Add-on Update Notifier

Add-on Update Notifier 1.1.8

No permission to download
Thank you for the great add on. I need to also use it on our test site. How can we use it there as the KEY will not work there? Thanks.

Hi there, I paid for an API key and we just moved hosts. Now when I try updaing anything I get the following error "API Key not valid for this IP."

If I look at my settings it shows...

API Key is valid​

Usage: 74 addons of the total 90 allowed for this key.

How do I fix this? Thanks!

Hi there, I paid for an API key and we just moved hosts. Now when I try updaing anything I get the following error "API Key not valid for this IP."

If I look at my settings it shows...

API Key is valid​

Usage: 74 addons of the total 90 allowed for this key.

How do I fix this? Thanks!
Try now again, I reset your API key 😊 if that doesn't work please PM me your key and I'll have a closer look 👍

1689246597786.webp
I updated s9e/MediaSites a couple of days ago, yet it still shows that an update exists for it:
1689246643641.webp

However, this is exactly the version I installed.

View attachment 288469
I updated s9e/MediaSites a couple of days ago, yet it still shows that an update exists for it:
View attachment 288470

However, this is exactly the version I installed.
If you hover the 2.10.2 text there it says what the problem is :)

Basically:
  • The XF resource page has released it as version 2.10.2 (which is the version 2100270, and our system sets it like that)
  • The actual version in the addon.json is 2100250, which is actually 2.10.2 Release Candidate (older version than what the XF resource page shows)
  • 2100270 (what our system extracted from resource page) is larger than 2100250 (actual installed version), so it shows that there is still a newer version, although there isn't..
I now marked that version correctly in the backend, but in the future:

Solution
When you see things like 2.10.2 after you have clearly installed the latest version, you should click the ⚙️-button, and select "Ignore this version" and it won't show about that specific "broken" version until there is a newer (hopefully correctly marked) version available :)
(and if the next release is also "broken" you just rinse-and-repeat the install actualy latest version + "ignore this version" :D, maybe also tag the developer to do it correctly in future ;) )

Last edited:
When you see things like 2.10.2 after you have clearly installed the latest version, you should click the ⚙️-button, and select "Ignore this version" and it won't show about that specific "broken" version until there is a newer (hopefully correctly marked) version available :)
Alright, thanks! And thanks for marking the version correctly.

@mazzly My addon has not been working for a while, however, I changed my host and URL and was thinking that might be the cause. If I remember right the key is attached to the URL. If so is there any way to fix that? I just bought an extension for more add-on checks with my original key.

@mazzly My addon has not been working for a while, however, I changed my host and URL and was thinking that might be the cause. If I remember right the key is attached to the URL. If so is there any way to fix that? I just bought an extension for more add-on checks with my original key.
Send me a PM with the key and board url and I'll have a check 😊👌

mazzly updated Add-on Update Notifier with a new update entry:

Backend fix to recognize "90-prefix"-verions for add-ons

Shoutout to @Fatih Ozcan for reporting this :)

A bunch of add-ons are using the 90-prefix to bump down the version_string, while still using a larger number.

We had code in the backend to handle this when parsing the version from add-on pages, but had forgotten to add logic that could automatically notice & mark these add-ons as using the "90-prefix/hack". So a couple add-ons in our system were being parsed as using "normal" versioning.

Because of this a couple of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Lee
Im a bit confused here because the latest and current version I see is 1.1.6 and was released back in May.

Im a bit confused here because the latest and current version I see is 1.1.6 and was released back in May.
These are backend updates, and not add-on updates.

He is just updating people to the fact that some bugs are fixed, but they do not require an update.

Top Bottom