[8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO

[8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO [Paid] 1.2.6b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I would not recommend using Dailymotion with XenRio.

Dailymotion, like YouTube does not link live streams to channels. It instead displays live streams as video ids (which is dumb). So once a live stream goes down (ends), it will NEVER go live again, because the video is "done".

XenRio is for tracking when live streams go up AND down. Because of the way both Dailymotion and YouTube link their streams, this is just not possible.

Also, with Dailymotion, if you run a scrape of a video, when the video is offline (which will eventually happen, because as I said, this is how it works), it does not return the viewers as 0, it returns the viewers as NULL. So the error is happening because you are not adjusting NULL into a valid int.

Thanks for you reply the NULL is the solution. For Dailymotion we're official partner, and we have a unique ID for our Livestream. (for each channels)

Thanks for you reply the NULL is the solution. For Dailymotion we're official partner, and we have a unique ID for our Livestream. (for each channels)
What I mean is if you go to: http://www.dailymotion.com/Millenium_TV

That is a channel, which is currently live streaming.
They are live streaming here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmehe4

As you can see, instead of the stream being ID'd by the channel, its ID'd with "xmehe4", the video ID. They will eventually go down later tonight; and they will probably be streaming again tomorrow. When they go live tomorrow, the video wont be at "xmehe4", it will have a new ID and there doesn't seem to be a way to track the changes.

So I've been experimented with Dailymotion... as it turns out, channel IDs with live streams don't change!

Last edited:
Okay, attached is a Dailymotion scrape... also supports json updating.

I'll include it in the main package in the next major update.

Attachments

So a clean install of XenRio nets me this:

U4oEQwf.png

When I try to edit anything in services, I get this error:

You don't have permission to access /streams/justin-tv.2/server/edit on this server.

I have full permissions setup in Admin Control panel as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

Is there anyway to add a 'Share This Page addon' under the LiveStreams to the right?
So if views have an option to share on twitter etc?

So a clean install of XenRio nets me this:

U4oEQwf.png

When I try to edit anything in services, I get this error:

I have full permissions setup in Admin Control panel as far as I can tell. Any ideas?
You definitely have something wrong in your permissions setup.

You definitely have something wrong in your permissions setup.

I originally thought it was multiple user groups interfering with one another, but I've tried giving full permissions to every user group, checked my personal permissions, and I still can't do anything. Is there anything outiside of XenRio permissions that could be interfering? I don't really know what else to do except maybe start deleting all the user groups. It's not a huge deal as I just used fixed width and it fixes the window size, but I'd still like to be able to disable some services and make changes.

The Live Streams list is no longer showing up in the sidebar of XenPorta. Any idea why this might be? Anything I could check? I have the block installed and put in my portal layout.

I originally thought it was multiple user groups interfering with one another, but I've tried giving full permissions to every user group, checked my personal permissions, and I still can't do anything. Is there anything outiside of XenRio permissions that could be interfering? I don't really know what else to do except maybe start deleting all the user groups. It's not a huge deal as I just used fixed width and it fixes the window size, but I'd still like to be able to disable some services and make changes.
I have no idea otherwise. Its purely a permission issue.

The Live Streams list is no longer showing up in the sidebar of XenPorta. Any idea why this might be? Anything I could check? I have the block installed and put in my portal layout.
Check your settings

Just purchased and love it. I currently only stream one game, and I really want to create a tab for "Channels" instead of game categories. Is there anyway to do this? And is there anyway to display the user's name who submitted the channel next to their channel submission?

Just purchased and love it. I currently only stream one game, and I really want to create a tab for "Channels" instead of game categories. Is there anyway to do this? And is there anyway to display the user's name who submitted the channel next to their channel submission?
Unfortunately, no, the channel system categorizes by what game the streamer is currently playing. The idea is to automatically move channels around the different categories as they play different games.

The person who submitted the channel is listed only when a channel is under review. Once its approved, the user who submitted it is removed; because at that point, its irrelevant.

The person who submitted the channel is listed only when a channel is under review. Once its approved, the user who submitted it is removed; because at that point, its irrelevant.

Is there any way to manually edit the template for this? I am fairly competent and if pointed in the right direction, I might be able to figure it out. Or have a custom field for a "description" in the submission menu (this would probably be more useful overall).

Also, is there any way to create a tab for "channels" so it stands out more ?

Top Bottom