[Andrew] Moderator Panel

[Andrew] Moderator Panel 1.9.4

No permission to download
Yeah, another user called that that out as well. I will probably do them a little different than other developers have. My thought is to make them appear more like profile posts than just a notepad.

For sure. Something with some audit controls like a post would be great ie note author, date and time, maybe in future some flags for importance and so forth as well as sorting of notes by date.

Got another idea! How about a dashboard where staff can leave notes?
And while we’re talking about a dashboard.. a customizable dashboard (like in Wordpress) where you can select what you’d like to see on your dashboard.

So this dashboard could have tiles that contain data from the other links in your addon. But then, all in one simple overview.

Personally I’d find it very useful to be able to put some notes on a dashboard that the staff could see right away when visiting the moderator panel.

• Got this error since yesterday.
    • ErrorException: Template error: Method canViewModeratorPanel is not callable on the given object (SV\DailyStatistics\XF\Entity\User)
    • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1161

Stack-Trace​

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canViewM...', '/var/www/html/p...', 1161, Array)
    #1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1161): trigger_error('Method canViewM...', 512)
    #2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s44/public/andrew_moderatorpanel_macros.php(193): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\DailyStatistics\XF\Entity\User), 'canViewModerato...', Array)
    #3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(799): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
    #4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s44/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1967): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('andrew_moderato...', 'andrew_moderato...', Array, Array)
    #5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1609): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
    #6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(562): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
    #7 src/XF/App.php(2105): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
    #8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\App->renderPage('...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
    #9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
    #10 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
    #11 src/XF.php(465): XF\App->run()
    #12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
    #13 {main}

Status der Anfrage​

array(4) {
    ["url"] => string(52) "/forums/threads/selfies-eurer-maedels.34395/page-143"
    ["referrer"] => bool(false)
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(0) {
    }
    }

• ErrorException: Template error: Method canViewModeratorPanel is not callable on the given object (SV\DailyStatistics\XF\Entity\User)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1161

Stack-Trace​

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canViewM...', '/var/www/html/p...', 1161, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1161): trigger_error('Method canViewM...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s44/public/andrew_moderatorpanel_macros.php(193): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\DailyStatistics\XF\Entity\User), 'canViewModerato...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(799): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s44/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1967): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('andrew_moderato...', 'andrew_moderato...', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1609): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(562): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#7 src/XF/App.php(2105): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\App->renderPage('...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(465): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Status der Anfrage​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(52) "/forums/threads/selfies-eurer-maedels.34395/page-143"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
What version are you using? I fixed a similar issue in 1.1.2.

@AndrewSimm I have some development improvement request. Please make under consideration for implementation this functionality.

Please add support in Moderator Panel:
  • Removing user's avatars
  • Removing user's profile banners
  • Edit user's signature
4578945.png

Please can you add functionality Login As User in Moderator Panel or Administrators or who have been granted the 'Login as different user' permission can click on a link on a user's member card to log in as that user.

• Login As User

Please can you add option for Show a list of soft deleted posts and threads and provides option to hard-delete them.

• Soft deleted posts
  • Soft deleted threads

ScreenShot00116.png
Please add functionality Change User Name for Moderator Panel. Moderator may change Members user name?

• Change User Name
Ban members from a forum/node

• Forum ban

@AndrewSimm I have some development improvement request. Please make under consideration for implementation this functionality.

Please add support in Moderator Panel:
  • Removing user's avatars
  • Removing user's profile banners
  • Edit user's signature
View attachment 240293

Please can you add functionality Login As User in Moderator Panel or Administrators or who have been granted the 'Login as different user' permission can click on a link on a user's member card to log in as that user.

• Login As User

Please can you add option for Show a list of soft deleted posts and threads and provides option to hard-delete them.

• Soft deleted posts
  • Soft deleted threads

View attachment 240295
Please add functionality Change User Name for Moderator Panel. Moderator may change Members user name?

• Change User Name
Ban members from a forum/node

• Forum ban
Avatars, profile banners, and signatures are already editable by moderators. This can be accessed by clicking edit on the dropdown of a users card.

I am not a fan of anyone logging in as another user and don't understand what it solves. I certainly wouldn't be ok if a Facebook moderator to logged into my account.

With users being able to request a name change, I am not sure the benefit of this either. The only example I can think of is a user creating a name that violates the rules. I think this would have been an excellent suggestion before Xenforo built this option in.

I think forum ban is a great idea and I will look at implementing this.

I generally agree with thread/post deleting visibility, though extended the moderator log might be the best way to achieve. Regardless, I will look into how best to handle this.

@AndrewSimm
Started using this. It's great.

A couple of small suggestions to improve the experience.

For these pages:
moderatorpanel/recent-registered/
moderatorpanel/most-warned-users/
moderatorpanel/most-reported-users/

Would be highly beneficial to add Ban/Spam shortcut buttons on the table itself for each record as that's a real time saver.

For the user panel:
moderatorpanel/user/

Would be great to surface Postings & About tabs (as that's where a lot of spam lands), basically similar to the default XF user panel.

Agreed. No need to add a bunch of stuff that 95% of moderators are not going to even care about. Think like a simple moderator, not an admin/owner.

To be fair, if you over complicate something people tend not to use it.

If a more complex, indepth solution was required perhaps duplicate the add-on with the extras included and set the permissions for it to Admin status.
Or, if you like making more work for yourself bearing in mind it is a free add-on ;) , have all the extras as options which can be toggled on/off by admin, that way users can pick and choose what to display to their moderators

To be fair, if you over complicate something people tend not to use it.

If a more complex, indepth solution was required perhaps duplicate the add-on with the extras included and set the permissions for it to Admin status.
Or, if you like making more work for yourself bearing in mind it is a free add-on ;) , have all the extras as options which can be toggled on/off by admin, that way users can pick and choose what to display to their moderators
I agree.

When is something actually over complicated?
I think it's important that we have the option to choose what to show and what not.

My previous suggestion to @AndrewSimm is a feature that allows each user to customize the dashboard.
For example; I'd love to see the stats of my forum on the dashboard, but another user doesn't care that much about the stats, he prefers to see the reports instead.

Of course, this is such a great addon (and it's free!!), and we shouldn't overwhelm Andrew with a list of features every day, but in my opinion the complexity of an addon various per user.

Any new page or tab added will have permissions around it so admins can decide what they want to use. Chances are that if I want a recommended feature on my site then I will build it in. Right now I am working on user notes and the moderate user group feature. Next, I plan to take a look at the dashboard and how to make it more customizable.

Still early, and data manually entered into database, but making progress on user notes. Worth noting that I don't plan to integrate user comments or reactions. User notes are planned to work like any note to file system would work at your place of work.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 11.31.16 AM.webp

Still early, and data manually entered into database, but making progress on user notes. Worth noting that I don't plan to integrate user comments or reactions. User notes are planned to work like any note to file system would work at your place of work.

View attachment 240430
Looks Cool! Agree on the likes and comments etc. I don’t really see the point of liking the notes. For commenting I could only come up with requesting additional information but... you could also reach out directly to the one who added that note.

Great job!

View attachment 240430

Looks nice and simple. You should definitely add support for alert/mentions so you can alert other mods, admins etc. of the note. Would also be nice to have some indicator that there's a new unread note but no biggie.

Top Bottom