Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Possibly a stupid question / comment and I intend no offense:

You still have to get approved for AdSense by Google and set up an account on their site - https://www.google.com/adsense/start/ - this
addon doesn't do that for you.

If you were recently approved, it may take a few days before ads start appearing in these COVID-19 days. AdSense has its own crawler and it needs to crawl your site in order to best match your content. I have found that AutoAds will start appearing more quickly so if you haven't already done so you can turn on AutoAds for your account - you cab go back and turn off that switch later if you prefer.

@Siropu

Got this when trying to uncheck the Enable placeholder option on an ad package. The box unchecked but the placeholder ad is still on the ad list (not sure if it's supposed to be removed when that's unchecked).

1588434896915.png

popup.webp

Sorry to bother you guys with a question like this, but I have not been able to do inline css fix to get rid of all the white space in a Pop Up add.

Any help would be appreciated.

When I try to create a promo thread ad on a forum with required custom fields, it displays an error not allowing me to create the ad:

1588635675938.webp

Got this when trying to uncheck the Enable placeholder option on an ad package.
Very strange because I cannot reproduce it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Use text-align: center; in the inline style ad setting.

When I try to create a promo thread ad on a forum with required custom fields
It is expected if custom fields are required. You can enable custom fields for promo threads.

Is it possible for advertisers to pay using BTC when purchasing ads through this system? Or is it Paypal?

Any live examples? I know there maybe one but I don't want to go through 86 pages to find one..

Thanks

The payment system works with the XF's payment profiles and providers.
For demo, please send me a PM.

Reactions: Maa
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Are you aware if this modification will work with nano's Coinbase mod (which can be selected as the default payment provider on XF)

Thanks.

I can't seem to find a solution to this in order to make 'user field criteria' work. As there's no "default" option on a new field, all my users aren't entered into the table, so I can't use an option for them.

Is it possible to add "no selection" to a user field criteria along with the other options?

Essentially, I have an opt-in field for members to see ads. It's "See ads? Yes/No". However, if I select Yes from the settings, every member wouldn't see ads because they would be counted as "no" as it's not in the table as a yes or no (there's no entry).

I see this problematic in many ways with this add on if a "no selection" option isn't added.

Thank you :)

My add-on does not touch on how custom fields work.
You could add a custom user field with "Hide ads" instead.

My add-on does not touch on how custom fields work.
You could add a custom user field with "Hide ads" instead.
That's what I did with radios of yes/no. However, there's no default value when adding ones. As it's required, new members have to pick but old members will have "no selection" chosen as they never picked. This leaves old members as nothing... Or no (limbo basically). I need to insert a row to force yes or the add on has to recognize "no selection" being a valid user criteria.

So I'm suggesting that "no selection" (not in the table) be an option too.
  • No selection
  • Option 1
  • Option 2

You have to set the option to "Field is required" in order to get rid of the "No selection".

Here's a small script that you can run to insert the showAds field value for every user that hasn't checked any value.
PHP:
if (\XF::visitor()->is_admin)
{
    $users = \XF::finder('XF:User')
        ->isValidUser()
        ->fetch()
        ->filter(function(\XF\Entity\User $user)
        {
            return (empty($user->Profile->custom_fields->showAds));
        });

foreach ($users as $user)
    {
        $user->Profile->custom_fields->showAds = 'yes';
        $user->Profile->save();
    }
}
You can place this in a XF controller and run it once.

• Love
Reactions: frm
Thanks for the script. This will help in the future for user field criteria that is required, as XF doesn't natively (yet) support a default value for older members. New members have the choice on membership, but old won't, as to why I suggested supporting "no selection" as an option above the added options, ie. apply to "Yes" and "no selection" (no entry). Otherwise, one will have to run this script every time a new required field is made until XF adds a default choice and inserts those records on creation of a custom field.

If I go to one page from another, all the ads reload again (even when the same ads not rotating) . Is there a way that they can remain without reloading?

Have tested on default style and same thing.

Thanks

They are supposed to load on every page load so I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by "reloading".

They are supposed to load on every page load so I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by "reloading".

I understand that when an ad is rotating, it has to load on page load, but if it is a single ad not rotating I thought it should not appear to load all over again.

For example the first screenrecording shows the ad using the stock xenforo advertising. (The oval shaped ad in the header on the right).
You can see that the page change does not affect the ad or the header:

View media item 3094
Second video shows the same ad using Ads Manager , same ad same location. You can see the ad reloads (and causes the header to reduce and then resize)

View media item 3093

I understand that when an ad is rotating, it has to load on page load, but if it is a single ad not rotating I thought it should not appear to load all over again.

Sites would lose a lot of money then as most advertisements are sold based on impressions. Each page reload equals an ad impression.

You can see the ad reloads (and causes the header to reduce and then resize)

Just add a height and width settings into your ad code, then it will load the correct size without a resize after.

Top Bottom