Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Are there known problems like some AddOns that resolve in problems during the XenForo Login.
The Login on XenForo did not work for me, the credentials are correct.
I am using actual Chrome on Win10 with some Plugins. I thought, it may be a conflict with LastPass, but that makes no problem.
I checked the really sent request headers, and the data is correct.

I testet it on localhost, a XAMPP Installation. Can this be the Problem?

Your XF.com forum account appears to have 2 Step Verification enabled, therefore you won't be able to log in successfully via this add-on.

Reactions: Xon
I've noticed a few of AndyB's addons erroring out on a batch update of multiple addons. I haven't paid attention to which ones but I've had other (not andy's) error out As well just never looked into why. And when I say error I mean they just don't install/update. I'll have to look at my folders now

It seems that if you run multiple updates and one doesn't conform or throws an error, it won't check the rest of the zip files, it stops and installs the ones the were ok up to the error.

Then if you go to run the individual zip that errored, it still will error and that one you have to run manually.

@AndyB 's add-ons tend to be packaged in a way which makes using an add-on installer quite difficult.

But the 'library/library' thing definitely looks like a bug.
Confirmed this myself today after I recompiled PHP to add the zip extension on my VPS and then ran a handful of addons at the same time, it did not choke on @AndyB's Change Author but it did unzip the files into the /library/library/AndyB and library/library did not exist prior to just now. I now shows v2.5 is installed but the files are in the wrong location?

I don't know if that means the addon will not work right or what - haven't tried it.

Just checked my other site and a few months back when I did some batch upgrades there, it also created the library/library structure. However it did so for Tapatalk as well and IIRC the installer choked on TT and I had to upgrade it manually. So now I'm not sure if I can delete the files in library/library or if I need to first uninstall the addons, then clean up the files, and then re-install them?

The library/library folder should be safe to delete, as AndyB's stuff expects to be under library/ not library/library/

I'm surprised anything installed properly, I'll need to look into what the installer is doing.

I guess I don't fully understand how the placement of files affects XF running them. So when I upload the files via FTP and then run the xml, it knows where the files are supposed to be (in this case, /library/AndyB/etc). But when I upload the zip file through this addon, it puts them in a different location and then runs the xml, but does the xml re-adjust to run on the files in the actual location they were just placed?

Maybe it only runs when you previously installed the addon old skool, so it puts the files in the wrong location and then runs the xml on the files in the previous location, and updates the version number incorrectly?

Either way, if I just delete the files that were uploaded, and I delete the wrong ones, won't that cause XF to choke? Maybe i don't understand how addons and how the associated files that you upload work - they do have to stay there (in the uploaded location) for the addon to work, don't they? I know you can delete them after you uninstall...

Can anyone help me understand what the following means and what to do to fix it?
Thanks.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: DOMDocument::loadHTML() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given - library/Zend/Dom/Query.php:271
Generated By: Hondasxs, 17 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'DOMDocument::lo...', '/home/hondasxs/...', 271, Array)
#1 /home/hondasxs/public_html/library/Zend/Dom/Query.php(271): DOMDocument->loadHTML('PK\x03\x04\x14\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\xF2J!G\x00...')
#2 /home/hondasxs/public_html/library/Zend/Dom/Query.php(231): Zend_Dom_Query->queryXpath('//html//*[conta...', 'html .LoggedIn')
#3 /home/hondasxs/public_html/library/AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(111): Zend_Dom_Query->query('html .LoggedIn')
#4 /home/hondasxs/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade()
#5 /home/hondasxs/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/hondasxs/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://hondasxs.com/admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/install-upgrade"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["resource_url"] => string(89) "https://xenforo.com/community/resources/solidmean-forumbackup.3605/download?version=16297"
    ["server_file_oldskool"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

When trying to install the following add on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xen-tr-who-has-visited.502/ using all three methods I ran this error, disabling your add on and then installing the new add on worked.

Code:
Error Info
Exception: String could not be parsed as XML - library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php:152
Generated By: DaveM, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php(0): SimpleXMLElement->__construct()
#1 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(27): AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getXmlType('/var/www/client...')
#2 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade()
#3 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(60) "http://www.triumphtalk.com/admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/install-upgrade"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["resource_url"] => string(67) "https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xen-tr-who-has-visited.502/"
    ["server_file_oldskool"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

I didn't figure it was a bug, I figured it was an incompatibility issue with certain addons. What would be nice is there there was a post-install 'report' telling you if any addons failed to upgrade/install for any reason and which ones succeeded.

One addon that I do miss is the addon upgrade/install log by *******, I'm wondering if something like that might be able to be incorporated into this addon. That would be fantastic. Maybe a future addition?

What I recall (because I haven't yet been able to duplicate it and screenshot it) is that after I clicked the install/upgrade button, that it would think for a while (assuming that it was uploading and unzipping the files) and then it would throw up an error on the ACP screen, but then the popup dialogue box would come up to indicate that installation was in progress. Then I would have to check to see which addons actually got upgraded and which did not. So if I chose 4 out of 8 to upgrade at once, I would have to remember which ones I chose and then figure out which one (besides the one that threw the error) did not install, and try that one (or ones) again stand-alone

Thanks for looking into it @Xon.

It is definitely on the roadmap to improve the UI for seeing what installed or failed, and basically includes an addon upgrade/install log too.

I just used this to upgrade XenPorta 2 Pro and it placed everything that was supposed to go in the /library directory into the /library/library directory as well.

So now what do I do? I have 2 sets of installed files for several addons. The ones installed manually, which are outdated, and the ones that were installed by this addon. I guess I wait until a new version comes out, then I upload those manually to the correct directory and run the upgrade, then I manually delete the wrongly-placed files? Otherwise I have to uninstall and one of these I do not wish to do that as I will lose my settings.

Delete the library/library directory, none of the files will actually be getting used, essentially meaning you're probably running the current version of templates, etc. (from the XML file) but the original version of the files.

Until the next Add-on Install & Upgrade update (where this issue is fixed), you may want to update XenPorta 2 manually by uploading the new files and upgrading by uploading the XML file (Option 3).

I guess I don't fully understand how the placement of files affects XF running them. So when I upload the files via FTP and then run the xml, it knows where the files are supposed to be (in this case, /library/AndyB/etc). But when I upload the zip file through this addon, it puts them in a different location and then runs the xml, but does the xml re-adjust to run on the files in the actual location they were just placed?

Maybe it only runs when you previously installed the addon old skool, so it puts the files in the wrong location and then runs the xml on the files in the previous location, and updates the version number incorrectly?

Either way, if I just delete the files that were uploaded, and I delete the wrong ones, won't that cause XF to choke? Maybe i don't understand how addons and how the associated files that you upload work - they do have to stay there (in the uploaded location) for the addon to work, don't they? I know you can delete them after you uninstall...
@Chris D this above question is what I asked before. When the files are installed in the library, doesn't the install procedure "lock in" on the file location where they are uploaded? So if I have newer files in library/library/xyzaddon after the upgrade via this addon, and older files in library/xyzaddon that were previously installed manually, and I delete the /library/library/xyzaddon files (which are more recent) that to me tells me that something is going to go haywire.

Or am I completely wrong

Ok, that answers one part of the question. So if the files are uploaded into the wrong place, but older versions are in the right place, the .xml will run because the files exist, right? So then XF thinks the addon installed correctly, but it's running off old files...so would I then just take the incorrectly placed files and move them to the right place (over write the old files)?

Top Bottom