Add-on Update Notifier

Add-on Update Notifier 1.1.8

No permission to download
You are able to "ignore" updates for addons, both a specific version, and also all version updates 😊👍
Yes, the point is that this addon should.
Why prompt to upgrade deartivated addons?
Why prompt to upgrade incompatible addons?

Yes, the point is that this addon should.
Why prompt to upgrade deartivated addons?
Why prompt to upgrade incompatible addons?
  1. Hmm, so you have an addon deactivated and it shows the buttons about new version for those addons? If so that's a bug and should be fixed 😊
  2. It is quite/very hard to know which addon versions are compatible with which forum versions without manually reading addon page instructions.. And even if we did that, it would require quite a lot of work to enable that feature, which is quite an edge case anyway, and I like keeping things the KISS way 😁

Hmm, so you have an addon deactivated and it shows the buttons about new version for those addons? If so that's a bug and should be fixed 😊
Yes, that's the case. A disabled add-on released a new version on XF. This addon, via /admin.php?add-ons/ was displaying and prompting me to upgrade the addon.

It is quite/very hard to know which addon versions are compatible with which forum versions without manually reading addon page instructions.. And even if we did that, it would require quite a lot of work to enable that feature, which is quite an edge case anyway, and I like keeping things the KISS way 😁
I see your point. That's a shame.
If an addon decides a very recent minimum XF version, then I can no longer upgrade that addon until my XF version is upgraded. It will be disappointing to stop all future addons upgrade notifications for it, and perhaps I'll forget when later I do upgrade my XF.

if I were to get the +30 today, could I pay the difference if I ever go past the 60 addons?
Yes if you decide to upgrade further to +60 it will automatically "prorate" the remaining days to fit into the new subscription.

So if you e.g. have 50 days remaining on your +30 subscription, and upgrade to +60, then your remaining 50 days will be transformed as follows:
50 / (60 / 30) = 25 days + the 365 days you get from the +60 susbscription.

If you upgrade to +90 it would be:
50 / (90 / 30) = 16.666... days => 17 days + the 365 days from the +90 subscription

etc etc :)

Yes if you decide to upgrade further to +60 it will automatically "prorate" the remaining days to fit into the new subscription.

So if you e.g. have 50 days remaining on your +30 subscription, and upgrade to +60, then your remaining 50 days will be transformed as follows:
50 / (60 / 30) = 25 days + the 365 days you get from the +60 susbscription.

If you upgrade to +90 it would be:
50 / (90 / 30) = 16.666... days => 17 days + the 365 days from the +90 subscription

etc etc :)
I mean as in the pricing, not the days. So if I paid the 6 euros today for +30, then needed to upgrade to +60 addons later on. Would I need to pay an additional 12 euros, or just the difference to bring it UP to 12?

I mean as in the pricing, not the days. So if I paid the 6 euros today for +30, then needed to upgrade to +60 addons later on. Would I need to pay an additional 12 euros, or just the difference to bring it UP to 12?
It will cost the full 12€, and it will be valid for a full year + 50% of the remaining days on your current +30 subscription.

It will cost the full 12€, and it will be valid for a full year + 50% of the remaining days on your current +30 subscription.
Ah ok, that clarifies things, I may as well save up and just get the +60 even if it takes a few months to save up. (no job)

Hey, I hate to be a pest, but this is still not working for us and we've been paying for this API key for months now. So, while I understand that everything has hiccups -- what's happening with getting this working for us? Otherwise, can you please provide a link for where we can cancel our subscription?

Thanks

Hey, I hate to be a pest, but this is still not working for us and we've been paying for this API key for months now. So, while I understand that everything has hiccups -- what's happening with getting this working for us? Otherwise, can you please provide a link for where we can cancel our subscription?

Thanks
Is this still a problem for ya? I was considering getting an API extension but if that's the case right now, I won't give them any money until its resolved.

Thanks
Sorry for missing this message.

Last you wrote in PM you mentioned that everything is working fine... It seems your server IP keeps rotating, which is something we can adjust for, as long as you can provide the CIDR info for which all IPs will be possible from your hosting. I added some of the IPs that your server has used recently so it will work again, but the next time your server changes IP it will be the same problem.

You should contact KnownHost and ask them to help in providing your server with a fixed IP, or at least have them tell you what IP ranges (CIDR blocks) your server is/will be using.

Is this still a problem for ya? I was considering getting an API extension but if that's the case right now, I won't give them any money until its resolved.
This is only a "problem" if your server keeps changing IP addresses, and we can set your API key to allow for IP ranges... Also, the add-on will tell you what to do if this is the case on your forum/server..

Have you had any problems with your current free API key? 🤔 The extension doesn't change anything with how it works, except it gives update notifications for more add-ons :)

This is only a "problem" if your server keeps changing IP addresses, and we can set your API key to allow for IP ranges... Also, the add-on will tell you what to do if this is the case on your forum/server..
We use OVH Public Cloud and we should have a dedicated IP or two.

Have you had any problems with your current free API key? 🤔 The extension doesn't change anything with how it works, except it gives update notifications for more add-ons :)
Nah, but they didn't mention that their IP was changing so I wasn't sure if it was an addon thing or server thing.

Edit:
@mazzly - what about skipping disabled addons from counting on the check, instead of just skipping them? I would be just under 60 addons and that's all I can afford right now, is the +30, not the +60.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 10.24.35.webp

Would be great if each of these linked to the download URL for the add-on, or if not instead scrolled the page down to the listing where the download link already exists

mazzly updated Add-on Update Notifier with a new update entry:

Backend updated to automagically handle server IP rotations

Note: This is a backend change, meaning: there is no new package to install

We have updated the backend to be able to automatically have server IP rotations in certain cases. This should improve the functionality for those few servers (~10/300 so far) that are using and rotating between multiple IPs.

This should work for the majority of IP rotating servers, and in case it doesn't the add-on will tell you what to do anyway to get it resolved :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom