[Andrew] Moderator Panel

[Andrew] Moderator Panel 1.9.4

No permission to download
I'm seeing this, upon install of 1.9.3. Only 3 times though. I will delete the warnings and see if they occur again?
  • ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewModeratorPanel is not callable on the given object (SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Entity\User)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater [etc]
It only occurs during an upgrade. Not sure how to prevent it but that method is unavailable during the upgrade.

Can you paste the error message?

Did you receive this after installing or after someone registered?

Also, if when registering, when API are you using if any.

This was triggered by an already registered member. I think it was after the upgrade and only occurred once. Not using any API.

Hello! Long time user and first caller.

I have a feature request.

When viewing a user account in the moderator panel, could you also show all the times this user account has tripped the spam triggers? Specifically, what I'm looking for is to have the data in /admin.php?logs/spam-trigger/ in the /moderatorpanel/user/user.1234/ view for any user.

Generally what I need to know from the trigger log is:

• Spam phrase matched
  • ["_POST"]["message_html"] that matched it
  • content type like Content: Thread if available
  • datetime matched
  • action

As a means for scanning through new users and seeing what users are spam account, this would be immensely helpful.

I appreciate this plugin so much! Thanks for building it.

Hello! Long time user and first caller.

I have a feature request.

When viewing a user account in the moderator panel, could you also show all the times this user account has tripped the spam triggers? Specifically, what I'm looking for is to have the data in /admin.php?logs/spam-trigger/ in the /moderatorpanel/user/user.1234/ view for any user.

Generally what I need to know from the trigger log is:

• Spam phrase matched
  • ["_POST"]["message_html"] that matched it
  • content type like Content: Thread if available
  • datetime matched
  • action

As a means for scanning through new users and seeing what users are spam account, this would be immensely helpful.

I appreciate this plugin so much! Thanks for building it.
Are you thinking just another tab under the user?

Are you thinking just another tab under the user?
Pretty much that.

Limit to the most recent 10 entries? If someone has entries here, just knowing a few will tell me pretty quickly if they were trying to post spam and I'll know what to do.

I was about to write a CLI to tie it all together and when I saw the spam_trigger_log table has user_id as a column and it's not buried in the JSON blob...got to thinking about having this right in the Moderator Panel would be super nice.

ADDED: Default option (checkbox in admin panel) of using IPSearch.io for external IP lookup (I own this site and it contains affiliate links). This can be unchecked to revert to whatever you use today.

I was confused when one of my moderators asked me when XF changed their ip lookup.

I don’t think this should have been enabled by default, it should be in opt-in not an opt-out.

With XenForo 2.3.0 in beta I want to remind everyone to wait to upgrade until all of your add-ons have confirmed their compatibility. The latest public version of this add-on will have issues with 2.3.0 as of beta 3.

The good news is I have an updated version (1.10.0) that addresses these issues running on one of my sites (though this site gets no traffic). Once we get past beta then I will share 1.10.0 with some volunteers to validate and then release on here. The only issues I have seen thus far are some template modifications needed to be updated and some some changes in javascript.

The next version won't have any new features. It will only be focused at 2.3.0 compatibility.

I was confused when one of my moderators asked me when XF changed their ip lookup.

I don’t think this should have been enabled by default, it should be in opt-in not an opt-out.
Let me noodle over how I want to address this. I understand how this could be confusing.

Thanks for all the effort on making this 2.3 compat, and in general!

I have no problem using your ip site, if it means you are generating some well deserved income from the activity.

I think if given a prompt that most people would elect to use my site but XF doesn't have prompts on install or upgrades. If left to a option hidden in the admin panel then very few would select that option.

I am going to look for a middle ground. Ozzy shouldn't have to be troubleshooting questions regarding why my site changed the default IP lookup website. I can find a better way though.

My semester ends in a few weeks so I can likely release 1.10.1 a few weeks after 1.10.0. I am done after the fall semester and will be releasing other large add-ons. I am old with kids so difficult to to commit a lot of time to XF while finishing school.

Last edited:
What I did to draw attention to an option is this:

Screenshot (578).webp

In the explanation field for the option I did:
HTML:
<div class="blockMessage blockMessage--success" style="margin: 0 2px; font-weight:bold; color:red; font-size:15px;">Do not leave this option enabled, otherwise users will not be able to register!</div><br />

<div class="blockMessage blockMessage--success" style="margin: 0 2px; font-weight:bold; color:red; font-size:15px;">Test mode will automatically turn off after 5 minutes.</div>

What I did to draw attention to an option is this:

View attachment 301032

In the explanation field for the option I did:
HTML:
<div class="blockMessage blockMessage--success" style="margin: 0 2px; font-weight:bold; color:red; font-size:15px;">Do not leave this option enabled, otherwise users will not be able to register!</div><br />

<div class="blockMessage blockMessage--success" style="margin: 0 2px; font-weight:bold; color:red; font-size:15px;">Test mode will automatically turn off after 5 minutes.</div>

My thought is to create an option that is null and display a message in the moderator panel to admins that would go away once the option was either selected to yes or no in the admin panel. I don't think most admins check the admin panel after upgrades unless they are looking for specific new options to change.

Top Bottom