Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
@I. C. Daniel, I'm sorry, I don't plan to turn this into an ad server.

You can try adding a description to that page (template: whats_new) by using the description tag: <xf:description>description here</xf:description>
Having some extra text content could help.

Thanks I will try that. I also notice the page is robots="noindex". maybe that has some impact?

Do you AdSense on the main "What's new" page? Not the "New posts" page... It is not noidex.
There are 3 distinct templates for "What's new": whats_new, whats_new_posts, whats_new_profile_posts

I have Adsense on all pages/templates that are not prevented via the Ads manager (default) options.

I don't have the issue with What's New, I see ads there. It's just the New posts page where I see the blank space. (I don't have profile posts so there is no new profile posts)

Last edited:
To see if it is noindex related, you can remove this part:

Code:
<xf:if is="{$pageSelected} != 'overview'">
    <xf:head option="metaNoindex"><meta name="robots" content="noindex" /></xf:head>
</xf:if>

From whats_new_wrapper template.

Yes, I'm aware that is what makes it noindex and have removed that. Presumably though it is no index for a SEO reason. Also may take some time for it to become indexed.

I'm aware that there is no reason that Adsense shouldn't show on noindex pages, albeit the ads would not be relevant.

The issue could be because the URL changes with every request and it is linked to the user session. If you copy the URL and paste it an another browser, you will get a new URL. That's the reason it is noindex.

The issue could be because the URL changes with every request and it is linked to the user session. If you copy the URL and paste it an another browser, you will get a new URL. That's the reason it is noindex.

Ok so basically it may be best to not server Google ads on that page.

Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your server, overwriting existing files. There are 4 directories, each corresponding to the ones on the server.

Make sure your FTP client is set to merge folders not overwrite folders (NB: obviously files get replaced, but folders need to retain any existing files that are not in the upgrade, for example there may be some banner images in the data folder.

I'm getting a strange sort of issue with the ACP options and another addon.

The other addon is https://xenforo.com/community/resources/rss-feed.5702/

What happens is that when I go the options for RSS feed, it shows the RSS options however the tabs from Ads manager options show at the top.

safariscreensnapz006-png.180902

How do dynamic positions work? I want to display an ad below x thread item and below x post. I've noticed that this is set by the Data-Position parameter, where can I edit that?

Top Bottom