XF 1.2 Alerts Not Working at all

Cambion

I was just wondering did anyone have any thoughts on what could be happening? I'm using my members as guinea pigs for the beta and what not and it appears everything went well with the upgrade except the fact that no one is able to receive alerts.

I am running 1.2 Beta 5 currently and My members only got the Alerts from the ones that existed previously before we upgraded(when we were running 1.1.5). They didn't get any of my tags when I tagged them in a thread to announce we were running the Beta.

Is it possible that this could be a Skin issue? I ask because the Skin I currently use is Drift Dark which was last updated for Xenforo 1.1.3 so it is outdated. Or is it something else?

I also did a clean install on a private test forum(I'm the only one with access) and I install the Beta forum as well as I installed a Xenforo 1.2 Beta 1 skin and I can confirm that even on the new forum I am still not getting alerts properly. I used the blackend skin to test it out.

As of now it only appears to be the fact we can't tag one another at all as nobody gets alerts when we tag one another. But quoting is fine as we get alerts for that.

Edit: Also, Could it be something conflicting with usergroup permissions? I do have like 10-15 different usergroups for people based on their post count. In the existing default membergroup everyone is allowed to use the tagging feature...Do i need to go into the other usergroups to also enable this permission?

Last edited:
If it's just tagging, you should use the permission analysis tools to determine if the users making the posts can actually tag people in them - the user group permission limits the sending of alerts (it doesn't prevent them from posting or for the names from being linked).

If it's just tagging, you should use the permission analysis tools to determine if the users making the posts can actually tag people in them - the user group permission limits the sending of alerts (it doesn't prevent them from posting or for the names from being linked).

Thanks Mike, Not sure exactly what was going on.
Somehow it seems to be working now so I'll just chock it up to some kind of random weirdness.

All seems well now!
Thanks

Ive got this issue and ive not got a tagging mod, the alerts show, but when you hover over the alerts tab, it just shows the loading icon. Same goes with the conversations tab.. any fix?

Version 1.2 rc2.

Ill update to stable release and get back to you.

Ive got this issue and ive not got a tagging mod, the alerts show, but when you hover over the alerts tab, it just shows the loading icon. Same goes with the conversations tab.. any fix?

Version 1.2 rc2.

Ill update to stable release and get back to you.
yeah be sure to update to the stable version because i don't think they offer support for the beta/rc versions of 1.2

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the issue or cause was. It wasn't until after I posted this thread and mike responded that it randomly started working properly for me.

I hope you figure out though.

It is not irrelevant.
it specifically mentions styles and templates and what action you need to take.

Still, feel free to ignore all of the advice in that guide.

Top Bottom