Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
I have no idea. I've seen AdSense ads acting strange many times. Have you tried setting a max-height value in the ad inline settings?

Still the same problem with max-height: 40px; as an example.

I'm running Google ads, maybe they changed something? This is the custom HTML ad I am using:
Code:
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
data-ad-slot="0000000000"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

That adsense has a fixed width and height so it doesn't make any sense to display like that on mobile. Try using a responsive unit instead.

I'm sorry, I need to be more specific. I tested on mobile and with 728px the ad size seems to be the same.

I have one entry for both mobile and desktop. Would I need to create 2 entries, one for desktop with 728px and one for mobile with (say) 480px?

PS. With the inline max width CSS the alignment doesn't work anymore. I had set it to Center but it's left aligned.

Last edited:
max-width:728px means no more than 728px but in can be anything in between. On mobile it will take the full width of the screen. You do not want that? If you want a smaller ad on mobile, you can use some css media queries in extra.less

CSS:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveNarrow)
{
     .samCodeUnit
     {
          max-width: 320px;
     }
}
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveMedium)
{
     .samCodeUnit
     {
          max-width: 480px;
     }
}
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveWide)
{
     .samCodeUnit
     {
          max-width: 728px;
     }
}

For anyone who has the problem that responsive ads are too big (especially on mobile devices), I fixed it by using this custom Adsense code:
Code:
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
style="display:inline-block;min-width:320px;max-width:970px;width:100%;height:90px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxx"
data-ad-slot="xxxxxxxx"></ins>
<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<script>(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});</script>

So essentially it uses a minimum width of 320px, a maximum width of 970px and a fixed height of 90px.
You could experiment with different sizes or height but this works for me.

For anyone who has the problem that responsive ads are too big (especially on mobile devices), I fixed it by using this custom Adsense code:
Code:
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
style="display:inline-block;min-width:320px;max-width:970px;width:100%;height:90px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxx"
data-ad-slot="xxxxxxxx"></ins>
<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<script>(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});</script>

So essentially it uses a minimum width of 320px, a maximum width of 970px and a fixed height of 90px.
You could experiment with different sizes or height but this works for me.

Hi @Siropu,

Would it be possible to randomize the name/path of your JS as it's called so adblockers can't bock your detection script? I noticed in brave that it's blocking it all.

Has anyone implemented something similar to a "Sticky Thread" in the thread list view, but instead of an actual thread, it simply links out to the sponsor site?

I was picturing a native-looking unit that sat at the top of the list of threads in a specific forum, but linked out to a sponsor.

Would it be possible to randomize the name/path of your JS as it's called so adblockers can't bock your detection script?
The detection script it is in the page, not in a file (if you are using an updated version). There is a JS file used as a honeypot and it is supposed to be blocked.

I was picturing a native-looking unit that sat at the top of the list of threads in a specific forum, but linked out to a sponsor.
I will add that in the next release. ;)

The detection script it is in the page, not in a file (if you are using an updated version). There is a JS file used as a honeypot and it is supposed to be blocked.

Thanks - I got it working. That said, it won't let me dismiss the notice even though it's set up that way. Any ideas? I'm using UI.X:

1587671677445.webp

1587671688474.webp

I will add that in the next release. ;)

Ah... nice! for what it's worth, I mocked up this in playing around with how it might look

Even just getting default hooks in those locations would be nice. I was otherwise gonna do an HTML tag and place my own hooks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.20.47 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.20.47 PM.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.25.50 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.25.50 PM.webp
    98.9 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom