[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I'm with you about @Jaxel he is a very generous coder. He freely shares his mods and until recently wasn't charging for almost all his mods. I'd prefer for him to charge for XenPorta because I'm trying to set it up on my site and am struggling in bits. I would be happy to pay for it if I could get some help with a few minor modifications.

Agree! In 1.1.x, what are you still struggling with other then Twitter which is due to recent API changes.

Agree! In 1.1.x, what are you still struggling with other then Twitter which is due to recent API changes.

1. Is there a guide on how to create custom blocks?

2. I want to customise the way RecentNews displays articles. It would mainly be CSS changes but it doesn't look like many people have been brave enough to do that.

3. I would like to change the width on the left hand column and make certain blocks (like Categories) slimmer to fit it.

4. RecentAccordion and RecentThreads arent displaying.

5. I would like Promoted Threads to appear on a Members profile page as well as an article page.

Also if I recall, before 1.2 beta was even live here. He announced his plans to no longer continue to support or update his free mods.
I said I would no longer be offering updates to my free mods when a paid version is available. If there are glaring bugs in the free versions, I will do my best to fix them. Besides, XenPorta does not have a paid version, so the free version is the focus of this mod and will remain so. A paid version of XenPorta will not be coming anytime soon as I would like to do a full rewrite of the mod in order to do so.

All the paid versions of my mods are rewrites... as I've become a better coder in the past few years, and most of my mods were programmed extremely quickly to fill the needs of those who use XenForo. Remember that XenPorta/XenCarta were programmed and released 4 days after the public release of XenForo's beta.

I said I would no longer be offering updates to my free mods when a paid version is available. If there are glaring bugs in the free versions, I will do my best to fix them.

Do you know why the twitter block isn't working?

A paid version of XenPorta will not be coming anytime soon as I would like to do a full rewrite of the mod in order to do so.

I have some ideas for features would it be ok to PM you to discuss them?

Besides, XenPorta does not have a paid version, so the free version is the focus of this mod and will remain so.
Hi @Jaxel, I've been unable to get help in fixing this issue with the (legacy?) Donations block after upgrading to XenPorta 1.5.8, and thought you'd be the best person to throw me some quick advice. Here's my issue:

Have just updated to XenPorta 1.5.8, all went well, and whilst our Donations block is still functioning (i.e. members can still donate, and the pie chart does update), the "We've received $20.00 of our monthly goal of $140." section doesn't link properly.

Here's the error message that displays when the '$20' hyperlink is clicked:

upload_2013-6-3_23-1-22-png.47541

It's obvious that it's simply not finding the right page, and sure enough when I browse http://mydomain/Donations/June2013 it doesn't display (which I'm sure is what I used to type to retrospectively view the monthly totals).
When I dig into the 'EWRblock_donations' template I find what I think is the line in question:
"{xen:phrase EWRblock_Donations_received_x, 'sum=<a href="{xen:link 'donations', $drive}" class="OverlayTrigger">${$drive.sum}</a>'}" ... but I'm too much of a noob to know how to check what the 'xen:link 'donations'' bit actually equates to.

Any help is hugely appreciated!

RecentFeatures is a replacement for the RecentSlider block (as far as I am aware) and I think it works in the same way. Info on this is in the FAQs I linked to.
Nice one Martok. We're doing some graphics testing now so we can switch over to the RecentFeatures addon ... but unfortunately the FAQ gives very little info ... e.g. specifics on dimensions required for graphics etc. We've worked out we need images that are ~660x250 (with 190px block on left that'll get covered by title/blurb), but is there anything else worth noting about how exactly the RecentFeatures works and what customisations are available beyond going through the Options?

May be if everyone is desperate for a paid extension like Xenporta then we can create a JV and hire a programmer to do it for us.

Hello! How do I get the categories to appear on the News? Currently it's like this:
RF5Mh0a.jpg

But I want it to be like this:

tPGWO2j.jpg

How to? I've tried a lot and gave up.

Hello! How do I get the categories to appear on the News?

From here: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/#post-320928

After upgrading / installing XenPorta 1.5.2, you have a new submenu-item in the ACP -> Home (menu XenPorta) called 'categories'. There you should create first a test category.
Once created, go to the ACP -> Home -> XenPorta -> Options menu and check the option (Globalized Custom Layouts):
Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)

After that, go to the Portal Index and click on a recent news item. you should notice, that the view of the thread / article has changed. Go to the bottom of the message.
There you should see: "Categories: Uncategorized".
To the right, you have the option "edit". There you can assign the categories that you predefined in the ACP.

As of 1.5.8, are there any slider blocks available? Can't seem to get the accordion slider to work and I read somewhere in this thread about the recent slider being deprecated.. Thanks!

As of 1.5.8, are there any slider blocks available? Can't seem to get the accordion slider to work and I read somewhere in this thread about the recent slider being deprecated.. Thanks!

RecentAccordion isn't working for a lot of people. RecentSlider is replaced by RecentFeatures which is working

Thank you!

It was there the whole time and I ddin't even try it. I spent at least an hour with recentaccordion :)

At least you found them, I had to ask someone where they were!! Can you get RecentThreads to work? It's not working for me.

Does anyone know why RecentAccordion isn't working and how to fix it?

RecentThreads worked for me right out the gate.. set up the block onthe portal, go into blocks.. edit the recentthreads block.. tell it what categories/forums to watch..

RecentThreads worked for me right out the gate.. set up the block onthe portal, go into blocks.. edit the recentthreads block.. tell it what categories/forums to watch..

I've got it working now. Just the twitter and RecentAccordion blocks that we need help with now

Randomly got this today when I make the RecentNews block show 6 articles instead of 10. Tried to switch it back, but error doesn't go away unless I take block off page.

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = '' at line 11 in /home/machinim/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 220
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 536
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/machinim/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

I get this error when I try to delete a promotion and also when I promote the thread on a certain time,it doesnt promote it.Only after "n" number of random tries,it gets promoted. I run xenporta 1.5.8.What causes this issue?

Server Error
Cannot delete data without a condition

1. XenForo_DataWriter->_delete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1737
  2. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in EWRporta/Model/Promotes.php at line 94
  3. EWRporta_Model_Promotes->updatePromotion() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 96
  4. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionPromote() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/domains/orpheusdroid.com/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom