This update removes the "Games" restriction from YouTube. As of last week, YouTube has completely removed the granular freebase topic ID system from their API. Because of this, you can no longer search the API based on what game a streamer is playing.
- This update will fix the issue of five NASA streams always showing up on your feed from YouTube since the API changes.
- You can technically still restrict YouTube by specific topics, but the topic list is very short and can be found...
[8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO 1.2.4b
Live Streaming Browser
Luke F likes this.
- Channel rescraping is now DAILY, instead of weekly.
- The streams database now contains a "start" value; which stores when a stream first gets detected as coming online. This data really isn't used for anything in XenRio; but I'm using it for addons which extend XenRio, such as my Discord Integration.
You will need to re-submit your TWITCH channels after this update.
- Twitch announced last month that their current API (v3) will be deprecated in February. With that announcement came a new API (v5). With this new API, channels can no longer be scraped with the channel name (ie: 8wayrun); instead, channels will only be scraped from channel IDs (ie: 5521605). Because of this, all your current twitch channels will need to be re-submitted in order to fetch the previously useless...
THLove likes this.
- Added rudimentary support for FC2Live streaming. Embedded chat rooms are not yet available.
- From now on, all services will be marked as DISABLED when installing this addon. Administrators now must make a conscious effort to enable the services they want to use; rather than disable the services they don't want to use.
- Made an alteration to how Twitch's AJAX scraping as handled so that streams don't immediately show up as "OFFLINE" after viewing them. Their API changes are...
This is a HOTFIX. If you already have 1.2.1, you do not need to run the upgrade script.
- Fixed an issue with changes to game categories not saving.
- Fixed an issue where YouTube streams were not being labelled as "featured" when the parent channel was marked as such.
There was an error with the install file for 1.2.0... 1.2.1 fixes it.
This is a significant and important update!
Please read all the patch notes before you install this update!
The previous approach was more of a "buckshot" approach where every service was pinged with every different spelling of a game, even if the spellings were not relevant for certain services. The new approach...
- The way additional "spellings" of categories/games has changed!
This update contains an XSS security fix! Please upgrade ASAP!
- Added support for Stream.Me as a streaming service.
- YouTube Live Streaming now has a chat system!
- The multi-viewer system has been COMPLETELY redesigned! Its now much easier to use and you'll find its probably the best multi-viewer system on the net now! (especially since it supports more than 1 streaming service)
- Changed event listeners from switch-case statements, to XenForo's event hint system. This should...
There is a significant caveat with Azubu scraping! For some reason, their API is case sensitive. If you submit the following channel to your channels list, it will work perfectly fine:
- Added support for Azubu scraping!
However, if you submit the channel as follows, it will NOT work:
I have contacted the devs of Azubu and informed them of this issue, but who knows how long...
- The "Mysqli : Incorrect string value" bug which I addressed in a FAQ entry has been fixed. You will no longer be required to convert tables to utf8mb4 and make file edits to Application.php. I have done some research and found a way to address this issue without any work from you guys! This update will revert any changes you've made to your database in regards to this issue, but it will not revert any changes to Application.php.
- Added an AdminCP option to display offline...
- Well after a YEAR (#289), Twitch finally fixed the autoplay bug with their new fourth generation embed code. Sad that it took a year to get this basic fix implemented; especially on a feature that existed in the first generation embed code. Sadly, still doesn't support SSL.
- With the new working autoplay codes, I have implemented an autoplay=false system for bbcode embeds. If you view a stream in the stream browser...
Page 1 of 3