Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Bummer to see content blockers blocking even the ads manager part of the site (on iPhone). I tried setting up a route to change "ads-manager" to Advertising, some work, some don't.

As I'm nearing completion of my implementation to paid advertising I have a few suggestions:
  1. Advertiser home page message: would be nice to be able to use HTML in this message
  2. Simpler way to change the URL for the ads-manager instead of having to use a route
  3. Option to list packages on the ads-manager page so they don't have to click the packages button as some may not be smart enough to figure out how to view them.
  4. Maximum ads allowed: option to enter 0 for unlimited
  5. Automatically generate a PDF or page that shows the locations ads will show. Instead of me having to include a picture, the system knows the positions and should be able to generate an info view of the positions associated to each package.
Still learning but that's it for now.

Please explain "Ad display limit: The maximum number of ads to display at the same time." if I choose other than 1? Will it stack the ads horizontally or vertically - I assume?

Any idea why I have no ads showing on both the Policies and Terms pages?

Edit: Never mind - found the exclusion list

I'd like the option to NOT show empty slots to potential advertisers. I don't want them to see others are NOT buying slots and therefore they won't. I'd simply like to display a message to a buyer "this slot is not available at this time, please email ... for more information." and then I can open more slots if needed, etc. Showing slot info can be a negative.

Sort packages in admin by display order, not alphabetical, so I can see that my order is correct before making them public.

I tried setting up a route to change "ads-manager" to Advertising, some work, some don't.
Try something else that it is not related to ads.

Advertiser home page message: would be nice to be able to use HTML in this message
If you edit it from the front-end, you can use the editor to style it (bb code).

Simpler way to change the URL for the ads-manager instead of having to use a route
Adding a route filter is the easiest way and the recommended way.

Option to list packages on the ads-manager page so they don't have to click the packages button as some may not be smart enough to figure out how to view them.
If they can't do that, do you think they be smart enough to create an ad?

Maximum ads allowed: option to enter 0 for unlimited
It won't make sense to use "unlimited" because the more ads you have, depending which type and the position, some might not sow or show rarely.

Automatically generate a PDF or page that shows the locations ads will show. Instead of me having to include a picture, the system knows the positions and should be able to generate an info view of the positions associated to each package.
There might be a way to do that but the effort doesn't worth it.

Please explain "Ad display limit: The maximum number of ads to display at the same time." if I choose other than 1? Will it stack the ads horizontally or vertically - I assume?
It depends on the "Display" setting.

Can we get a zone to place ads between categories such as every x3 categories on the home page?
It only works with the actual ID of the category.

"this slot is not available at this time, please email ... for more information."
In my humble opinion that would probably have the opposite effect. Why would someone bother to contact you if there are no slots available? Also, they can see on the site that there are no ads displayed there so it might be more confusing. I can show you how to make template changes for this if you want.

Sort packages in admin by display order, not alphabetical, so I can see that my order is correct before making them public.
There is an easier way to do this with the option "Enable package for advertisers" where you select the admin group only. Or using the user group permissions with "Create ads".

Let's say I want to offer rectangular ads "Sidebar above". I want to put 4 positions there. I want an advertiser's ad to randomly display in any of the four rectangular spots but never at the same time. How can this be done?

It seems that you need to create a package per slot, so the above is something I don't know that can be done. Also, it seems I have to sell each of the 4 rectangular ads separately so I can't have an advertiser buy the position of any of the 4 available spaces.

I suggest separating "Ad display order" and adding a new "Package display order" as it seems Ad display order is used for two purposes: 1) Ordering packages and 2) Ordering ads of the same position "Sidebar above"

I would suggest a few enhancements:
  1. Package groups so that you can sell the group as a way to accomplish the above.
  2. Parent and child packages so again per the above I can attach packages, not visible to the advertiser, but make the above possible.
  3. Package categories: Maybe I want to separate the package listing to advertisers by ad type (horizontal, rectangular, premium, budget, etc.)

In the Admin area "List packages" please put a drop down in upper right: Sort Alphabetically or by Ad Display Order.

I also suggest a filter option on the front end package list (for advertisers). Let's say some have no available slots remaining. The advertiser should be able to select a drop down "filter" to show available packages vs. all packages.

Hello,
I don't understand the principle with the packages, I'm afraid. I would like to offer a package with all the ad positions I have defined, where ads are automatically displayed in portrait or landscape format, depending on what a customer has. Is that possible? And my other question: How do I determine the number of insertions, i.e. CPM? Is that possible?
Oh yes, I have created a package that does not appear in the list of packages in the user profile ...
Kai

Is that possible?
No. You have to create a package for each size. If you mix sidebar positions with horizontal positions, you end up with vertical ads in horizontal positions and vice-versa.

How do I determine the number of insertions, i.e. CPM?
Under Advertising package tab > Ad cost

I have created a package that does not appear in the list of packages in the user profile
User profile? You mean in the the front-end advertiser package list? You have to enable it for advertisers in the package Advertising settings.

Thx!
Does it make sense to combine different horizontal positions and sizes in one package. Or should it be more granular?

It is up to you. The best approach would be to have one package per position to maximize revenue. A package for sidebar ads, a package for inside or between posts, a package for top of home page, etc.

Thx, I'm coming from Google Ad Manager, where the methods are a little bit different. Another question: If I sell a specific amount of views, have I by myself to calculate that there are enough views available. I think so ...

I don't understand the question. In the package you set the price per CPM/CPC and the minimum/maximum that can be purchased at one time. Once the purchased impressions/clicks are 100% used, the ad will be automatically disabled. You don't have to do anything else.

Ok, but maybe I don't know the amount of available impressions and to be honest I don't know the amount of available clicks. If I sell 100 clicks/month because I think there will be 100, but there are in fact only 30, what should I do? Seems like a silly question, but for instance in other ad managers you get a prognosis aboout the future overall amount of clicks and impressions. The tool will warn you, if you sell too much.

I'm asking me this question to decide to use Google Ad Manager in the background, to get the forecast from there.

Best regards

If I sell 100 clicks/month because I think there will be 100, but there are in fact only 30, what should I do?
The clicks and impressions are not sold per month. CPM is cost per 1000 impressions and CPC is up to you how much you charge per click. So if a user purchases 10000 impressions or 100 clicks, the ad will run until those 10000 impressions or 100 clicks are gone. It can take 10 days or 2 months depending on your boards traffic.

For CPM you can use the "Impressions distribution" feature to prevent CPM ads to get too many impressions to quickly.

Top Bottom