XF 2.2 Not receiving alerts on a single watched node

Fullmental

I have no idea why this is happening, but on our forum I have it set up so that any reported content goes to a dedicated reports thread in a staff only node. As far as we can tell, the entire staff receives these notifications, except me. When a new thread is made, the alert shows up in the xf_user_alert database table for other staff user ids but not mine, and as a result I never receive the alert in the forum, nor do I get the email or push notifications I requested, and it does not appear in my alert history. It's as if the watch notification for my account simply doesn't exist. I get alerts for other watched nodes just fine, too, and for other things like mentions or quotes. It's very specifically this one node and one user where the alerts don't work, and the symptoms are very recent with no changes or updates to the site or server that could have caused the problem to trigger that we're aware of. I've tried unwatching and rewatching the node as well to no avail. There are no server errors in the log to indicate a failed attempt to alert me either.

What options exist to check/rebuild alerts or at least start to trace the problem? We've also received a few random reports from other users saying that they don't receive mention notifications in certain threads they started as well. At this point we don't know if the two are related, but we've yet to find any way to reliably trace these issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I was able to force the alerts to resume by manually adding an entry into the xf_forum_watch table for my id and the node id. Received all three alert types. Now the question is why is this table not storing my preference when I watch the node?

Edit 2: another staff member mentioned they were not receiving alert emails only, but they were getting forum alerts. When they tried updating their alert preferences for the watched node to include emails, the database does not update with their preference. Again, manually adjusting the flags on their database entry fixed the problem. So the alert system itself works, but something, somewhere seems to be blocking certain changes to watched threads, for certain users, some of the time, with no error or other indication of any problem updating the database whatsoever...Why?

Last edited:
Third party add-ons would be the first place to check.

It's not something I've ever heard of before.

Rebuilding some of the caches in the ACP tools menu may also help.

Third party add-ons would be the first place to check.

It's not something I've ever heard of before.

Rebuilding some of the caches in the ACP tools menu may also help.
Thank you for the info.

Do you have any suggestions for specific caches to rebuild? Are there any CLI specific cache rebuild tools that may also be helpful?

Top Bottom