AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
I see. (sad face)
)))
I have another question. It might be a silly one but I'll ask it anyway. )
Is it a good idea to set a page rule for Cloudflare to cache amp pages?
Something like this:
*/?amp=1
Cache level = cache everything
Edge cache TTL = a day (or better a week?)
Well, you are basically caching those pages for the Google/Bing AMP crawlers, so not sure what good it would be doing :)

And as @arn noted it will make AMP pages slower to reflect new posts.

But yeah if you have many old threads maybe it doesn't matter? 🤔

Personally I wouldn't add a rule like that, but then again I have a beefy server that does my forum + some other sites, so performance is not an issue for me :D

Is anyone having an issue with Chrome users today after updating to 1.3.1

I have some users complaining that when logging in to the forum today using Chrome, they are receiving the following message:

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access this resource

The only change I have made in the last 24 hours is to update this add-on. Just wondering if anyone else has users complaining of this issue?
Hi I had a look at your forum and saw the thread where you guys were investigating it.

The problem was an HTTP 403 error which seemed to originate from the underlying web server and only happened on certain versions of Chrome.

This is definitely not be related to the AMPXF addon :)

1612366798499.webp

Hi I had a look at your forum and saw the thread where you guys were investigating it.

The problem was an HTTP 403 error which seemed to originate from the underlying web server and only happened on certain versions of Chrome.

This is definitely not be related to the AMPXF addon :)

View attachment 245420

This issue has now been resolved. An improperly set up hostname was causing the latest release of Google Chrome to throw 403 errors.

mazzly updated AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 with a new update entry:

1.3.1 Patch Level 2: Fix for style breaking on refresh with specific caching

This one includes a fix where the second load of a page would break the style so it looked like this (if within pageCache time):
View attachment 245553
Instead of the intended:
View attachment 245555
This problem only happened on a few forums, and seems to be related to stricter pageCache rules.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Have any reasonably big sites shared their stats here?

I'm getting 60k clicks a day from google and a bit unsure if this would change much with AMP as most of the sites here that have been open with traffic seem less busy.

Why is the price more expensive for large sites? I intend to buy it but 250 € too expensive :(
  1. Better support
  2. AMPBot works harder
  3. Large sites have more to gain on even a tiny 5% increase in traffic
If you can show me an addon that will grow my forums traffic 5% more, I'll gladly pay 500€ for that, even though my site currently earns around ~120€/month, because the earnings will scale along with the traffic, and after it is "paid off" it is "pure profit", not to mention the extra people coming in will compound your forums growth and content generation, which will bring more people in etc etc.

For example have a peek at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ampxf-amp-for-xenforo-2-paid.189922/post-1495754
- How much would a 21% increase in Ad Revenue be worth for you? I'm fairly confident that if you have 5K+ daily visitors, it would be worth a whole lot! :)

Hmm works fine for me when I tested it,😊
It must be my phone being weird, thanks.

Second question: Should the homepage give you an AMP page or should it only be threads that do? It also seems like if I search for my site in the URL box of my iPhone, I don’t get AMP pages. But if I go to Google first and search for it in that search box, I do get some AMP pages.

It must be my phone being weird, thanks.

Second question: Should the homepage give you an AMP page or should it only be threads that do? It also seems like if I search for my site in the URL box of my iPhone, I don’t get AMP pages. But if I go to Google first and search for it in that search box, I do get some AMP pages.
The search box thing might be incorrect.

But if you search ‘tacoma3g’, those links don’t seem to be AMP. If you search ‘ovtune’ (about 3 results down, you’ll see threads from my site), some of those links do give AMP. Is that the way it should be?

The search box thing might be incorrect.

But if you search ‘tacoma3g’, those links don’t seem to be AMP. If you search ‘ovtune’ (about 3 results down, you’ll see threads from my site), some of those links do give AMP. Is that the way it should be?
Yes that should be correct.
Should the homepage give you an AMP page or should it only be threads that do?
At the moment it is only the threads and some other addons that do AMP.. The main page and/or forum list views are probably coming at a later point. Reason explained here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ampxf-amp-for-xenforo-2-paid.189922/post-1496724
See how the top menu item is cut off by the full site link? Is that an add-on bug or is that an iOS bug?

View attachment 245566
On my phone (Android) and when testing from computer it works fine and doesn't cover. I think I saw some open issue somewhere about this.

If you have the possibility to use Cloudflare (free, doesn't cost anything) as your DNS then you can get rid of that extra white bar by enabling an options they call "AMP Real URL". Also the url will start showing your forum url instead of "google.com".. This overall gives a better impression to your visitors :)

Have any reasonably big sites shared their stats here?
Not that big, but no magic happening over here on a normal site.
Didn't expect a real click improvement anyway, but still happy with the amp support for my site.

Installed AmpXF on Januari 9th:

1612466402506.webp

Reactions: HJW
Not that big, but no magic happening over here on a normal site.
Didn't expect a real click improvement anyway, but still happy with the amp support for my site.

Installed AmpXF on Januari 9th:

View attachment 245584
Hmm could you maybe share the graph with 3 months of data.. That one basically starts from install date (where I actually see an uptick?) so it is really hard to say anything from it 😁

Can anyone check if CloudFlare AMP Real URL option is working in their dashboard or not. I cannot turn it on. Gives me an error. I am not sure if turning it off and on would restart the process though.

Top Bottom