[AddonFlare] Paid Registrations

[AddonFlare] Paid Registrations 1.8.2

No permission to download
I got my first paid account registration using this addon. Problem is, their account was not added to the premium usergroup I had set up, and there is nothing in my payment provider log.

Does this normally take some time, or should accounts that are paid at registration immediately be placed into the paid usergroup as defined in the settings?

Update Even after waiting several hours, account upgrades from this addon are not applied even though they are paid before registering. Payment log is empty, user upgrade log is empty, users who pay are not put into the upgrade usergroup. Anyone else using this addon had this problem?

Last edited:
@invictus jep on a few accounts we experienced the same. Only found out after a user mailed us about it.

However all other upgrades went fine with no issues

Did a test registration with Stripe.... payment went through just fine but user hasn't been upgraded yet. Am I missing anything?

To clarify - addon has been working for a while with PayPal and I just added Stripe as a payment profile. Payment is showing up in Stripe but user hasn't been upgraded yet.

Has anyone tried to offer payment for guests also?
I can use my system for upgrades, but in the template for guests with additional field for email is no
{$profiles.{$upgrade.payment_profile_ids.0}} and without the field (or the hidden field) nobody can buy.

I have set now: Use account upgrades for guests also, but this doesnt help.
pub/controller/register.php
$profiles = $this->getAccountTypeRepo()->getPaymentProfileTitlePairs(true);
set true and so my payment provider is not shown.

Is there another trigger for showing payments to guests?

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Could not process AddonFlare_Paid-Registrations_1.6.4_FULL-1826E-BrandingFree.zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected.

Hello, and happy new year :)

Can I just ask for advice on this, please? I’d like to introduce a new “lifetime” level of membership. This will give a permanent, non-expiring upgrade.

However, I need to understand the process:

1) member already subscribes to annual usegroup upgrade to “patron” status

2) they then buy lifetime upgrade to “patron” status

3) how do we make sure that payment for the prior recurring upgrade is no longer taken?

4) how do we make sure that when payment for the prior upgrade fails, they aren’t demoted?

Thanks!

Can an admin gift someone an upgrade without $$? For example can I gift them a one month user upgrade but not actually giving them money.

For example if someone reviews something can I then thank them by giving them the uber special membership for a month for example?

The live demo only have PayPal options. Can you also add Stripe option to it so I know what it looks like before purchasing the add-on? Thanks.

3) how do we make sure that payment for the prior recurring upgrade is no longer taken?
4) how do we make sure that when payment for the prior upgrade fails, they aren’t demoted?
There's not really a way to handle this atm, the only way to cancel a recurring payment with the current API that's used is by the buyer or seller manually canceling it through paypal.com.

Can an admin gift someone an upgrade without $$?
This is currently not possible, but we'll consider it for a future release.

Can you also add Stripe option to it so I know what it looks like before purchasing the add-on? Thanks.
It works the same way as when a registered user selects Stripe as the payment method:
Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 1.28.37 AM.webp
---

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 1.28.51 AM.webp

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 1.28.37 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 1.28.37 AM.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
I have a problem where a user resisters with the upgrade and then it doesn't apply the upgrade to the account for an hour or so.

Is there a way to solve this?

I'm using Stripe.

I have a problem where a user resisters with the upgrade and then it doesn't apply the upgrade to the account for an hour or so.

Is there a way to solve this?

I'm using Stripe.
This is normal for Stripe transactions (for now) This is one of the main changes coming in the next release, they will always be instant.

Top Bottom