Advanced Reputation System [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before, I can not fix something which I can not reproduce it. And without having a deep look at the mod in your installation it is impossible for me to figure it out why that error is occurring for certain users at your forum. And the fact that this is happening only in your forum seem to indicate that the issue does not lie with my mod but another factor in your forum/server. Otherwise it would have happened to other users who bought and use this mod. Like I told you before, if you want me to have a look at it I would need ftp access to your server to check the issue directly there. Otherwise there is nothing that I can do.

You asked me to add an extra option for you and I told you my price for it. 10 euros for adding the option that you wanted was more than fair imo. I don''t see how this can cause concerns in buying other mods from me. Maybe you are used that others do free work for you but where I come from it does not work that way. Someone wants me to do work for them then I expect to be paid for my time and expertise.

Regarding the support, it is a matter of opinion. In your case you wanted me to fix something that I can not reproduce. And without any ftp info to check the mod files in your installation. When I figure how to read minds then I will get back to you to fix the issues you are having that I can not reproduce and in places that I don''t have access to lol.

But if you don''t want to purchase any of my other mods, then fine, don''t. And to be frank, I don''t care either.

I would spend a good amount of time responding to this but the fact of the matter is the bug has been reproduced as you can clearly see in the video above as well as the coding explanations. I don't see why you continue to insist that it only occurs on my forum, that its caused by other mods and that I'm required to set up test forums on my own and give you access to my FTP to solve a problem caused by your code.

I'm not complaining about the 10 euros, it was a feature I wanted so I paid for it. However when I pay for your mod as well as the added option, and another developer who has no vested financial interest is able to reproduce the problem, diagnose the cause and provide a solution within 30 minutes of looking into the issue, it makes me question either your level of interest in providing support or your skill level. I've had experiences with two developers in this situation, one charged me money for two lines of code and insisted that a proven bug was my problem, while the other volunteered his time and showed genuine concern about trying to resolve a documented problem. This is why I would without question purchase an addon from @Chris Deeming and have to think twice about doing it again with you. I'm sorry if this offends you, I have respect for all devs as you all do things I can't but I thought the XF community should be aware of how this has transpired.

I don't see why you continue to insist that it only occurs on my forum, that its caused by other mods and that I'm required to set up test forums on my own and give you access to my FTP to solve a problem caused by your code.

If you don'''t see why then I can''t help you. Like I said above, how am I supposed to fix something that I can not reproduce. I asked for ftp access so I could check the issue directly at your server where the issue is occurring. And if the problem is occurring only to you and to no one else, what does it tell you? But when I develop telepathic/psychic powers then I will have a look at it lol.

This is why I would without question purchase an addon from @Chris Deeming and have to think twice about doing it again with you. I'm sorry if this offends you.

It does not offend me at all. You are free to do as you please.

Last edited:
If you don'''t see why then I can''t help you. Like I said above, how am I supposed to fix something that I can not reproduce. I asked for ftp access so I could check the issue directly at your server where the issue is occurring. And if the problem is occurring only to you and to no one else, what does it tell you? But when I develop telepathic/psychic powers then I will have a look at it lol.

It does not offend me at all. I couldn''t care less from whom you purchase mods or not.

I am unable to watch threads on your "support forum"

At the top right corner of the thread that I have previously watched, it says "Unwatch Thread"

When I click on the watched thread list, its empty.

When I click this link http://www.forumservices.eu/index.php?watched/threads/all I get this message
"You are not watching any threads."

But obviously its not happening on any other forums.

Clearly its only mine and I need to set up a test forum to prove this to myself since your 100% that your addon works fine.

Maybe you still need my personal FTP access to figure out whats going on at your own support forum.

Perhaps you have another mod on your support forum installed thats causing this besides the reputation. Please let me know which mod it is so I can uninstall it from my forum.

Its unfortunate this bug can't be reproduced anywhere, I guess me and only me will be stuck with a bug on my forum.

And if the problem is occurring only to you and to no one else, what does it tell you? But when I develop telepathic/psychic powers then I will have a look at it lol.

x3gqUGl.png

Hopefully if you ever do figure out the problem you post your reply and solution here on Xenforo.com because for some strange reason I can't watch your official support forum or thread for this addon and I just might not receive a quote alert.

At the top right corner of the thread that I have previously watched, it says "Unwatch Thread"

When I click this link http://www.forumservices.eu/index.php?watched/threads/all I get this message

Clearly its only mine and I need to set up a test forum to prove this to myself since your 100% that your addon works fine.

Maybe you still need my personal FTP access to figure out whats going on at your own support forum.

Perhaps you have another mod on your support forum installed thats causing this besides the reputation. Please let me know which mod it is so I can uninstall it from my forum.

Its unfortunate this bug can't be reproduced anywhere, I guess me and only me will be stuck with a bug on my forum.

x3gqUGl.png

Hopefully if you ever do figure out the problem you post your reply and solution here on Xenforo.com because for some strange reason I can't watch your official support forum or thread for this addon and I just might not receive a quote alert.

Would you mind to pm your password at my forum so I can log in as you and check it out?

I just tested it with a test account and I did not have any issue. The account has username and password test in case other users would like to check it too.

Attachments

• alert1.webp
    alert1.webp
    1.2 KB · Views: 19
  • alert2.webp
    alert2.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 18
  • watch forum.webp
    watch forum.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 18
  • watch threads.webp
    watch threads.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 19

x3gqUGl.png

I just logged in as you at my forum and everything you claimed is not true. I don''t know why you lied but that tells me a lot about you. Here are some screenshots of your account at my forum showing all the watched threads and forums and the receive of the alert normally without any problem.

Attachments

• alert.webp
    alert.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 20
  • alert2.webp
    alert2.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 22
  • watch forums.webp
    watch forums.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 21
  • watch thread.webp
    watch thread.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
I just logged in as you at my forum and everything you claimed is not true. I don''t know why you lied but that tells me a lot about you. Here are some screenshots of your account at my forum showing all the watched threads and forums and the receive of the alert normally without any problem.

You're unbelievable lol. Now I am able to see my watched threads on your site. Earlier this was not the case. Then there was a flurry of activity on your site with you performing tests with different accounts and all of a sudden my watched threads is back to normal and I'm a liar. There is literally no reason for me to lie about it. If the bug didn't exist then it wouldn't be possible to display it in the video made by @Chris Deeming. I have nothing to gain by making something like this up. You on the other hand with your nickel and diming practices and crappy code certainly have something to gain by accusing me of lying about something as mundane as this. I will most certainly be creating that test forum you've been begging me to make so I can again demonstrate the bug generated by your mod and invite anyone from here who wishes to see it first hand. Then we can see who the liar is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(Watch fullscreen and 720p)

You're unbelievable lol. Now I am able to see my watched threads on your site. Earlier this was not the case. Then there was a flurry of activity on your site with you performing tests with different accounts and all of a sudden my watched threads is back to normal and I'm a liar. There is literally no reason for me to lie about it. If the bug didn't exist then it wouldn't be possible to display it in the video made by @Chris Deeming. I have nothing to gain by making something like this up. You on the other hand with your nickel and diming practices and crappy code certainly have something to gain by accusing me of lying about something as mundane as this. I will most certainly be creating that test forum you've been begging me to make so I can again demonstrate the bug generated by your mod and invite anyone from here who wishes to see it first hand. Then we can see who the liar is.

I simply created a test account so anyone that wanted to test it for themselves could do so then I used the log in as user mod to log in as you and check it out. And surprise surprise, everything was ok. Now who is the liar.

Everything you say from this point on means nothing to me. You can post all the videos or involve any so called "expert" person that you want, your lie told me enough.

And I didn''t beg you to create a test forum btw. I simply asked you but from now on everything you say it means nothing to me like I already said above.

The test user account is posted above so anyone can log in at my forum and test this out for themselves. That speaks volumes in itself.

Last edited:
Just to clarify.

Despite the fact I have proved that there is a bug in your add-on, you're still denying it, and in turn now calling one of your customers a liar?

You have proved nothing at all. All the proof is at my own forum. Anyone can log in with the test account I posted above and test it out. That is all the proof needed. And wtf are you to but in like this? If I remember correctly when another user posted here about the issues that they were having with you you were crying like a *****. So back off. This has nothing to do with you. I don''t believe your arrogance. Go and pay some attention to Laura better rather than interfering here.

And yes, I call someone who lies a liar. Teflon don lied about the mod not working at my forum and I proved him wrong. What do you call such a person, a customer or not?

This was my last post to you as you are on my ignore list now. And btw, because some users kiss your ass here, don''t think that you are that good a coder. You are nothing, a wanna be.

Let's leave the personal attacks out of this. Any further attacks and insults to any user will result in warnings.

Borbole, check your database at your forum.

Specifically:

Code:
SELECT * FROM xf_thread_watch WHERE user_id = 37

Because that should show you that I am watching forum 49 and 51.

Here:

upload_2013-10-31_20-31-2.webp

upload_2013-10-31_20-31-29.webp

Yet...

upload_2013-10-31_20-32-4.webp
It's worth noting: The issue is prevalent on the All Watched Threads list. Not the Unread Watched Threads list.

I'm not going to throw insults around. I said some stuff in the heat of the moment earlier which I subsequently deleted myself. I just want you to know, there is a bug, and your customers deserve to have it fixed.

I'm not on a witch hunt here. All I've tried to do is help someone who posted on a forum, I took an interest, and decided to help them out. Your reaction to this has been rather frustrating so I do apologise for my tone if that was uncalled for at any time.

But the fact remains, there is an issue. I'm done now. The issue is out there. What you do with it from here is up to you. I'm past caring.

It works for me i don't have no problems
I can receive alerts from when someone quotes my threads or posts in a forum that i am watching

Unfortunately @Kelvin it doesn't work fine at your board.

As you can see, the member Decaf is watching this thread

ibyRbSlBd4nS6B.png

Yet when Decaf checks his Watched Threads, it tells him he's not watching any threads!! Poor Decaf, he might miss some exciting comments in threads he is trying to watch.

iblzauulgrcpf6.png

You are welcome to log into my account "Decaf" and see for yourself. That goes for anyone who is interested, just PM me and I will give you the login info.

I just registered at Kelvin 's forum and to me they show just fine.

Attachments

• watched threads.webp
    watched threads.webp
    42 KB · Views: 23
Borbole, check your database at your forum.

Specifically:

Code:
SELECT * FROM xf_thread_watch WHERE user_id = 37

Because that should show you that I am watching forum 49 and 51.

Here:

View attachment 60321

View attachment 60322

Yet...

View attachment 60323
It's worth noting: The issue is prevalent on the All Watched Threads list. Not the Unread Watched Threads list.

I'm not going to throw insults around. I said some stuff in the heat of the moment earlier which I subsequently deleted myself. I just want you to know, there is a bug, and your customers deserve to have it fixed.

I'm not on a witch hunt here. All I've tried to do is help someone who posted on a forum, I took an interest, and decided to help them out. Your reaction to this has been rather frustrating so I do apologise for my tone if that was uncalled for at any time.

But the fact remains, there is an issue. I'm done now. The issue is out there. What you do with it from here is up to you. I'm past caring.

Hi Chris,

I said also some things in the heat of moment which I regret. And I do apologize as well for my tone.

This is for sure a strange issue. I just used the log in as user mod to log in as you at my forum and the watched threads appeared ok to me. I will run some more thorough tests and then upgrade the mod to fix any bug(s) found as soon as I find some free time.

Would you please mind to re-log in again just to give it another try?

Attachments

• watch thread.webp
    watch thread.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
borbole, could this "bug" also be the cause of some threads not appearing in what's new when I was using this mod? It's sound very similar to what was happening on my end and you couldn't reproduce.

hope you get this sorted out, even though I no longer use this mod.

Good luck!

borbole, could this "bug" also be the cause of some threads not appearing in what's new when I was using this mod? It's sound very similar to what was happening on my end and you couldn't reproduce.

Good luck!

A fix will be provided soon along with several new options/features added.

Good luck!

I haven't tested it with your particular problem but doing the following fixed my watched threads and quote notification problems

Open /borbole/Reputation/Listener/Listener.php
find
Code:
public static function model($class, array &$extend)
    {
        if ($class == 'XenForo_Model_Thread')
        {
            $extend[] = 'Borbole_Reputation_Model_Thread';
        }

and replace with

Code:
public static function model($class, array &$extend)
    {
        //if ($class == 'XenForo_Model_Thread')
        //{
        //    $extend[] = 'Borbole_Reputation_Model_Thread';
        //}

This will disable the minimum rep to enter a forum feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom