Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Creat a temporary usergroup named Admin Ads and then you enable that as your usergroup, then go in the others usergroups "Registered, Adinistrators, etc. and disable the visualization of the ads in the usergroup permission section. In this way only you can see what change.

Or also you have to set all the ads you are modifing visible also for a specific user, you, always in the User Criteria section

If you look at the ads manager in AdminCP you will see a block of administrator functions for the site at the bottom ofthe feature controls. That includes the ability to display information blocks where any ad might be created. Unfortunately it is not included in the permissions system.

For my quick and dirty exploration, all I need is the information on how to specify a particular userid in a XenForo template structure as in the piece of code I posted above.

Here is the control page in the adminCP that includes the feature.

1605895947043.webp

If you look at the ads manager in AdminCP you will see a block of administrator functions for the site at the bottom ofthe feature controls. That includes the ability to display information blocks where any ad might be created. Unfortunately it is not included in the permissions system.

For my quick and dirty exploration, all I need is the information on how to specify a particular userid in a XenForo template structure as in the piece of code I posted above.

Here is the control page in the adminCP that includes the feature.

View attachment 240123

Creat a temporary usergroup named Admin Ads and then you enable that as your usergroup, then go in the others usergroups "Registered, Adinistrators, etc. and disable the visualization of the ads in the usergroup permission section. In this way only you can see what change.

Or also you have to set all the ads you are modifing visible also for a specific user, you, always in the User Criteria section
Just create one new group and add all permissions to that group and show all ads to that group.
Of course, add only your self to that group.

The task is to display all the ad locations. The admin option to preview ad locations does that but has no permission setting.

I created an ad that included all ad locations. It was not necessary to create a usergroup since the visibility selectors include the ability to name a single user. When using that you need to use the browser's code inspector to see the name of the location.

In the other thread where I asked this question TickTackk and Brogan showed me how to specify my User ID in Siropu's feature.

Is there someone that can please give also to me an hand?

I would like to add a banner from Ebay, created with Smart Placement function.
This function gives 2 codes, as these:

Title Tag Code
Code:
<script async src="[URL]https://epnt.ebay.com/static/epn-smart-tools.js[/URL]"></script>
Insert Tag Code
Code:
<ins class="epn-placement" data-config-id="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"></ins>

So have I to create an ad as "Code" inside the Ads Manager addon?

And then?

Because I have tried to add these 2 lines in the code field of the ad but it doesn't works.

I have read this about it but I don't know what does it mean and where and what code to add:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can I have multiple Smart Placements throughout my site?
Yes. Just make sure that the Smart Placements code is in the <head> tag of the website as a whole, or in the header of each page where you want to use Smart Placements.

How does Smart Placements work?
After you create a banner ad in the Configuration Hub, you’ll place the Smart Placements code in the <head> tag and the code for each banner in the body of your site. The code works by sending the configId to eBay’s server. Our server then generates the HTML to show real-time results based on the search term and category you selected, or if you chose to auto-optimize, real-time results based on the visitor’s recent behavior on eBay. These are sent back to your JavaScript. So, your webpage will always have an ad that’s fresh with current products.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know the code and I'm trying from yesterday but without success. So if someone can please help me is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I don't do eBay ads but it looks like you need to do this:

1. Edit the PAGE_CONTAINER template for your style (if you have more that one style you may have to do this for each style, depending on how you have set them up) and add this code just before the </head> line:

Code:
<script async src="[URL]https://epnt.ebay.com/static/epn-smart-tools.js[/URL]"></script>

Save that template.

Now go to the advertising part of the AdminCP and insert just this code in the HTML slot for the ad:

Code:
<ins class="epn-placement" data-config-id="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"></ins>

Many thanks DjBaxter, really appreciated.

I'm trying... I have created a "Banner" ad, in Ads Manager and added the code in the HTML field. The banner should appear after the 5° post and now I see a space for the ad there, but is not shown the ad. Some idea?

Last edited:
Ads Manager is fine or if you're not using that the built-in Xenforo advertising (although if you're not using Ads Manager or Ads Manager Lite you really should be posting in a separate thread of course).

Many thanks DjBaxter, really appreciated.

I'm trying... I have created a "Banner" ad, in Ads Manager and added the code in the HTML field. The banner should appear after the 5° post and now I see a space for the ad there, but is not shown the ad. Some idea?
For content-related ads like Googler AdSense, Amazon, and I assume eBay, you need to wait
  1. until their spiders can crawl your site and determine what ads they have in their inventory would match that content, and
  2. for ad inventory that is appropriate for your site to become available.
When you are just adding an ad network to your site, this can take a few days to a week or sometimes longer for the ads to show up after you add the appropriate code. That's normal.

Do you think is for that? Possible.
Because yesterday morning it has worked for a bit then making the tests the banner is disapeared and never is appeared again... So now that you let me think is alos possible because I have enabled the ad visible also to me, so maybe the spider cannot found it. Possible I try to make it visible also for the guest. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
In each way i let you know that can be useful also for you or for others that with this system in Ebay you can decide what must be in the ads (you can create also a carousel of certain items you decide) so it can be really useful to show something that the readers of a forum like.

For now really many thanks for your help. I hope to make work these banners because are not blue sky times. :D

Thanks again

If ads were showing and then disappeared, that usually means the ad network has run out of ads to display on your site and with your content. This may happen near the end of a month where ad budget limits for the appropriate advertisers have been reached.

The point is that a lot of things with ad networks are beyond your control because they are controlled by the ad network and/or by advertisers on that network.

Yes the problem is that I have made many many test and who know what I have done. :D
In each way I'm quite sure I'm making something not well.

The Chrome inspection tool seems to show an error, also if I'm not able to understand it good.

sef.webp

Is wrote good the code in this way as per your suggestion in PAGE_CONTAINER?

Code:
        <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="{{ base_url(property('publicMetadataLogoUrl'), true) }}" />
    </xf:if>
    <xf:include template="google_analytics" />
</head>
<body data-template="{$template}">

It seems that the problem is in the PAGE_CONTAINER, possible?
The code I have added is here at the bottom:

Code:
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, viewport-fit=cover">

<xf:set var="$siteName" value="{$xf.options.boardTitle}" />
    <xf:set var="$h1"><xf:h1 fallback="{$siteName}" /></xf:set>
    <xf:set var="$description"><xf:description /></xf:set>

<title><xf:title formatter="%s | %s" fallback="{$xf.options.boardTitle}" page="{$pageNumber}" /></title>

<xf:foreach loop="$head" value="$headTag">
        {$headTag}
    </xf:foreach>

<xf:if is="!$head.meta_site_name && $siteName is not empty">
        <xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="site_name" arg-siteName="{$siteName}" arg-output="{{ true }}" />
    <xf:if is="!$head.meta_type">
        <xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="type" arg-type="website" arg-output="{{ true }}" />
    <xf:if is="!$head.meta_title">
        <xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="title" arg-title="{{ page_title() ?: $siteName }}" arg-output="{{ true }}" />
    <xf:if is="!$head.meta_description && $description is not empty && $pageDescriptionMeta">
        <xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="description" arg-description="{$description}" arg-output="{{ true }}" />
    <xf:if is="!$head.meta_share_url">
        <xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="share_url" arg-shareUrl="{$xf.fullUri}" arg-output="{{ true }}" />
    <xf:if is="!$head.meta_image_url && property('publicMetadataLogoUrl')">
        <xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="image_url"
            arg-imageUrl="{{ base_url(property('publicMetadataLogoUrl'), true) }}"
            arg-output="{{ true }}" />

<xf:if is="property('nlGoogleFonts') != null">
        {{ property('nlGoogleFonts') }}
    <xf:if is="$bgColor OR $bgImage">
        <xf:macro template="bodytag_macros" name="page_inline_styles"
            arg-bgColor="{$bgColor}"
            arg-bgImage="{$bgImage}" />

<xf:if is="property('metaThemeColor')">
        <meta name="theme-color" content="{{ parse_less_color(property('metaThemeColor')) }}" />

<xf:macro template="helper_js_global" name="head" arg-app="public" />

<xf:if is="property('publicFaviconUrl')">
        <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="{{ base_url(property('publicFaviconUrl'), true) }}" sizes="32x32" />
    <xf:if is="property('publicMetadataLogoUrl')">
        <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="{{ base_url(property('publicMetadataLogoUrl'), true) }}" />
    <xf:include template="google_analytics" />
</head>
<body data-template="{$template}">

But it report errors

sef.png

Last edited:
It's because you have BB Code in that link you added.

It should be like this (removing the URL bbcode parts):

<script async src="https://epnt.ebay.com/static/epn-smart-tools.js"></script>

Great DjBaxter, you save me :) 10.000 times thanks, it was 2 days that I was trying in all the ways... It is always difficult for me to fix the things without know the code. Now finally it works. Again many thanks. :)

Hello,

We recently migrated our forum to a new provider, and have since been receiving daily warnings that there is at least one table in our database without a primary key. Upon further investigation it appears to be the xf_siropu_ads_manager_stats_click table.

Our initial thought was that the stats_date column would be unique and could be set as a primary key, but we found at least one counterexample. We aren't sure if it's supposed to be unique and there's something wrong with our data, or if what we're seeing is typical. In any case, as a result we aren't sure what to use; would @Siropu or others here have any recommendations?

Top Bottom