A branding removal license and instructions on how to remove the brands quick and easily can be purchased HERE for $50. Each branding removal license is good for ONE forum only!
- Additional Requirements:
- Please read the FAQ.
- Visible Branding:
- Yes, but removable with payment
What is XenRio?
XenRio is a live streaming browser and front-end. It periodically scrapes various APIs in order to keep your users informed of the currently live broadcasts relevant to your community. It allows you to set up various types of restrictions to cater directly to your community.
- Periodically scrapes supported platforms for a list of live streams.
- Embeds live streams directly into your forum to prevent bouncing.
- Auto updates channel status, categories, thumbnails and viewer counts.
- Ability to set games/categories into sorted lists of parent categories.
- Adds a [stream] BBcode so users can embed streams directly in threads and posts.
BBcode can be used as follows:
Assuming the stream is an approved channel with a channel id of "1", it will embed both the stream AND the chatroom for that stream into a post.Code:[stream]1[/stream]
This is the secondary embed code which allows users to embed channels which have not been "approved". Using the code above, it will embed the channel "8wayrun" using the embed codes for Twitch.TV. However, there will be no embedded chatroom.Code:[stream=twitch]8wayrun[/stream]
- upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
- install from file on server: "library/EWRrio/addon-EWRrio.xml"
- set options for the addon in administration control panel
- set usergroup permissions for various rights
- enable which services you want to use on the service page
- set your API keys for services that require it
You will notice that you can "enable/disable" streaming services. Disabling a service DOES NOT completely disable the service, users will still be able to embed channels from that service, as well as submit channels for that service. The "enable/disable" option simply tells the system whether or not you wish to scrape that specific service. Services that do not have scrape support will never be scraped, even if they are set to enabled.
Many of the limitations of this addon are due to the poor/outdated API support from various streaming services. You'll notice that a few of the platforms listed above do not have "scrape support". This is because their public APIs do not have a method to scrape for live streams.
However, channel support was added for these platforms anyways so that users can submit their channels and then those channels and their related chatroom can be embedded on your forum. Unfortunately, without scrape support, channels using those platforms will never appear on the "live streams" list.
In addition to these scrape limitations, there are additional limitations for using the secondary embed codes for Ustream.TV. I have outlined these limitations on this post:
Live Streaming Update and More Protocol Changes!
[8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO 1.2.4
Live Streaming Browser