39.23.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 20.39.23.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 6
Found it, but what’s the point, if user can’t see it, as I just did a test. Nothing happened
The user notes are basically only for Moderators and other staff members that you assign with this permission!
So for example, when one of your staff members bans someone, or there's this suspicious situation, you can write it down in those notes and other staff members can check the notes before taking action.

It does require some extra workflow for your staff members, but this all depends on how you want to assign the whole workflow or the usage of this feature! 😄💪🏼

I have the add-on from Xon, it's a great. I guess I am not sure ethically where this aligns. Is it common for other developers to bake in support like this for other add-ons?
It is basically what add-ons do for XF, and frankly this sort of cross-integration is great.

I know I often add explicit support in my various add-ons for 3rd party add-ons, I've yet to have it received poorly.

Since installing this, it appears that the name of the member reporting a post is no longer correctly displayed, just a generic staff pseudo member.
It might be the update to @Xon's Report Improvements. Thanks.
That is a feature of Report Improvements, check permissions in the "Report Centre" section.

The user notes are basically only for Moderators and other staff members that you assign with this permission!
So for example, when one of your staff members bans someone, or there's this suspicious situation, you can write it down in those notes and other staff members can check the notes before taking action.

It does require some extra workflow for your staff members, but this all depends on how you want to assign the whole workflow or the usage of this feature! 😄💪🏼
Correct, the scope of this add-on is moderators and site staff. I can look at making easier to add user notes, such as adding when issuing a warning.

Feature request:

Can you add support for tab "multiple account detection" of this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/signup-abuse-detection-and-blocking.6812/ in the user file plz?

The code is like:

Code:
<xf:if is="$xf.options.svSignupLogsOnProfileTab && $user.hasOption('svMultiAccountLogEvent') && $xf.visitor.canViewMultiAccountReport() && $user.HasMultiAccounts">
    <a href="{{ link('members/multiple-account-list', $user) }}"
       class="tabs-tab"
       id="multipleAccounts"
       role="tab">{{ phrase('sv_multiple_accounts') }}</a>
</xf:if>

and:

Code:
    <xf:if is="$xf.options.svSignupLogsOnProfileTab && $user.hasOption('svMultiAccountLogEvent') && $xf.visitor.canViewMultiAccountReport() && $user.HasMultiAccounts">
    <li data-href="{{ link('members/multiple-account-list', $user) }}" role="tabpanel" aria-labelledby="multipleAccounts">
        <div class="blockMessage">{{ phrase('loading...') }}</div>
    </li>

in andrew_moderatorpanel_user_view
This will be in the next release.

also a suggestion to add to member_view template and remove the moderation tool button:

Code:
                                            <xf:if is="$xf.visitor.is_moderator">
                                                <xf:button href="{{ link('moderatorpanel/user', $user) }}"
                                                    class="button--link">
                                                    View User File
                                                </xf:button>

how it then looks:

View attachment 240545

I think this fits better with the idea of having all the moderator actions within the panel
Where would you put this link on the member card (hover)? I like your idea, just don't know how to make it work across different views

There is none. Just. Checked

You have 2 views of the Moderatorpanel.
One globally, (yourdomain.tld/moderatorpanel/) and one for each user. (https: //.../moderatorpanel/user/UserName.UserID/user-notes) - you can also create notes here.

Only when a note has been written to a user (by a mod or admin) does it appear globally under .../moderatorpanel/user-notes/

Test this ... Hth.

Some sites setup a "moderated" user group which they put users in when they want to approve their post. You would need to setup the user group and then select it in the admin panel to have visibility to this group. In a future release I plan to give moderators the ability to place users in this group.

I think exposing ability for mods to adhoc add and remove users from the moderated user group would be a powerful feature so definitely welcomed.

AndrewSimm updated [Andrew] Moderator Panel with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.0

• ADDED: Ability for moderators to discourage users (edit screen)
  • ADDED: Ability for moderators to add users to moderated (edit screen)
  • ADDED: Permission to discourage users
  • ADDED: Permission to discourage protected users
  • ADDED: Permission to moderate users
  • ADDED: Permission to moderate protected users
  • ADDED: Xon Multiple Account Detection to user files
  • ADDED: View profile button to user file
  • ADDED: Moderator sidebar to add warnings page
  • ADDED: Entered XF...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hitting Delete on /moderatorpanel/user-notes/ should ideally take me back to user-notes and not to the profile who's note I deleted. At least in my opinion.

Top Bottom