AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Oh yeah that doesn't show anything yet with higher high and slightly lower low :D (edit: oh, I was looking at impressions..)
At least your overall 3 month growth seems to be in check :) đź‘Ť
I was fixing this and that before I installed the add-on, so now I expect it to go up like a rocket to the Moon. )

• Removed advanced option to remove inline styles
ScreenShot00162.png

Then we will get lot of issue? Already manually edited more then 50 thread because font colors size issue.

ScreenShot00163.webp

View attachment 245347

Then we will get lot of issue? Already manually edited more then 50 thread because font colors size issue.

View attachment 245348
  • Shrunk styles a lot
Don't worry.. There should basically come 0 "too large stylesheet" pages now, if there are those that are still broken, those pages are seriously "broken".
- We might readd the option, but it shouldn't really be needed anymore.

• Shrunk styles a lot
Don't worry.. There should basically come 0 "too large stylesheet" pages now, if there are those that are still broken, those pages are seriously "broken".
- We might readd the option, but it shouldn't really be needed anymore.

Excellent! Do you Recommended enabled Include JSON+LD structured data option?

ScreenShot00164.webp

Excellent! Do you Recommended enabled Include JSON+LD structured data option?

View attachment 245349
We haven't really seen any increase in clicks/performance by having it enabled, and the Google Search Console will start showing false-positive (from what we can tell) "page is valid with warning"

So you can enable it if you want..

Note that if you have some other addon installed that inserts bad JSON+LD, the AMP pages won't be valid as it is more strict for those. (On normal pages the "broken metadata" is not a dealbreaker, for AMP it is)

250€ is way pricy. We have a big board and not sure what you mean by visitors per day. Does this include bots or not?

Is anyone having an issue with Chrome users today after updating to 1.3.1

I have some users complaining that when logging in to the forum today using Chrome, they are receiving the following message:

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access this resource

The only change I have made in the last 24 hours is to update this add-on. Just wondering if anyone else has users complaining of this issue?

does landing to amp happens automatically? if so how do members shift to normal view? I have XFMG widget on forum page and since it using js what will happen to it in the amp version of the site?

Google search results are likely to show amp pages (the ones that are indexed by it) on mobile. All links on AMP pages link to regular version of the site. So, amp pages basically work as landing pages. They load fast and they are likely to get highlighted on different Google properties.

That's the whole point of AMP...Google will index your AMP pages and with some good content they will automatically show up in a Google search.
There is an option to switch to a normal page in every AMP page, see the text in the header in my example "Dit is een voor mobiel...".
XFMG should work but if not the developer will support you I'm sure. See my review of the add-on.

Reactions: KSA
250€ is way pricy. We have a big board and not sure what you mean by visitors per day. Does this include bots or not?
It is the amount of daily visitors that you see in google analytics. So open the Audience > Overview and if the graph line is mostly above 5000 visitors the large license is the one to take. If it is just about 5000 line, you need to export CSV data and see what the actual daily average is :D (I'm thinking to build a helper page/tool that will allow uploading that CSV to get the exact daily average for less confusion)

btw, Google Analytics hasn't really shown any bot traffic since a few years ago when they had problems with referral traffic spam.

is there a demo for me to see?
At bottom of https://ampxf.com/faq/i-use-theme-x-for-my-forum-will-it-work-with-ampxf.6 are 2 examples from sites running it.

Is anyone having an issue with Chrome users today after updating to 1.3.1

I have some users complaining that when logging in to the forum today using Chrome, they are receiving the following message:

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access this resource

The only change I have made in the last 24 hours is to update this add-on. Just wondering if anyone else has users complaining of this issue?
If it only happens on Chrome browser it is very likely not related to this addon. The Addon only really modifies its own templates and logic and doesn't touch "the real site" almost at all.

does landing to amp happens automatically? if so how do members shift to normal view? I have XFMG widget on forum page and since it using js what will happen to it in the amp version of the site?
Yes search engined (Google/Bing) and Twitter will send their mobile users to the AMP variant of the page when their robots see that they exist.

XFMG/XFRM support is not implented yet, but we have plans to do that also. Just need to buy a license for them first as I don't have them on my own forum :D
- If the widget is a sidebar widget it is kind of irrelevant anyway as that one doesn't really show on mobile (or yeah, at the very bottom).

(Btw, AMP pages will only ever show to mobile users)

That's the whole point of AMP...Google will index your AMP pages and with some good content they will automatically show up in a Google search.
There is an option to switch to a normal page in every AMP page, see the text in the header in my example "Dit is een voor mobiel...".
XFMG should work but if not the developer will support you I'm sure. See my review of the add-on.
Thank you for that nice review :) :)

Last edited:
mazzly updated AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 with a new update entry:

Interest for a version with XF 2.1 support?

If you're already on XF 2.2 (or planning to upgrade soon): Don't like the update as it is irrelevant for you :)

Guys, I had a slight epiphany moment and think I might have figured out a way that we could support 2.1 alongside 2.2 without too much extra maintenance work (No promises yet though).

Before we start doing that I would want to know how many of you actaully would need a 2.1 version.

If you are still using XF 2.1 and don't plan to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@mazzly So what's the deal with forumview pages? Why don't you amp them as well?
Thanks for the kind words! :)

Threads are main focus for now.
After that Blogs, Articles & Marketplaces from addons like xenaddon/(UBS|AMS|ShowCase)
- XF 2.2 Article threads are already supported btw đź‘Ť

There is a suggestion for "AMP thread nodes" on ampxf.com, but I'm not sure about that one yet (needs extra css, but doesn't really contain any content that helps rank for things)

User profiles: probably not, usually don't have content on them and I've rarely seen that a user-profile would rank for anything in search engines..
Login pages: same, only a simple form

To summarize which pages should be AMP:
Any "page type" that will hold content (preferably minimum 400+ words) is a candidate for AMP, rest not really :) This based on the fact that search engines don't like so called "thin content", and adding AMP for those is therefore "wasted work" :D

TL;DR: Support for those might come later, but definitely not a prio at the moment :)

TL;DR: Support for those might come later, but definitely not a prio at the moment :)
I see. (sad face)
)))
I have another question. It might be a silly one but I'll ask it anyway. )
Is it a good idea to set a page rule for Cloudflare to cache amp pages?
Something like this:
*/?amp=1
Cache level = cache everything
Edge cache TTL = a day (or better a week?)

I see. (sad face)
)))
I have another question. It might be a silly one but I'll ask it anyway. )
Is it a good idea to set a page rule for Cloudflare to cache amp pages?
Something like this:
*/?amp=1
Cache level = cache everything
Edge cache TTL = a day (or better a week?)
New replies won’t be reflected on amp pages if you do that.

Top Bottom