1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Able to Send Author Alerts When Deleting Profile Posts or Profile Post Comments

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Amaury, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Now that this has been introduced in XenForo 1.5, are we supposed to be able to send author alerts here on XenForo Community? Was that intentionally set like that or should only moderators be able to do it?

XF Profile Post Delete.PNG

XF Profile Post Comment Delete.PNG

2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I kind of feel like either way it shouldn't show up due to the fact you are the author and won't receive the alert. Same as thread "notify author of this action" options. Aside from that though, I definitely think that's an oversight. It is funny you post a real (likely) bug in the general discussion section and phrase typos in the bug section though ;).

Liam W and Amaury like this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Well, actually, it's when managing content on your profile. In this case, if I deleted Liam's profile post/comment, he'd get an alert. ;)

But yeah.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've moved this to bugs, the developers will see it and let you know.

Amaury likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jeremy. :)

6. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

There are permissions setup to allow users to manage their own profile and delete other people's profile posts on their profile. I'm guessing those permissions where reused when profile comments where expanded and fleshed out.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The logic with author alerts has generally been if you're not the content owner (or you're taking a "moderator-level" action), you can send the alert. There isn't an explicit permission over this.

However, as mentioned, the ability to manage others posts on your profile is what's triggering this. We'll likely need to check another permission to determine if you can send author alerts.

Liam W, Amaury, Valhalla and 2 others like this.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This has been fixed now. We check some moderator level permissions before showing the alert option. (It will roll out here shortly.)

Valhalla and Amaury like this.