Ads Manager by Siropu

Ads Manager by Siropu [Paid] 1.26.9

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Still confusing to me but my understanding is its not able to target banners using ID as mentioned
In the position list when creating an ad, you can see that there are positions that have the following mention after their name: "(Can be used with "Item ID" option)". Item ID is designed to work with those positions.
For example, by selecting position "After Post x Container (Can be used with "Item ID" option)" under "Thread Post" position category, with Item ID set to 1, will display an ad below the first post in a thread. If you set Item ID to 5, it will display below the 5th post. If you set Item ID to 1,5,10 will display the ad below 1st, 5th and 10th post.

By selecting position "Search results after x result (Can be used with "Item ID" option)" with Item ID set to 1 and "Keyword Is" in position criteria set to "cat", will display the ad below the first result on search results page, if the keyword "cat" is present in the search query.

By selecting position "After Forum Category x (Can be used with "Item ID" option)" with Item ID set to a valid category ID, will display the ad after that category in forum list.

I hope this clears the confusion on how Item ID works.

Creates too much bloat and confusion for clients and duplicating banners.
Could you please give an example?

Please find a way to target banner ads through keywords on pages and titles.
I hope you realize that this add-on can't work like adsense.

Thank you for this explanation, it helped me understand how a container and ID works better however, I'm trying to avoid placing banners in posts as I find them bothersome and invasive. Banners above and below content are what I also use. Is there any way to target those positions better with banners?

Could you add that keyword ad be also without link and with tooltip and some kind of text decoration?

So we have option for keyword ad to be classic linked word OR underlined/dashed/double underlined/etc word with tooltip (when user put mouse pointer, tooltip will be show)

What do you mean by target better? Based on what criteria?
I don't place "banners" inside threads or posts so your suggestions and current banner design does not work for me.
I prefer "banners" positioned "Above Content and Below Content". Thats it.

I would like more options to trigger banners in these two positions.

I want a banner package to expose all banners globally including the option to target specific categories, forums or threads based on keywords of a title or content.

Example, A client sells headphones. He wants his banner to "expose globally with all other banners equally" but also wants that same banner to have priority when it is on a page with the word headphones. How can I do that Above and Below Content?

Thanks!

Is there is a chance to have option "[Nobita] Social Groups / Page is NOT Withing Group Categories"?
Option "[Nobita] Social Groups / Page is Withing Group Categories":
1.webp

What you you mean by "breaking keywords"? Could you please give an example?
Create a keyword and see if the keyword will link if it ends with a period. Example: Good Books. Books will not link.

and,
(this is not a big deal however) example: "Ron's Book" will not link. If I create a Keyword phase with an apostrophe, it will not link past the '.

What going on ? When happen the update?
That doesn't mean that I'll implement it right away. I don't have an ETA yet.

Create a keyword and see if the keyword will link if it ends with a period. Example: Good Books. Books will not link.
With a period, it will not link if after the period there is a word or a character without a space. Example: Good Books.blabla
The reason it will not link in this case is because it can be a domain name.

I will look into the apostrophe issue.

The reason it will not link in this case is because it can be a domain name.
This explains why I thought you had a related bug/ inconsistent links working and broken. :confused:

Could it be... if a post has an outside link, the outside link effects the keyword limit as well?

There appears to be is a conflict between this character which has had me wasting hours trying to understand your add-on and keywords not firing.
Your Ad system is really cool but pretty confusing at times.

The period/domain issue is not favorable, I would like this improved. Thanks for any considerations, keep up the great work. :)

Last edited:
Quick question - i know the ad manager can work with pages outside XF, but i'm not sure how it works -- how do we embed ads generated by the ad manager on non-XF parts of our site (wordpress, etc...)

thanks!

In ad/package list in admin panel, each ad/package has the option in their options menu.

ah-ha, got it, thanks for the quick reply! Sorry for being so dense :)

I have one more question, and one request :

The question -- how do you get an ad to show only on the 'new posts' page (ie, the page that comes up after you click on 'new posts' -- /find-new/[number]/posts? I can't figure it out.

I'd like to make a feature request if I could -- the ability to export the ad statistics as a .csv file. If we have the capability to do this, it would allow us to make our reports much better. Or if that's too hard to implement quickly, perhaps you could just share the proper sql query that we could use to extract the stats ourselves?

Thanks!

Use one of the global positions (Above/Below Content. Above/Below Breadcrumbs) with page criteria Content Template is: find_new_posts

Use one of the global positions (Above/Below Content. Above/Below Breadcrumbs) with page criteria Content Template is: find_new_posts
worked perfectly, thanks!

I just noticed in my logs too we're getting this error --
ErrorException: Undefined index: hide_after - library/Siropu/AdsManager/Helper/General.php:1563
ErrorException: Undefined index: display_after - library/Siropu/AdsManager/Helper/General.php:1562

any idea how to fix it?

thanks for a great product!

Top Bottom