[AddonsLab] Conversation Permissions

[AddonsLab] Conversation Permissions 1.5.2

No permission to download
AddonsLab updated [AddonsLab] Conversation Permissions with a new update entry:

Can contact admin permission

In this version, we have implemented a new Yes/No permission to allow contacting site administrators even if the number of posts is not enough to contact other users.

This permission is enabled by default for all existing usergroups.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is perfect, BUT I cannot see how to use it. I have it set to yes for everyone, but how/where do they do it?

There is no contact admin button under the Convestaions tab, nor a start conversation link for users when they click on an admins avatar.

Users with that permission will simply see the Start conversation link and will be able to put admin's name (or start a conversation from an admin's user profile), but trying to start a conversation with a non-admin will given them an error. It is not in this add-on's functionality to provide some special channel to contact the admins or any special button for it, just to allow contacting admins via usual Conversations but disallow contacting anyone else.

Thank you!

My mistake, I had the group set to no conversations as opposed to 0 quota.

However there is now another issue.

I have now set to quota of 1 and my test user is able to bypass the quota and send conversations to anyone, (with or without contact admin set to yes)

Screenshot 2020-05-15 at 17.21.12.png

Maybe another addon is conflicting? I'll do some testing

Last edited:
My mistake, I had the group set to no conversations as opposed to 0 quota.

However there is now another issue.

I have now set to quota of 1 and my test user is able to bypass the quota and send conversations to anyone, (with or without contact admin set to yes)

View attachment 225208

Maybe another addon is conflicting? I'll do some testing

Please check your setup again. It is possible that you have a usergroup for whom one of the values is set to Unlimited. The product uses the default XenForo permission system and its rules of inheritance. Please check user's permissions via Admin Panel tool "Analyze permissions" and verify what are the final permissions. If the issue exists, please provide a screenshot that shows your setup in the Analyze permissions tool, with Details for each permission of our product expended. Feel free to submit the information via a ticket at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3 or post it here.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated [AddonsLab] Conversation Permissions with a new update entry:

Type argument error fix

The release fixes the error that occurs when a user leaves a conversation:

An exception occurred: [TypeError] Argument 1 passed to AddonsLab\ConversationPermissions\XF\Entity\ConversationMaster::AddonsLab\ConversationPermissions\XF\Entity{closure}() must be an instance of XF\Entity\ConversationUser, null given in src/addons/AddonsLab/ConversationPermissions/XF/Entity/ConversationMaster.php on line 18

Read the rest of this update entry...

Many thanks, in this case the test user (Curtis the cat) has no secondary groups. only registered.

View attachment 225220

Sorry, I did not notice that you refer to the permission Conversation Count Quota. That permission puts a limit on the total number of conversations a usergroup is allowed. Our add-on implements the permission "Create Conversation: Min Post Count" - just put a number, e.g. 10, and users who don't have 10 posts will not be able to start a conversation. Make sure to reset your changes for the Count Quota permission before testing.

Thank you!

Sorry, I did not notice that you refer to the permission Conversation Count Quota. That permission puts a limit on the total number of conversations a usergroup is allowed. Our add-on implements the permission "Create Conversation: Min Post Count" - just put a number, e.g. 10, and users who don't have 10 posts will not be able to start a conversation. Make sure to reset your changes for the Count Quota permission before testing.

Thank you!
Now I am a bit confused. Your addon adds the permission: Conversation Count Quota

And that can be set per usergroup.

So I want for instance:

• All Registered users with no secondary group have a quota of just one
  • Regular users group (who are promoted after 5 posts have a quota of 15
  • Subscribers usergroup have a quota of 60.

The subscribers did a user upgrade, ie doesn't matter whether they had 0 or 100 posts.

EDIT: so all groups can create a Conversation, just a limit on the conversation count (ie inbox limit) Or am I completely misunderstanding?

Last edited:
Now I am a bit confused. Your addon adds the permission: Conversation Count Quota

And that can be set per usergroup.

So I want for instance:

• All Registered users with no secondary group have a quota of just one
  • Regular users group (who are promoted after 5 posts have a quota of 15
  • Subscribers usergroup have a quota of 60.

The subscribers did a user upgrade, ie doesn't matter whether they had 0 or 100 posts.

I see now. The workflow you have described should be possible to implement exactly as described. We will soon make some tests and verify it works as expected and provide you the setup we have used.

Thank you!

I see now. The workflow you have described should be possible to implement exactly as described. We will soon make some tests and verify it works as expected and provide you the setup we have used.

Thank you!
Thanks

Just did more testing, currently it seems the registered group can make more than one, but not receive more than one

Currently set like this (your addon permissions shown with red box)

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 13.19.36.jpg

OK, after a bit more testing. I can confirm now with settings as above I would assume that registered group can send Conversationss (ie they are above the 0 threshold for sending conversations

It is working as expected only in regard to receiving not sending.

So I have test user (Curtis) with permissions to send as above, but with a quota of 1. But can actually send more than 1, so the following should not happen:

3conv.jpg

But as expected after he has sent the first one he cannot received any more. And if someone tries to send to Curtis, this is what the sender sees and is correct:

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.41.30.png

Last edited:
Is there maybe a problem with the two add-ons form Xon?
I tried to limit reply and start, but nothing happens.
If i use mimimum post to view conversation, it is ok

Your permissions should maybe have an own box, while now they are mixes with stuff from XON.

Last edited:
To solve it, the numbers of the permissions need to be higher;
for 5 i would use an own box.

What i really dont like.

I add "username";
then i write ten minutes a text;
then i get: error you cant write to xyz.

Why i can see the form at all?

cant install this,

The following errors must be resolved before continuing:
  • [AL] Conversation Permissions requires [AL] Core Package 1.0.7+.

I guess the permissions are not complete.
We should have:

can start a conv
can reply a conv
can receive a conv

You may want to add the missing one, please?

At the moment we have the problem that a lot of new users get post from old users.
Then they answer in the forum like: Hey, @LaLa, i cant answer you ...

@Robert9 Sorry for the delay with this.

can start a conv
can reply a conv
can receive a conv

You may want to add the missing one, please?
I am not sure what you mean by this. All mentioned permissions are available - Start conversations and Receive new conversations are XenForo default permissions and Reply in conversations is our add-ons permission.

At the moment we have the problem that a lot of new users get post from old users.
Then they answer in the forum like: Hey, @LaLa, i cant answer you ...
In our add-on, we have permission Reply to Conversation: Min Post Count. When the permission is set to 0 or unlimited, users will be able to reply to existing conversations. This seems to address the case you have mentioned.

Please install the add-on and double-check the permissions and if you are still sure that the add-on is missing some of the mentioned permissions just let us know here.

Thank you!

Top Bottom