Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
This add-on is a 3rd party add-on, even though it's made by one of the devs it doesn't mean it's an official feature.
Absolutely it is but so was reactions... the thought was they might make this into a regular feature. For us Joe blow admins it's a must. I hire out my upgrades etc without it.

Absolutely it is but so was reactions... the thought was they might make this into a regular feature. For us Joe blow admins it's a must. I hire out my upgrades etc without it.
I agree with you, I think it would be a great feature to add. I've used it a lot and just makes it easier to install add-ons.

Is this still in the works since it doesn't look to be part of 2.1 ? Without it I might start looking at other software long term.
The XF2.1 HYS aren't over yet, and I'm currently still working through my backlog of paid add-ons. The next major work I plan is my Report Center related add-ons (Report Improvements & Report Queues are large add-ons)

Getting this error when trying to upgrade any add-on:

Unable to Connect to ssl://xenforo.comhttps:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

It used to fine work before. Hmm...

Unable to Connect to ssl://xenforo.comhttps:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

Same here, could be a php or apache update.

Also got a mail today that somebody tried to register an account and got a server not found error with the activation mail link. But that was with a 'tempinbox.com' mail.

Reactions: the

+1 also getting this error, running php 7.2.13

Reactions: the

Same here, could be a php or apache update.

Also got a mail today that somebody tried to register an account and got a server not found error with the activation mail link. But that was with a 'tempinbox.com' mail.
+1 also getting this error, running php 7.2.13
Anyone figure out the error?
What versions of XenForo are you guys running?

This is a DNS issue, which is a server level issue. Likely the DNS provider your hosting is using is being flaky or having network problems.

I was wondering if it was related to this fix in 1.5.23?
Fix an issue with cURL requests not using the expected HTTP version
I had the problem and upgraded my out of date add-on manually. I've since upgraded to 1.5.23 but don't have any out of date add-ons to test with.

We received this error upon doing a test upgrade to XF 2.1 on a site that started on XF 1.x:
Code:
ErrorException: Renamed table xf_addon_install_batch to xf_addon_install_batch__conflict to avoid schema conflict src/XF/Error.php:75
Code:
#0 src/XF.php(187): XF\Error->logError('Renamed table x...', true)
#1 src/XF/Db/Schema/Create.php(72): XF::logError('Renamed table x...', true)
#2 src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php(147): XF\Db\Schema\Create->getQueries()
#3 src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php(186): XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply()
#4 src/XF/Install/InstallHelperTrait.php(582): XF\Db\SchemaManager->createTable('xf_addon_instal...', Object(Closure))
#5 src/XF/Install/Upgrade/2010010-210a.php(23): XF\Install\Upgrade\AbstractUpgrade->createTable('xf_addon_instal...', Object(Closure))
#6 src/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php(173): XF\Install\Upgrade\Version2010010->step1(0, Array, Object(XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRun(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Upgrade', 'Run', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#13 install/index.php(14): XF::runApp('XF\\Install\\App')
#14 {main}
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "/*****/install/index.php?upgrade/run"
  ["referrer"] => string(56) "https://*********/install/index.php?upgrade/run"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["upgrade/run"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["run_version"] => string(0) ""
    ["step"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

I assume it would be okay to remove those orphaned tables before we go with the live upgrade?

Any add-on which you do not need in 2.x should be uninstalled before upgrading from 1.x, ideally.

Otherwise, yes, you just need to remove that table manually.

xf_addon_install_batch_entry and xf_addon_install_batch__conflict belong to this add-on, but I plan to make them migrate to ThemeHouse's add-on install add-on.

xf_addon_install_batch_entry and xf_addon_install_batch__conflict belong to this add-on, but I plan to make them migrate to ThemeHouse's add-on install add-on.

There aren't many of your addons I don't use, so I'm sure that one will be no different. Considering that, should we leave them?

Top Bottom