[AddonsLab] Conversation Permissions

[AddonsLab] Conversation Permissions 1.5.2

No permission to download
Hello everyone!

@Zuse thank you for your suggestions. Controlling permissions on who can post on profile post does not fit in this add-on, but if we find some free time we will implement another add-on for that. No ETA for now, however, as we are really busy with several other projects now.

Also it would be great that if a user has not yet met the criteria i.e X amount posts before using the conversation function, then other members cannot message them either other than the admin (so the welcome message upon registration still works).

Another thing which would be great is to still allow the "Start Conversation" to be visible and shoot up the error because at the moment, members are confused why they can't message and if you still allow the button to be visible and shoot an error 'Must have X amount of posts' this way there is no confusion. Same goes with the 'reply back' field, for example a member would type back and press reply but it would says 'Sorry you need X amount of posts'.

This can be implemented, we will try to work on it soon and release the update.

Thanks for implmenting this.

You did say "Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap."

So here's another one:

When people have an inbox quota, they obviously need to leave some conversations to get some quota back.

It would be useful to have an export conversation feature so they can archive important conversations.

Archiving conversations is definitely a great idea, but it should be implemented as a separate add-on, as it is not directly related to conversation permissions. Unfortunately, we can't work on it now, but again, once we find some free time we will consider creating it.

Thank you!

Archiving conversations is definitely a great idea, but it should be implemented as a separate add-on, as it is not directly related to conversation permissions. Unfortunately, we can't work on it now, but again, once we find some free time we will consider creating it.

Thank you!

Yes, I can see that it is not related in terms of development, but is related in terms of use and relevance to the way people use a quota, so it would be highly appreciated if you can do this.

Hi @AddonsLab

thank you for make this addon, i have a suggestion regarding for recipient quota, i have set 1 for conversation count quota to my new member, for new member in my site its auto receive a welcome message from me and this welcome message will filled conversation count quota for this member.
can this conversation count quota not effect for recipient and only effect for conversation starter?

thank you.

Last edited:
Hi @AddonsLab

thank you for make this addon, i have a suggestion regarding for recipient quota, i have set 1 for conversation count quota to my new member, for new member in my site its auto receive a welcome message from me and this welcome message will filled conversation count quota for this member.
can this conversation count quota not effect for recipient and only effect for conversation starter?

thank you.

Thank you for the suggestion. If you send a welcome message to all members, is there any reason not to set the conversation count to 2, so that the members can have another conversation started on their own?

Great addon, appreciate the effort. But how can new users know that they have a limit of say 10 posts before being able to answer or start conversations? It might be really confusing for new users, or I'm I missing something in here?

Great addon, appreciate the effort. But how can new users know that they have a limit of say 10 posts before being able to answer or start conversations? It might be really confusing for new users, or I'm I missing something in here?

The add-on does not have any message, for now, so we will work on such enhancement asap and will release it here.

Thank you!

The issue you have highlighted is fixed now. The message was actually there but it would not be shown because of some bug introduced in one of the previous updates.

Thank you!

I installed Resource Filter today and file health check says i'm missing/edited 77 files (they were overwritten by RF) ._.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I installed Resource Filter today and file health check says i'm missing/edited 77 files (they were overwritten by RF) ._.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you for the report. The problem is related to some shared files between several of our products. Including them in the package itself causes this issue, so we are looking for another solution to package the files in a different way. We will release all our add-ons with fixed packages as soon as possible.

Thank you!

I've just had some reports this is not working any longer as expected. users are able send conversdations to others whose inbox is full. Sometimes with a message to that effect, sometimes not. But eitehr way the convesation is started.

Top Bottom