Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Is anyone using this to display banners in nodes like this? These are on the forum home page or display page. These are coded into node descriptions now but i want to use the ad manager instead.

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).webp
    Screenshot (19).webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 26
I put two separate ads in the same location, one is a code ad, the other a banner, both mine, not open to public advertising yet. Exploring rotation and with both set to same priority, etc. (same settings) I'm not seeing the banners rotate, the same one (code) shows. Not sure if there is something wrong with a randomizer or what but I would expect to see more even rotation when two ads have the identical settings.

Regarding the recent update, just to confirm, it's best to overwrite all files with the new ones, or just files that have changed? I'm assuming overwrite all files then from Addons run the upgrade? Thanks

I have Google ads set up so that premium members don't see them. This works fine but when I turn on Google auto ads they start seeing anchor ads, they don't see any other auto ads it's just the anchor ones that seem to bypass the group permissions.

Last edited:
I have Google ads set up so that premium members don't see them. This works fine but when I turn on Google auto ads they start seeing anchor ads, they don't see any other auto ads it's just the anchor ones that seem to bypass the group permissions.

You need to surround your main Google Adsense Code with a conditional so it does not run for your premium members group. Place your premium members group ID below in the first line in place of X.

PHP:
<xf:if is="{{!$xf.visitor.isMemberOf(X)}}">
<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-1234567891234567" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
</xf:if>

Google's anchor ads have no dedicated position, so there is no way other way currently to turn them off for selected users then to do what is shown above.

You may also find forcing anchor ads to be on the bottom only a better experience for XenForo users. Mobile anchor ads that show on the top can cause issues with floating menus like XenForo's. The code below will force all anchor ads to the bottom of the page (for both desktop and mobile, there is no way currently to target them differently).

PHP:
<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-1234567891234567" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
<script>
  (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
    google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1234567891234567",
    enable_page_level_ads: true,
    overlays: {bottom: true}
  });
</script>

You need to surround your main Google Adsense Code with a conditional so it does not run for your premium members group. Place your premium members group ID below in the first line in place of X.

PHP:

Google's anchor ads have no dedicated position, so there is no way other way currently to turn them off for selected users then to do what is shown above.

You may also find forcing anchor ads to be on the bottom only a better experience for XenForo users. Mobile anchor ads that show on the top can cause issues with floating menus like XenForo's. The code below will force all anchor ads to the bottom of the page (for both desktop and mobile, there is no way currently to target them differently).

PHP:
<script>
  (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
    google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1234567891234567",
    enable_page_level_ads: true,
    overlays: {bottom: true}
  });
</script>
This is great thanks. I did wonder if we could somehow get anchor ads to show at the bottom. Is this not against Google's rules?

This is great thanks. I did wonder if we could somehow get anchor ads to show at the bottom. Is this not against Google's rules?

It is their rule or I should say an acceptable modification to their rule that does not violate the AdSense Program policies...

@Siropu Is there any way currently to truncate the ad statistics older than a certain date?

The stats_click table can get quite large and old detailed ad data for most admins is stale and not very useful.

After a certain amount of time it is of no benefit for some admins to know the exact views or clicks for an ad position from like 3 years ago. This will be different for everyone I know. Keeping on ongoing total count of views and clicks can be useful. Seems there may be a more efficient way to keep detailed statistics of recent ad views and clicks, and then possibly using updating records in an archive table for long term "total" statistics?

Just some thoughts I was having as I saw the size of the stats_click table.

@Siropu
Is there a way to detect if users are using a specific chrome extension?
Apparently there is an extension blocking ads on a couple of sites, and we're on their blacklist :cautious:

@Siropu Is there any way currently to truncate the ad statistics older than a certain date?

The stats_click table can get quite large and old detailed ad data for most admins is stale and not very useful.

After a certain amount of time it is of no benefit for some admins to know the exact views or clicks for an ad position from like 3 years ago. This will be different for everyone I know. Keeping on ongoing total count of views and clicks can be useful. Seems there may be a more efficient way to keep detailed statistics of recent ad views and clicks, and then possibly using updating records in an archive table for long term "total" statistics?

Just some thoughts I was having as I saw the size of the stats_click table.

I guess for 3 years I never saw these under General Options...

stats.webp

What cron cleans these up?

Somehow I forgot to implement those options in the code. :LOL: 🤦‍♂️

Just an FYI I also noticed when I deleted a couple old ads that had a lot of stats attached to them, the stats were removed from the stats_click table but the table then began reporting optimization needed. Once I ran the optimization myself the table shrunk considerably and likely performs better. You may want to make sure optimization runs after any data pruning of the stats_click table.

Hi, one wish is that the adserver could have a way to know a long page vs. a short page. I am usure how to make the most of pages when they go longer. For example here in my sidebar:

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 7.58.14 PM.webp

I could add two more banner ads there on long threads. But on short threads it would truncate the page etc.

If anyone has a trick to this it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sticky sidebar might be useful so the ads stays in view as you scroll.
It wouldn't quite work in my situation. I'm thinking more like as the page loads if page = x length serve 2 ads, if page length = xl length serve 3 ads. maybe it can be done with some sort of widget coding then put the ad in a widget?

Top Bottom