Ads Manager by Siropu

Ads Manager by Siropu [Paid] 1.26.9

No permission to buy (€49.99)
When trying to check out using subscriptions my advertisers get this in paypal.

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription

Tried with 1 month and 3 month recurring payments. Can anyone explain this to me? :)

@Eagle, compressing the file saves around 1 kb which is not significant. The JS files are cached by the browser after the first visit and if speed is your concern, it shouldn't be a problem.
@Nutz, Is the ad linked to a package? How was the invoice generated?

Yes, the ad is linked to a package. I have the package inactive at this time if that makes a difference, that has not stopped my advertisers from extending without the subscription button though.
The invoice was generated from the advertisers side through the extend button at 3 months. When using the subscription button it gave the error at paypal. They then used that same invoice to extend without the subscription and it worked fine.

I tested the same scenario but using 1 month subscriptions and received the same issue.

I can't reproduce that. I've tried different scenarios and I don't see any problems. Try re-uploading the add-on files and make sure everything is overwritten.

I reuploaded both my test board and live board. It's still not working.

Now I get this off the keyword ads when clicking extend

The following error occurred:
Missing argument 2 for Siropu_AdsManager_Helper_General::checkKeywordUniqueness(), called in /home/forumsav/public_html/forums/xftest/library/Siropu/AdsManager/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 461 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Siropu/AdsManager/Helper/General.php at line 1279
  2. Siropu_AdsManager_Helper_General::checkKeywordUniqueness() in Siropu/AdsManager/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line461
  3. Siropu_AdsManager_ControllerPublic_Index->actionAdsExtend() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forumsav/public_html/forums/xftest/index.php at line 13

I've managed to reproduce the subscription error by creating an ad from the ACP and then extending it, generating an invoice. Did you did the same?
As for the extend error for keyword ads, it's a bug and will be fixed soon.

All my ads are created from the ACP and then I change ownership. The advertisers extend and generate their own invoices after that.

The ad that first had the error was, created in the ACP, changed owner, extended by the advertiser for three months, extended again by the advertiser for three months but tried to do the subscription.

I don't remember in which update, but I've made a change in change owner tool and If those ads were changed before the change, that could be the problem.

The next update should fix the problem.

So if it were a newer ad it should work?

I can test that to be sure, I'm using ads for testing that have been loaded for a few months. Subscriptions should still work on my test board, right?

Yup, the newer ads work. :)

Another thing that may be causing the issue is I never go through the approval process.

I load the ads from the ACP, manually put them on approved, change owner, and then create an invoice. That's probably a bit backwards. ????

Ads Manager automates this process, why are you creating the ads yourself and complicating things?

Because I am actually creating the ads. All our ads are animated and are loaded into our server. When a new store wants to advertise I create the ad for them and charge a setup fee. I then load the ads into our server and add them in the ACP.

If you were creating these animated ads for the advertisers, would you still load them differently?

Yes, and I wish they were gifs. :LOL: If they were gifs I could hand the file over to them. The gifs were poor quality so my ads are HTML5. :D

If the ad is a custom code ad, or it is a banner ad with custom code, you can just let advertisers create the ads and in the guidelines of the package give some info about how the process works. Then you would only change the code, approve the ad and let the Add-on do its job.

The add on does it's job and more once I load the ads, we love your program!

So this subscription issue will be fixed in the next release with the way I'm doing it?

No hurry.

Top Bottom