Advanced Reputation System [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome, all we need now is the rep power you have to be based on the amounts of reputation points.

You mean to display an image instead of the number? You can do it with a template conditional. I have set it that the positive reps will appear wrapped up in green and the negative in red. You can replace it with images instead.

I think he means this :

Each user will have their own reputation level, based on the number of good and bad ratings and personal reputations they've received. Your reputation level determines how much your rep is worth when giving it to other members (it makes sense as a person who has higher rep should be able to give rep at a higher value and vice versa).

Your reputation level equals your reputation points value (that you give to others). For example, if you have a reputation level of 4, the amount of reputation points given to another member will be 4.

Those with a reputation level of 0 or less will have no reputation power to give to others.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble after installing this add-on, it causes notifications from this add-on (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/notifications.870/) to display incorrectly. The notifications are showing for users that don't meet the proper requirements to even view the notifications. It works just fine when I disable this add-on.

That is strange as my mod is affecting another area than that mod from reading at its description. Anyway, mods are made to work in a vanilla version of the forum so to speak and not to be compatible with other third party mods. That being said, can you try to uninstall that mod, install my mod and then re-install that other mod again?

That is strange as my mod is affecting another area than that mod from reading at its description. Anyway, mods are made to work in a vanilla version of the forum so to speak and not to be compatible with other third party mods. That being said, can you try to uninstall that mod, install my mod and then re-install that other mod again?

I've reinstalled the mod, in both orders and the problem still exist.

i love this reputation system but wished it worked like IP board where its a simple +/- on the right side of the post and then the rep level of that individual post is displayed(image 1), then when you click it a pop up appears with all the people who repped it and by how much(image 2)

c00f8018f77ae954e29fba32cde7302f.png

12f0e0efb697a312f09cb2c4ca7d1cce.png

if this addon had dual functionality of vBulletin and IPB it would be one of the best addons for XenForo

I think he means this :

Each user will have their own reputation level, based on the number of good and bad ratings and personal reputations they've received. Your reputation level determines how much your rep is worth when giving it to other members (it makes sense as a person who has higher rep should be able to give rep at a higher value and vice versa).

Your reputation level equals your reputation points value (that you give to others). For example, if you have a reputation level of 4, the amount of reputation points given to another member will be 4.

Those with a reputation level of 0 or less will have no reputation power to give to others.

Exactly!

Can you make an option so reputation is public? I think another member already suggested the option to view others' reputation tab on their profiles. That would be an excellent feature as it gives transparency to the reputation system.

Can you make an option so reputation is public? I think another member already suggested the option to view others' reputation tab on their profiles. That would be an excellent feature as it gives transparency to the reputation system.

Hi,

Do you mean to make viewing of the reputation tab in profiles group based?

Hi,

If by working on it you mean adding new features/options then the answer is no. Due to my very busy schedule this mod is feature frozen. Meaning no new features/options will be added.

But the mod is fully supported btw.

Oh i see.. =/
Let us know when you add more features, like the reputation power! :D

I recently installed Advanced Reputation and since then I've received reports of users not receiving an alert when their messages are quoted. When I disable the reputation addon, quote notifications work perfectly fine, however when they are enabled, member's will only receive an alert that shows their watched thread has been replied to, NOT that their message was quoted. I asked the developer of the addon if he could look into it and he told me that his addon does not "touch the quote area" and that it must be another addon causing the problem. I then disabled every single addon except the reputation one and the problem continued to happen.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other addons that perhaps could be causing this problem or if its even possible for an addon to cause a problem like this when its been disabled.

Here are the addons that I have in case anyone is familiar with them
jbmwU8updin0tz.png

inIBlZqCJwAe7.png

i3SgYQLHLbBUB.png

The other odd thing about this problem is that it doesn't seem to effect all accounts. My personal username doesn't receive quote alerts but some test accounts that I have still get them. Unfortunately I'm not much of a coder and still learning the Xenforo framework so I'm kind of lost here. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Are you sure this isn't as simple as the Alert Preferences for your account being wrong?

Unfortunately if the issue only occurs with that one add-on enabled, and with that add-on disabled it all functions correctly, then it can only be an issue with that add-on.

There is no such thing as a "quote area". It's much more general than that. There's an alerts system and there's an alerts opt out system. That add-on extends both of those, according to the add-on description, so it is possible for ANY add-on that does similar to potentially cause issues with other alerts and other logic pertaining to the opt out of alerts.

I don't own a copy of that add-on myself or I'd take a look at the code for you.

A few things to check:

1) For an affected user, run this query:

Code:
SELECT * FROM xf_user_alert_optout WHERE user_id = ?

2) Again for an affected user, after an alert should be generated, run this query:
Code:
SELECT * FROM xf_user_alert WHERE alerted_user_id = ? ORDER BY event_date DESC
Where ? is the user_id for the affected user.

3) it may also be useful to perform the above query again once something in the Reputation System triggers an alert to go to an affected user.

That might give us some info as to what might be causing the issue.

Are you sure this isn't as simple as the Alert Preferences for your account being wrong?

Unfortunately if the issue only occurs with that one add-on enabled, and with that add-on disabled it all functions correctly, then it can only be an issue with that add-on.

There is no such thing as a "quote area". It's much more general than that. There's an alerts system and there's an alerts opt out system. That add-on extends both of those, according to the add-on description, so it is possible for ANY add-on that does similar to potentially cause issues with other alerts and other logic pertaining to the opt out of alerts.

I don't own a copy of that add-on myself or I'd take a look at the code for you.

A few things to check:

1) For an affected user, run this query:

Code:
SELECT * FROM xf_user_alert_optout WHERE user_id = ?

2) Again for an affected user, after an alert should be generated, run this query:
Code:
SELECT * FROM xf_user_alert WHERE alerted_user_id = ? ORDER BY event_date DESC
Where ? is the user_id for the affected user.

3) it may also be useful to perform the above query again once something in the Reputation System triggers an alert to go to an affected user.

That might give us some info as to what might be causing the issue.

Thanks for the help and all you do for this community.

I wish it was as simple as an alert preference. I double checked that and even turned it off and on a few times to make sure.

Perhaps @borbole would allow you to take a look at the code. I don't think anyone here would be worried about you stealing something that you're obviously capable of writing yourself.

The first query returned no results.

The second query I ran after quoting myself with a test account quite a few times.
j87plh3haZbUm.png

This is the result immediately after I gave some reputation to myself with the same test account.
j3OMLlE1o8Tt8.png

In those queries, nothing particularly jumps out as being out of the ordinary.

So the quoted post alerts were not received. Do the reputation alerts come through?

In those queries, nothing particularly jumps out as being out of the ordinary.

So the quoted post alerts were not received. Do the reputation alerts come through?

I receive an alert that there's been a reply to the thread because its being watched, but not an alert about my post being quoted. I could disable the reputation addon right now and quote myself with the same test account in the same thread and the alert for being quoted will work just fine.

The reputation alerts come through normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom