Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
The ads are grouped by position, type and package, in that order.
There are a number of types. Is there an inherent order among them i.e. their position in the tab set? Or is it just that multiple ads of any given type will be ordered together before any ads of another type. i.e. One cannot insert an ad of a different type in a sequence of ads of any given type.

I will need to explain this to my ad design staff, so I want to be sure I understand.

Is there an inherent order among them i.e. their position in the tab set?
It is based on the ad display order. The ad with the lowest display order value no meter the type will be displayed first and the other ads of the same type will follow. You cannot display a code ad type between banner ads type on the same position. You can however, use the banner ad type to display a code ad so it's not an issue since you can then order them how you want.

My assignment was to construct a set of 4 ads in the side bar in a specific order with the 3rd ad being a set of ads that rotated in that position. The 4th ad is a Google AdSense slot with the same dimensions as the second and third ads.

I managed to get myself sufficiently confused on how to do this that I actually edited the position Sidebar Above and saved it to see what code was generated. For reasons not clear to me I edited the ID which seems to have destroyed the position.

It took me a lot of looking since much of this is new to me to understand that the default ad positions were created with Template Modifications and it was futile of me to keep searching the basic structure templates to figure out how you had created the defaults.

I still have not learned enough to be able to place a new position where I want it to be when looking at the screen.

I am confident this addon what I want to use, but I am also on a deadline to take it all live next Monday.

I now think it is the case that I never had a need to create a position. I just needed to understand how the positions work.

I was trying to create the rotating ads as a package but I do not think I understand how to make a bunch of ads appear in the same position as a function of time. I have spent about 25 hours on this now and my wife is starting to get annoyed. :)

I'm curious, how does this compare to Google DFP (which I have been using for years). I just sell & create inventory in DFP and have the tags in my ad slots on the site.

I think the biggest difference for me is that I get to keep all the money for the ad stock that is directly purchased. It is also a community service for our community.

I think the biggest difference for me is that I get to keep all the money for the ad stock that is directly purchased. It is also a community service for our community.

If I sell ads directly in DFP I get to keep the money though also? It's free for serving ads unless I'm using their ad network (as remnant)

I received this from pubgalaxy, and have no idea what they're talking about. Any help?

It was recentлy discovered that all CMP providers have to adjust their products in order to ensure that Google successfully receives and passes EEA consent to other partners, but many haven't yet managed to do that (an issue that still persists industry-wide with other CMP providers like Quantcast, Funding Choices - Google's own CMP). Our team was working closely with our Google AM and various CMP providers to ensure that errors are permanently resolved.

Although we have achieved some progress with our current provider (OneTrust) they haven't yet found a sustainable and long-term fix for the EEA consent passing issue.

We also tested several other CMP providers, and we have decided to rely on the services of UniConsent. Their CMP was tested on multiple sites and it was proven that they are able to operate properly despite the issues caused by Google not fully reading and passing consent (an issue that still persists with other CMP providers like Quantcast and Funding Choices).

I have attached the CMP codes for syracysefan.com and the-boneyard.com with instructions for implementation. Besides the instructions the following needs to be done for each domain:

For the-boneyard: Some changes will be needed in the ad unit definitions. Please find attached the demo for guide you for that. The <body> tag implementation of our code doesn't need to change.

For syracusefan.com: A the script part needs to be removed from the body tags, so that only the div remains. For that we've prepared a demo, too.

Please, upload the tags on a test page first and let me know so that the team can take a look and confirm that the implementation is correct.

I have this error on my website.
Im using Ads Manager and Siropu Chat

PHP:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL fetch error [2014]: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228
Generado por: sergitgna 7 Nov 2020 a las 19:13
Seguimiento
            SELECT `xf_siropu_ads_manager_ad`.*, `xf_siropu_ads_manager_package_Package_1`.*
            FROM `xf_siropu_ads_manager_ad`
            LEFT JOIN `xf_siropu_ads_manager_package` AS `xf_siropu_ads_manager_package_Package_1` ON (`xf_siropu_ads_manager_package_Package_1`.`package_id` = `xf_siropu_ads_manager_ad`.`package_id`)
            WHERE (`xf_siropu_ads_manager_ad`.`type` IN ('keyword', 'affiliate')) AND (`xf_siropu_ads_manager_ad`.`status` = 'active')
            ORDER BY RAND() ASC

------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException()
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(134): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException()
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php(93): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->fetchRowValues()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1381): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->fetchAliasGrouped()
#4 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(606): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch()
#5 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(340): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->loadFilterAds()
#6 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(331): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->setFilterAds()
#7 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Listener.php(38): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->__construct()
#8 [internal function]: Siropu\AdsManager\Listener::templaterGlobalData()
#9 src/XF/Extension.php(67): call_user_func_array()
#10 src/XF/App.php(2797): XF\Extension->fire()
#11 src/XF/App.php(2032): XF\App->fire()
#12 src/XF/App.php(1903): XF\App->getGlobalTemplateData()
#13 src/XF/Pub/App.php(448): XF\App->preRender()
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(395): XF\Pub\App->preRender()
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render()
#16 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(465): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(20): XF::runApp()
#19 {main}
Estado de la solicitud
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(578) "/foro/index.php?chat/update&users%5B1%5D=2763%2C1503%2C754%2C1497%2C3554%2C1252%2C557%2C3010%2C3241%2C3800%2C4782%2C3484%2C2751%2C3394%2C1294%2C4780%2C4897%2C3375%2C3523%2C1880%2C4691%2C4982%2C4225%2C4993%2C2082%2C4832%2C673%2C3613%2C532%2C190%2C4638%2C4175%2C4764&channel=room&room_id=1&last_id%5B1%5D=321&conv_id=0&conv_only=0&conv_items=&conv_last_active=1604690785&conv_last_update=1604690785&user_last_update=1604772790&is_chat_page=0&_xfRequestUri=%2Fforo%2Findex.php%3Fproductos%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1604690785%2C3221a5e5c66f3c03703af5d1a595b61b&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(45) "https://cloudbit.es/foro/index.php?productos/"
  ["_GET"] => array(16) {
    ["chat/update"] => string(0) ""
    ["users"] => array(1) {
      [1] => string(159) "2763,1503,754,1497,3554,1252,557,3010,3241,3800,4782,3484,2751,3394,1294,4780,4897,3375,3523,1880,4691,4982,4225,4993,2082,4832,673,3613,532,190,4638,4175,4764"
    }
    ["channel"] => string(4) "room"
    ["room_id"] => string(1) "1"
    ["last_id"] => array(1) {
      [1] => string(3) "321"
    }
    ["conv_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conv_only"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conv_items"] => string(0) ""
    ["conv_last_active"] => string(10) "1604690785"
    ["conv_last_update"] => string(10) "1604690785"
    ["user_last_update"] => string(10) "1604772790"
    ["is_chat_page"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/foro/index.php?productos/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1604690785,3221a5e5c66f3c03703af5d1a595b61b"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Good day, is there a way to setup ads to run only on certain days of the week for the total certain duration.

for instance i would like to setup an ad that would run only Monday and Wednesday, yet for 30 days (Mondays and Wednesdays)

Just wondering if there's an option to add a caption underneath the ads that says something like: "Become a Pro Member to Remove Ads". With the option to add a link to my account upgrade page.

Just wondering if there's an option to add a caption underneath the ads that says something like: "Become a Pro Member to Remove Ads". With the option to add a link to my account upgrade page.
Add that as html under the ad script?

Last edited:
Just an information because I haven't had success trying to show an Ebay ads. I haven't understand how and where to add the affiliation link generated about a product of Ebay?
Have I to choose a Banner type or Affiliation Link to build the add?
And after what kind of link I have to copy in it:
Simple, HTML or JavaScript ?

Thanks in advance to someone can give an help.

I'm seeing also that Siropu is not writing from many days and knowing him a bit I'm really affraid for this. I hope to hear about him soon.

Last edited:
I would like to preview the ad positions on my site which is live. We have lots of moderators and admins and I would like to restrict the preview to only my userid. I found the code in the template that restricts the view to admins but I need to make that just me with userid=1. Do I need to set a variable to do this? If anyone else ever wanted this ability, it could be included in the permission set.

I suppose if I understood the xf syntax well enough that would be obvious, but it is not. I would like to change this to from admin to user 1
Code:
                <xf:if is="$xf.visitor.is_admin AND $xf.options.siropuAdsManagerPositionVisualization AND {$xf.samPositions.{$position}}">
                    <div class="samPositionPreview">{$xf.samPositions.{$position}|raw}</div>
                </xf:if>

I would like to preview the ad positions on my site which is live. We have lots of moderators and admins and I would like to restrict the preview to only my userid. I found the code in the template that restricts the view to admins but I need to make that just me with userid=1. Do I need to set a variable to do this? If anyone else ever wanted this ability, it could be included in the permission set.

I suppose if I understood the xf syntax well enough that would be obvious, but it is not. I would like to change this to from admin to user 1
Code:
                <xf:if is="$xf.visitor.is_admin AND $xf.options.siropuAdsManagerPositionVisualization AND {$xf.samPositions.{$position}}">
                    <div class="samPositionPreview">{$xf.samPositions.{$position}|raw}</div>
                </xf:if>
Just go on Users Criteria, inside the ad you are creating and select on Visible Usergroup: visible only to administrator

I am trying to review all the ad positions currently defined on the site. Ads has that as an administrative function, but it applies to all admins. the others are really annoyed when I display all the ad positions for them. I would like to specify the explicit single user, not a group and for all the ad positions, not just one I am working on.

Top Bottom