Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Also, can I upload the files manually and then select multiple .xml files and install/upgrade multiple addons simultaneously?

Answered it myself by trying it :)

Last edited:
Something is **really** hosed up here. I just started digging around directories to correct a style issue and I have random files everywhere. I have js, style, and library directories as a sub-directory of /js. I have js, style, and library directories as a sub-directory of /styles also! And also /js /library /style sub-directories of /library!! It's a total mess.

I'm pretty sure you've asked this a couple of times before.

It's an expected consequence of resource authors not synchronising the version string of the add-on with the version string in the Resource Manager.

Improvements are being explored.

Awesome addon!

It would be great if the link to the addon could be grabbed from the link the addon author adds to the addon :)

Something is **really** hosed up here. I just started digging around directories to correct a style issue and I have random files everywhere. I have js, style, and library directories as a sub-directory of /js. I have js, style, and library directories as a sub-directory of /styles also! And also /js /library /style sub-directories of /library!! It's a total mess.
Is there any insight on this issue? I had to manually delete all the hanging chads to clean up my directory after I figured out that the current files were in the right place (so I deleted the older ones) and since then I have resorted to manually uploading all the files and then running the .xml files in a group via Old School. Which is fine, it's better than running each one individually...just kind of a pain

I'm hoping to finish the bits I've been working on for the next version of the add-on install & upgrade sometime by November (3 weeks). I've got a lot of other stuff I've been working on, and a full-time job so this is taking longer than if I was able to work on it full-time.

Is there any insight on this issue? I had to manually delete all the hanging chads to clean up my directory after I figured out that the current files were in the right place (so I deleted the older ones) and since then I have resorted to manually uploading all the files and then running the .xml files in a group via Old School. Which is fine, it's better than running each one individually...just kind of a pain
This version: 1.3.0 Alpha 5 should better handle those other add-ons. I've got deployed on my own sites and is fairly stable. But it is not yet feature complete.

Once some remaining features are finished being updated, I'm ready to ask @Chris D if he is ok with releasing it.

Another suggestion:

An initial check if the addon can write to the library and style folder. Ideally give some information about which permissions the install&upgrade app needs, how to set permissions (chmod or chown etc).

My routine is to recursive chmod my app folder to 777, then proceed with the upgrades.
Then save my xf app folder. Destroy my servers. And deploy new servers (with the new xf app).

Is there a way to get this to work with resources that are not hosted on XenForo.com? I have a paid add-on that is distributed via the authors own site, which uses XenForo and the Resource Manager, too. So technically wouldn't it be the same to pull updates from another site? (I'm aware I'd need to give the update plug-in access to my account at that website, but that wouldn't be the problem of course).

Callback addon file name CronEntry_Sync::updateInstance is invalid (Invalid Method).
on .Zip file seems that this can't under stand the xml to install from ziped

@Chris D, was going to install the LiveUpdate from the XenForo site using this.. and when I put the link I get this error when trying to install
Code:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://xenforo.com:443. Error #0: - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Generated By: Tracy, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/thebent.bike/public/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('ssl://xenforo.c...', 443, true)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/thebent.bike/public/library/AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(108): Zend_Http_Client->request('POST')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/thebent.bike/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/thebent.bike/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/thebent.bike/public/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://thebent.bike/admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/install-upgrade"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["resource_url"] => string(56) "https://xenforo.com/community/resources/live-update.274/"
    ["server_file_oldskool"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Related to the DDOS attack mitigation that may have been put into place?

I meet with this add-on just today and i' m happy really. I have enter the all of my add-ons Resource URL's manually and i check now if have any upgrade then 1 click to upgrade easily :)

Thank you and i advice this add-on to everyone. I think, this should be built-in in xenforo too.

I did rebuild all caches from the entire board, no error so far. So I guess I am safe... By the way, an add-on that allows to rebuild all caches at once would be nice *hint hint*.
This version: 1.3.0 Alpha 5 does that by allowing you to install multiple add-ons at once. I've got deployed on my own sites and is fairly stable. But it is not yet feature complete (the install log, some error handling, and UI improvements).

I have yet to install this but for god sake at least clean up the DS_store files your mac pc generated.

Hi, I'm very new at this.

When I try to install from URL I receive this
Could not create temporary install directory. Please verify permissions are correct to write to the install/addons directory.

If I try to install from a zip I get this
This filter needs the zip extension

1. Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
  2. Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
  3. Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 29
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 69
  5. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forumsav/public_html/forums/xftest/admin.php at line 13
Are both of these issues needing to be directed to our host? Would it make a difference that I'm installing to our test board?

Top Bottom