1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Alerts Not Working at all

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Cambion, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Cambion

Cambion Well-Known Member

I was just wondering did anyone have any thoughts on what could be happening? I'm using my members as guinea pigs for the beta and what not and it appears everything went well with the upgrade except the fact that no one is able to receive alerts.

I am running 1.2 Beta 5 currently and My members only got the Alerts from the ones that existed previously before we upgraded(when we were running 1.1.5). They didn't get any of my tags when I tagged them in a thread to announce we were running the Beta.

Is it possible that this could be a Skin issue? I ask because the Skin I currently use is Drift Dark which was last updated for Xenforo 1.1.3 so it is outdated. Or is it something else?

I also did a clean install on a private test forum(I'm the only one with access) and I install the Beta forum as well as I installed a Xenforo 1.2 Beta 1 skin and I can confirm that even on the new forum I am still not getting alerts properly. I used the blackend skin to test it out.

As of now it only appears to be the fact we can't tag one another at all as nobody gets alerts when we tag one another. But quoting is fine as we get alerts for that.

Edit: Also, Could it be something conflicting with usergroup permissions? I do have like 10-15 different usergroups for people based on their post count. In the existing default membergroup everyone is allowed to use the tagging feature...Do i need to go into the other usergroups to also enable this permission?
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If it's just tagging, you should use the permission analysis tools to determine if the users making the posts can actually tag people in them - the user group permission limits the sending of alerts (it doesn't prevent them from posting or for the names from being linked).
    Cambion likes this.
  3. Cambion

Thanks Mike, Not sure exactly what was going on.
    Somehow it seems to be working now so I'll just chock it up to some kind of random weirdness.

All seems well now!
  4. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

Ive got this issue and ive not got a tagging mod, the alerts show, but when you hover over the alerts tab, it just shows the loading icon. Same goes with the conversations tab.. any fix?

Version 1.2 rc2.

Ill update to stable release and get back to you.
  5. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

Ok, ive updated to 1.2 stable and its not fixed my issue :( any fix?
  6. Cambion

yeah be sure to update to the stable version because i don't think they offer support for the beta/rc versions of 1.2

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the issue or cause was. It wasn't until after I posted this thread and mike responded that it randomly started working properly for me.

I hope you figure out though.
  7. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

i just updated and the issue still persists. :(
  8. Cambion

Have you tried to open a support ticket?
  9. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

I think it might be the skin im using, it works on another skin. hmm.
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

11. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

thanks but that is irrelevant to me lol. its a skin issue i think. and i dont have that many addons installed that are active
  12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It is not irrelevant.
    it specifically mentions styles and templates and what action you need to take.

Still, feel free to ignore all of the advice in that guide.
  13. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

I didnt mean it like that lol. I only saw addons in that post, ill check it out, thanks Brogan.