Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Depending on the ad, you cannot prevent ads from being blocked. If they are simple banner ad uploads in Ads Manager, you can try changing the css classes in the admin options and the script name and location. If you are using images over CDN, make sure that they do not have any ad related name in their path.

Advertisers are complaining that they received 50 messages in 10 hours, about the expiration of the promo thread.
How to turn it off?
Advertisers can edit the ad and uncheck notification settings. Strange issue, will look into it.

If I do this, will I be able to migrate my ad units?
You can import ads from full version. Make sure you export them before you unistall.

Please explain how Promo and Sticky thread packages work.
Promo threads are created when the ad is approved and invoice paid. It behaves like a normal thread after creation. The sticky thread is a thread that already exists that will become sticky once approved and invoice paid. Nothing else.

Do we need to manually update somewhere?
You have to keep it up to date by downloading it from maxmind and upload it to your server.

Sorry for the late response, have missed some posts for some reason.

You have to keep it up to date by downloading it from maxmind and upload it to your server.
I'm not aware of this being pointed out anywhere and I'd expect each update of the add-on it would have the latest. For whatever reason these errors started with your last update so something must be corrupt with it, for you to determine.

I'm not aware of this being pointed out anywhere and I'd expect each update of the add-on it would have the latest. For whatever reason these errors started with your last update so something must be corrupt with it, for you to determine.
This what is in the Ads Manager:
1678579788058.png
We are not having any issues with GeoIP settings and we update the DB on our own. (The download link goes here: https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geolite2-free-geolocation-data)

Hello, this has certainly been asked before: I have both banners and third party code that I want to display both randomly on an ad position one after the other. Is this possible?

Can I show or not show ads on a specific page of a specific thread?
Have you thought about this property?

I mean "thread id + page id". For example:

Thread ID and Page ID is NOT: "142629+153, 142629+1"
or
Thread ID and Page ID is NOT: "142629(153), 142629(1)"

- this page and first page of this thread.

I have threads with 100 pages.
I receive a complaint from Google for one page.
I disable the banner for all pages of thread, because I can not disable ads on one page of this thread. 🙄

p.s. Sorry for my English

Last edited:
If I want to sell ads, I need a "proper" invoice with some information:
  • Date -> system
  • Company -> customer
  • Name and first name of the advertiser -> customer
  • Address (street, house number, city, country, mail address) -> customer
  • customer number -> system
  • Invoice number -> system
  • items purchased-> system
  • tax VAT-> admim
  • amount with and without VAT -> system

Would it be possible to enter this data in another tab by the customer and also list it in the invoice tab? And it should ideally not be possible to place an ad without submitting this data. Maybe an export function would be great

For legal reasons, this is necessary, at least in Germany. Unfortunately, I don't get any data from the payment service provider either, and asking for it is of course possible but tedious.

Of course, it would be great if the programme could generate a correct invoice and send it automatically ...

Interesting fact on the side: In Germany, I think one is obliged to keep such data for 10 years in case of an audit by the tax office ...

I need a "proper" invoice with some information:
There is a feature in invoices where you can upload a proper invoice.
As a registered business, you probably need a service that generates invoices and can export them or email them to clients.

There is a feature in invoices where you can upload a proper invoice.
I've seen that

you probably need a service that generates invoices and can export them or email them to clients.
Maybe, but I've no data and have always to ask the customer to send me the data. It would be much simpler and actually customary for the customer to provide his or her data WHEN placing the order and not just an e-mail address. Maybe you can give us another tab in the ad creation where you have to enter your data. Getting this afterwards is, as I said, a bit tedious and probably not quite legally correct.

Last edited:
There is an "Options" tab when creating an ad with a "Notes" input. You could use that to collect advertiser details, with a few changes like the filed name and description. Also, by adding "required" to the field, the ad cannot be submitted unless the field is filled.

okay, maybe as a workaround. But to be honest, that you give your data is absolutely normal with every online order. It would be much more professional and is only usual to collect this data whithin the order process.

Also, by adding "required" to the field, the ad cannot be submitted unless the field is filled.
How can I do this?

How can I do this?
In Public template siropu_ads_manager_ad_edit find:

<xf:textarearow name="notes" value="{$extra.notes}" label="{{ phrase('siropu_ads_manager_notes') }}" explain="{{ phrase('siropu_ads_manager_notes_explain') }}" />

Replace with:
<xf:textarearow name="notes" value="{$extra.notes}" label="{{ phrase('siropu_ads_manager_notes') }}" explain="{{ phrase('siropu_ads_manager_notes_explain') }}" required="required" />

I found a conflict with the regular Xenforo behavior. When you post a regular thread in a forum where "Moderate new threads posted in this forum" is turned on, the thread will be visible to the thread owner but not to the public until it is approved by an admin.

However, when you create a promo thread in a forum where "Moderate new threads posted in this forum" is turned on, the thread owner cannot see their own thread after creation and payment (only mods can), and it appears as though the thread does not exist to them. But if the thread was created using the regular Xenforo method, it shows fine in the node that it's waiting for approval.

I would prefer it if the promo thread owner could create their thread, pay for it straight away (without going through the ads manager approval process), and then see how it looks within the node. After that, moderators can approve it using the Xenforo default system. Could you make this possible, please? I hope this is understandable. I've also included pictures to illustrate my point."

3.webp2.webp1.webp

But if the thread was created using the regular Xenforo method, it shows fine in the node that it's waiting for approval.
Actually, that's not really true. The thread owner can see their thread for the duration of their login session, but once they come back, the thread owner can no longer see their thread that is awaiting approval. I had this addon made to combat this change in xf 2.x (a regression from 1.5.x). We prefer that all pending threads/posts are visible to the OP/Owner prior to being approved by management.

Actually, that's not really true. The thread owner can see their thread for the duration of their login session, but once they come back, the thread owner can no longer see their thread that is awaiting approval. I had this addon made to combat this change in xf 2.x (a regression from 1.5.x). We prefer that all pending threads/posts are visible to the OP/Owner prior to being approved by management.

I understand that thank you, and I've also tried that addon previously, unfortunately can not help because if I create a promo thread with the ads manager and the "moderate new threads" option is on in the node, I cannot see my "awaiting approval thread" even for a second. The ads manager approval system is good for ads but not really for promo threads. That's why I would prefer to use the regular xenforo system and skip the ads manager one with promo threads.

I'm not sure what emails go out to advertisers once their ad is active but marketing is important to retain their business. I suggest:
  • An email X days prior, maybe 3, that their ad is expiring. Renew now to prevent...and maybe we can offer an early renewal discount as an option?
  • Email that the ad is expired, guessing this is implemented
  • An email X days after the ad is expired and not renewed to try to remind them and retain their business

Top Bottom