Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
siropu I just upgraded my board from 2.1.12 to 2.2.12
I was running Ads Manager 2.3.28, it had to be disable because of errors after the new install

My question is can I upgrade straight to the latest version of Ads Manager 2.4.17
Can I upgrade with one click upgrade function to the latest version.
Will I maintain all of my old ad positions?

Thanks

Part II

siropu I just spoke with my sysadmin and one click upgrade function will not be available to me right now. (through the admin panel)

Can I do a manual upgrade (ftp)? Can it be done and still maintain my old ad positions

Thanks - Veston

Nothing is lost when you upgrade. What errors did you get?
You are correct, the person that did my board upgrade said there were errors and he disabled the plugin.
I tried to enable the plugin it didn't work, I did a rebuild, then enabled again and it work with no problem.

My initial question is can I upgrade from 2.3.28 to 2.4.17
Can I do it manually via FTP

Thanks Siropu :)

Hello

Why is there no "Extend" option for the promo thread?
How to fix it? I changed the owner of the promo thread...

1681725651898.webp

Hello and thank you for this package Siropu.

I was wondering if there's an option to disable an ad to show if being shown in another position already.
We have two ads we want to display in 2 different positions and rotate between each other with the carousel function, but sometimes both carousels will show the same ad at the same time and I was taking a look at the settings and I can't figure out how to set it up so carousels don't look exactly the same and they start on different ads per position.

Thanks a lot!
Zentral.

If the entire HTML page is cached, it will cache the ads as well and criteria will not work anymore.
I believe I'm running into problems with this.

I have two banner ads setup: one for desktop and one for mobile.

It looks like the page caching is grabbing whichever one was loaded previously and displaying it, so if the page was loaded in mobile first, then the mobile ad will show up for subsequent pageloads... and then the inverse: If a page is loaded on desktop, then the desktop ad will show up regardless of the device. Hopefully that makes sense?

Is there any way around this? How do I serve / target the same location with either mobile or desktop ads for when it's appropriate for the device... without disabling caching?

Ok, some more testing related to ad caching / cache:

It seems the targeting I've done for mobile / desktop is working fine for those logged-in. I'm guessing caching is limited or non-existent in this case?

When I view in incognito mode, whatever page I view on one device (mobile/desktop) the ad is then cached and shows up on the other device.

I wish there was a cache-busting setting in the addon, or some other way to burst the cache in the ad code or in the position, etc.

Please advise on how to disable sending emails to advertisers about the end of their advertisement? They are complaining about receiving a large number of notification emails from the forum about the end of their advertisement.

Please advise on how to disable sending emails to advertisers about the end of their advertisement? They are complaining about receiving a large number of notification emails from the forum about the end of their advertisement.
This has been reported before as well as other issues and suggestions but it's been quite a while since an update has been made available. This is a paid add-on of which I own 5 licenses for so I expect some effort in return.

I had Ads Manager Lite 1.1.13 installed, and then installed the full-version.

Can I safely use the "Delete files" option on lite without impacting anything with the full version?

was wondering if there's an option to disable an ad to show if being shown in another position already.
If you are using two or more positions at the same time and want to display it only in one position, you can enable the "Randomize display" option.

I wish there was a cache-busting setting in the addon, or some other way to burst the cache in the ad code or in the position, etc.
Since the caching is for the entire page, I don't think there is. I can try something with JavaScript but don't know how well would that work. We'll see.

They are receiving more than 1 email for the same notification? The code can only send 1 for the "about to expire" and 1 for "has expired". Advertisers have the option to disable them from the ad settings.

I expect some effort in return.
There have been 72 updates so far, I have sure put in the effort. No critical bugs so haven't release a new version yet but will start working on it soon.

Can I safely use the "Delete files" option on lite without impacting anything with the full version?
You can delete files since add-ons use different directories.

They are receiving more than 1 email for the same notification? The code can only send 1 for the "about to expire" and 1 for "has expired". Advertisers have the option to disable them from the ad settings.
Hi

1683715410876.webp

- these options are not functioning. I turn them off, press save, but nothing happens. After refreshing the page, the options remain enabled.

The forum sends a huge amount of emails every day. Advertisers complain that they receive about 1000 messages per day.

Top Bottom