Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
@Siropu
i try to unistall.
Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'xenforo.xf_siropu_ads_manager_ad' doesn't exist in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1392
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch() in src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Setup.php at line 874
Siropu\AdsManager\Setup->uninstallStep1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php at line 61
Siropu\AdsManager\Setup->uninstallStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php at line 28
Siropu\AdsManager\Setup->uninstall() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 657
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUninstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2353
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Have you removed the tables from the db before running the uninstall? I don't see other reason to get that error.

Strange. I don't know what happened on your board but the table vanished before the uninstall could finish. Looking at the error log, line 874 is in unistallStep1 where master templates used by some ads are being removed and only on uninstallStep2 the tables are removed.

I just did a test uninstall and no issues.

Strange. I don't know what happened on your board but the table vanished before the uninstall could finish. Looking at the error log, line 874 is in unistallStep1 where master templates used by some ads are being removed and only on uninstallStep2 the tables are removed.

I just did a test uninstall and no issues.
Hi, I was able to understand what happened.
The user writing to the database did not have ALTER permissions.
I'm still sorry if I wasted your time.

Is there an option to exclude specific nodes/forums from displaying an ad?
Yes. There is a global setting to determine which nodes/forums are prohibited from displaying ads.

1663472321192.webp

There are other granular options that you can set per package/per ad for where you want to display it. But these global settings above are in the main settings page AdminCP > Options > Ads Manager [General]

Hi,

So I want to make a modification to the present layout of our ads. It was displaying only one (1) "Sidebar Top" ad on the main forum page. I increased this to four (4). Very simple.

Here. https://vi-control.net/community/

But I see the Sidebar Bottom ads are still present, and therefore breaking the page. So we want to remove the Sidebar Bottom ads slot altogether.

However deleting the Sidebar Bottom ads "position" didn't remove the sidebar bottom ads, which are part of a Sidebar Bottom "package." So what do I do now?

Do the Sidebar Bottom ads have to be converted to Sidebar Top ads before we delete the Sidebar Bottom "package?"

I want to be careful because these slots are presently being used by advertizers. I just want to move them up to Sidebar Top. I'm getting a bit confused... :(

Thanks!

You can edit each ad that you want to move and simply change the package.

We need to assign one of the package to two different positions. If we use CTRL and assign a second position, it will display the package (3 ads on that package).

How could we create the ad, and THEN assign them individually to two positions?

What is the install process?
Like any other add-on.
ACP > Add-ons > Install/upgrade from archive
Once installed, set the user group permissions and change the admin settings according to your needs.

How could we create the ad, and THEN assign them individually to two positions?
You can do that if the ad is not inheriting package settings.

Like any other add-on.
ACP > Add-ons > Install/upgrade from archive
Once installed, set the user group permissions and change the admin settings according to your needs.

You can do that if the ad is not inheriting package settings.

OK, GREAT!!

So I have 13 banners to assign to two positions. But after 10 banners, the extra 3 are showing as if they were not assigned to two positions.

So should I exclude these from the package empty slot count?

The top ads are supposed to only display one (1) at a time. But are showing three (3).

d2ce6604a9af22ab999e12c489b81dc2.webp

The new position (Sidebar middle) is supposed to display three (3) and that's correctly displaying three.

251b7db593efd06870d0593751c82c55.webp

THANKS!

So you want to use the same ads in two different packages? That won't be possible. You can have them in both positions but package ads are grouped by package for each position.

So you want to use the same ads in two different packages? That won't be possible. You can have them in both positions but package ads are grouped by package for each position.
EDIT: Oh, maybe I got it wrong. I wanted to use one package but display the package in two positions.

1 Package: Sidebar middle.

Positions:
1- Sidebar top
2- Sidebar middle (below Latest posts widget)

However, the top position should only show one (1) ad, and the middle position should show 3 ads.

I'm not thinking this right, am I?

When I uncheck "Inherit package settings," and if I hold down the CTRL key when I pick a position, I can choose two positions. Should this translate in showing the ad in two places?

Another way (more complicated) would be to CLONE an ad and assign it to a different position. However, when I choose CLONE, it;s not cloning the banner, and it's not cloning the target URL. So that becomeds a lot of work. Is there a way you could make the CLONE function clone exactly everything, including the banner image and the target URL?

EDIT: OK, I think I understand what's happening. When I choose TWO positions, all the banners will display according to the PACKAGE they are part of. The package "Sidebar middle" is set to display 3 ads. So both the positions selected will display 3 ads.

So back to the CLONE option: can you do something about this?

Otherwise there is no way to assign one ad to two packages, is there?

Last edited:
When I uncheck "Inherit package settings," and if I hold down the CTRL key when I pick a position, I can choose two positions. Should this translate in showing the ad in two places?
Yes, but since you are using a package, you can set those positions to the package directly and have those ads display in both positions without changing anything in the ads.

Yes, but since you are using a package, you can set those positions to the package directly and have those ads display in both positions without changing anything in the ads.
Yes, however the Sidebar middle package is set to display 3 ads, but I just want the top position (Sidebar top) to display only one (1), then it's not working for me this way. So close!

The option to control how many ads are displayed per position is in the package so you would need two packages in this case and have the ads duplicated.

The option to control how many ads are displayed per position is in the package so you would need two packages in this case and have the ads duplicated.

Exactly.

So when you say "duplicated" you mean "clone?" If so, see above. ▲ The clone function does not clone the banner and URL. So it's a lot of extra work to do it all manually for 13 ads, or having to do the whole work twice the first time.

Is it possible to adjust the Clone function so that it clones the ad entirely?

Ideally, it should also duplicate:
  • Ad name (we can assign a suffix if need to be different from the original)
  • Banner file
  • Target URL
Thanks ! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom